Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
horizontal avoidance clarification
1218 4 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tiredtim
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51106 ft
United Kingdom

There are two senor settings in the menus for the Mavic that I'm slightly confused about, namely "enable horizontal avoidance in Tap to Fly" and "enable horizontal avoidance in Active Track"
I assumed that this meant sideways avoidance. At the moment I have these turned off thinking that if my mavic encountered an obstackle whilst flying in either of these two modes, the front senors would detect the obstackle and hover the mavic rather than trying to fly around the issue by moving the craft sideways and crashing into something else. I had thought that the front senors would still work if this setting was set to off but someone has just made the valid point that forwards movement is still horizontal.
I probably haven't explained this very well but can anyone clarify this please?
2017-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

First off, only obstacle avoidance you have are front and downward avoidance, no sidewards avoidence, when Mavic meets obstacles it will hover for a few seconds then climb to clear obstacle before flying on its way.

If your looking for upwards avoidance you need inspire2 if your looking for sideways avoidance you need P4Pro.
2017-9-10
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.2
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-9-10 05:58
First off, only obstacle avoidance you have are front and downward avoidance, no sidewards avoidence, when Mavic meets obstacles it will hover for a few seconds then climb to clear obstacle before flying on its way.

If your looking for upwards avoidance you need inspire2 if your looking for sideways avoidance you need P4Pro.

Thanks for your reply but that's not quite what I meant.
I'm aware that the Mavic only has forward (and botton) sensors. What I'm slightly confused about is what happens when you turn on "Enable Horizontal Avoidance in Tap to Fly/ Active Track!
I have "Enable Obstacle Avoidance" already turned on which causes the Mavic to hover when it meets an object in it's flight path, but.....
Q1. Does this not usually happen in Tap to Fly and Active Track.
Q2. If I turn on "Enable Horizontal Avoidance in Tap to Fly/ Active Track" does this instruct the Mavic to try and fly around an obstacle rather than hover and wait for pilot input?
2017-9-10
Use props
tiredtim
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I would go and try to see what happens regarding the above but, as it's still British Summer Time here, it's throwing it down with rain and blowing a gale. It will probably be like this until next July when one, but not both of the above eases off slightly!!
2017-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

tiredtim Posted at 2017-9-10 09:14
I would go and try to see what happens regarding the above but, as it's still British Summer Time here, it's throwing it down with rain and blowing a gale. It will probably be like this until next July when one, but not both of the above eases off slightly!!

First there is no horizontal OA its forward avoidance and it has a range left and right up and down with total od 15 metre range in front, in tap fly it will slow down and hover, waiting for your instruction , in active track it will slow down and try to fly around object or hover, in RTH it will slow down hover climb to 16 feet above obstacles and continue at that altitude until it reaches homepoint before landing.

I know where your coming from with the British weather as it's much the same here on the west coast of Ireland , 90kph wind today , but spare a thought for those going through Storm Irma.
Hopefully I will get to fly sometime in may 2018. Lol.
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules