Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-10 07:45
From the RC and App of course, they should realize when connection to aircraft is lost.

They can realise AC signal is gone but not that AC has powered off or power shutdown .
2017-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-10 07:47
They can realise AC signal is gone but not that AC has powered off or power shutdown .

And then they should report if the connection was lost. The reason for the loss of connection is not the point here. The logfile that has been posted above does not show a loss of connection, it simply stops at a point without any message. And this is difficult to understand.
Once again, it does not matter if it was a midair shutdown or whatever. What matters is that the connection was apparently lost and this was not reported. It is not logic to expect the message "Aircraft disconnected" coming from the Spark. How should it do this when disconnected? Send you an SMS?
2017-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-10 08:22
And then they should report if the connection was lost. The reason for the loss of connection is not the point here. The logfile that has been posted above does not show a loss of connection, it simply stops at a point without any message. And this is difficult to understand.
Once again, it does not matter if it was a midair shutdown or whatever. What matters is that the connection was apparently lost and this was not reported. It is not logic to expect the message "Aircraft disconnected" coming from the Spark. How should it do this when disconnected? Send you an SMS?

If radio is disconnected RTH should kick in, you will get a message saying aircraft disconnected and aircraft should RTH , if you read my earlier posts I mention what should have happened and what didn't happen.

Unfortunately SMS is not a feature yet in dji aircraft, but maybe it left a voice message on his cell phone. Lol

We don't know that connection was lost just that log ended before log ended and up to when log ended there were no stick movements for some seconds.
2017-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-10 08:29
If radio is disconnected RTH should kick in, you will get a message saying aircraft disconnected and aircraft should RTH , if you read my earlier posts I mention what should have happened and what didn't happen.

Unfortunately SMS is not a feature yet in dji aircraft, but maybe it left a voice message on his cell phone. Lol

I fully agree on that and on what you had written earlier! But this makes the case so mysterious...
And there has been another myterious case reported here today where someone was flying without RC and the Spark flew away with a) ignoring the range limit when flying without RC and b) not initiating RTH when it got far out of range of the mobile phone but just continued to fly on. Very strange...
2017-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-10 08:46
I fully agree on that and on what you had written earlier! But this makes the case so mysterious...
And there has been another myterious case reported here today where someone was flying without RC and the Spark flew away with a) ignoring the range limit when flying without RC and b) not initiating RTH when it got far out of range of the mobile phone but just continued to fly on. Very strange...

I think in that case gps was lost due to bad compass, and aircraft went into Atti mode, this seems to be a problem when using the phone only, aircraft continues to drift in Atti mode but once outside wifi range no way of controlling it, this I would think is a problem that has not been fully thought out by dji as we have very little chance of recovery as it is extremely difficult to control aircraft in Atti using only phone.
2017-9-10
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-10 08:58
I think in that case gps was lost due to bad compass, and aircraft went into Atti mode, this seems to be a problem when using the phone only, aircraft continues to drift in Atti mode but once outside wifi range no way of controlling it, this I would think is a problem that has not been fully thought out by dji as we have very little chance of recovery as it is extremely difficult to control aircraft in Atti using only phone.

Yes I agree, that case was different. Had just looked up the Flightlog again and in Atti Mode one is lost without a RC.
2017-9-10
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

Was the op using only cell phone or did he use also the RC?
2017-9-10
Use props
fans3b8dd2c3
lvl.4
Flight distance : 399984 ft
Germany

No he was using also the RC..just read it.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry to hear about your lost. Had you tried to use the "Find My Drone " function on the app and had you reported this case with our support? Please try to find the drone and start the data analysis at the same time. We will compensate your drone if it is a warranty case. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Will do our best to help things out.
2017-9-10
Use props
fansffd2d615
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1620525 ft
Netherlands

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-10 20:15
Sorry to hear about your lost. Had you tried to use the "Find My Drone " function on the app and had you reported this case with our support? Please try to find the drone and start the data analysis at the same time. We will compensate your drone if it is a warranty case. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Will do our best to help things out.

Dear Thor,

my case # is 741401. I really appreciate your support on this! Everyday I am looking to find my Spark, but without any success...

Best regards,
George
2017-9-13
Use props
Sparky_17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

This is a sad story of yet another lost spark.  RIP
2017-9-13
Use props
KenobiMaster
lvl.1
Flight distance : 355308 ft
Russia

Looks like the new mandatory firmware didn't solve the fly-away problem. But this case looks strange. No IMU malfunctions, no compass errors. Really looks like a power loss. Battery malfunction?
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

fansffd2d615 Posted at 2017-9-13 05:09
Dear Thor,

my case # is 741401. I really appreciate your support on this! Everyday I am looking to find my Spark, but without any success...

Sorry for that, our colleague had replied you an email, please check and provide the info needed, we will help to start the data analysis. We will compensate your drone if it is a warranty case. Appreciate your assistance.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules