Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Speed Data Upload
1010 5 2017-9-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans81504005
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I just found out that the Speed Data does not get uploaded to the Phantom 4 Pro when using Litchi.There is a warning that when you lose conection to the remote it will keep flying the mission but it will continue at the speed that the quad was at when it lost connection, even though there were different speeds programed at different waypoints.
Some folks on the different forums are saying that its a limitiation of the SDK.
Does Ground Station Pro have this same limitation when the signal is lost.
Iv got my fingers crossed that GSP does upload the speed data to the Quad.

Thanks
RK  

2017-9-9
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
United States

Ground Station Pro Speed Data

I just found out that the Speed Data does not get uploaded to the Phantom 4 Pro when using Litchi.There is a warning that when you lose conection to the remote it will keep flying the mission but it will continue at the speed that Phantom 4 Pro was at when it lost connection, even though there were different speeds programed at different waypoints.
Some folks on the different forums are saying that its a limitiation of the SDK.
Does Ground Station Pro have this same limitation when the signal is lost.
Iv got my fingers crossed that GSP does upload the speed data to the Phantom 4 Pro

Thanks
RK  

2017-9-9
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha RK,

Sounds like we have some fruit juice here.  Apples and oranges do not combine well naturally.  Fortunately, you are dealing with Android and the warning indicated is for Android products.  The speed data does get uploaded to the system prior to the flight.  However, should the communication be cut, the autonomous function does not preserve the whole regimen.  Kind of like RAM vs storage.  RAM is volatile.  Speed would be the RAM equivalent.

Unfortunately, Ground Station Pro is an iOS product.  There is a significant problem that has kept the GS Pro out of the Android arena for as much as a year now.  Is the speed issue the problem?

Most likely, there is no correlation between the speed limitation for Android and your concern.  It is still most likely a "crap shoot."

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-10
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
United States

Thanks Cetacean for your reply
So if I'm understanding this correctly the speed data is Not saved in the Phantom Pro 4s memory to be used when it gets disconnected while
flying an autonomous mission using DJIs Ground Station Pro or Litchi. using iOS iPad or iPhone

I hope this gets fixed
RK
2017-9-10
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Thank you for the info.  I'm still trying to decide if I want to use Litchi and I'm hearing an even level of pros and cons.  I haven't heard of "Ground Station" and I use iOS, so I appreciate you bringing up the question.
2017-9-10
Use props
fans81504005
lvl.4
United States

No Problem Capt Whitefoot
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules