Just crashed my 3 day old Mavic. What happens now?
898 7 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Flight distance : 84610 ft
Australia

Hi all...

Absolutely devestated

I was showing a mate the sports mode on my 3 day old Mavic on a local school field, and misjudged the height of one of the goalposts, and hit it at full speed.
I can't believe i've been so stupid, as i'm usually so careful.

So i guess it can be repaired? Camera still gives an image, but theres nothing working on the gimbal. One of the front legs has a tear in the plastic...props gone.

What do i do now? Do they give a quote before attempting repair?

Help!
2017-9-10
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Australia

Also, i was looking to do the DJI care last night too, but got busy and postponed it... would this have covered a crash or is it just to cover a faulty drone?
2017-9-10
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

Please contact dji.com/support and open a ticket for repair/replacement.  Your care coverage should cover the damage.  
2017-9-10
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Australia

Tahoe Ed Posted at 2017-9-10 05:12
Please contact dji.com/support and open a ticket for repair/replacement.  Your care coverage should cover the damage.

I wish i had taken the CARE package out yesterday It was on my list of things to do, but i didn't end up taking it out as i got busy last night and didn't find the time to sort it out. I'm so angry at myself right now
2017-9-10
Use props
DJ Nee
lvl.2
Australia

Am i able to buy the CARE package right now and still be covered? I am kicking myself that i didn't get around to sorting this last night. Dammit...
2017-9-10
Use props
ghostrdr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-9-10 05:39
Am i able to buy the CARE package right now and still be covered? I am kicking myself that i didn't get around to sorting this last night.  Dammit...

That would be akin to buying flood insurance after the flood. Time to get a repair quote.
2017-9-10
Use props
Tahoe Ed
lvl.3
Flight distance : 41668330 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJ Nee Posted at 2017-9-10 05:39
Am i able to buy the CARE package right now and still be covered? I am kicking myself that i didn't get around to sorting this last night.  Dammit...

I am sorry.  As was stated, it would not be available to you.  
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Nee, we understand your frustration, but DJI Care Refresh can only be purchased before activation or within 48 hours after the drone was activated.
As far as I can see,  your drone should have been activated over 48 hours.
Please contact our support to start a ticket and send in the drone for evaluation, then the quotation will be sent to you before repair.
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules