What's wrong with the app?
1965 25 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Floreto
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3591102 ft
United States

I have two issues to talk aboit, the first is when i use corse lock.  Ive found that many times the app locks up at some point durring a mission.  For instance yesterday i was forced to do a return to home recall using the home button on the controller because i couldent exit out of the course lock to fly home.  Ive also experienced times when it simply wouldent work at all.

My second issue is Im constantley seeing warnings for high wind no matter what the conditions.   For instance yesterday I flew in some of the most calm and perfect weather you could ask for.  Throughout the flight i was getting high wind warnings in conditions where 5 mph wind would have been unusual.  During this flight at some point the message that says safe to fly on the upper left hand corner switched to disconnected and stayed that way but i still had full controll of the aircraft.   Has anyone else seen this in the P4P+?

2017-9-10
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

I'm getting the "high wind" warnings as well in about 5-7 knot winds.  I noticed that since the firmware update, but I believe you can adjust the warnings in your settings,
2017-9-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-10 09:24
I'm getting the "high wind" warnings as well in about 5-7 knot winds.  I noticed that since the firmware update, but I believe you can adjust the warnings in your settings,

I don't have any depth of experience in this area, but I was getting the same indications in what should have been a low wind environment.  I kept chalking it up to the winds being higher at altitude, but it did not look like it.  Could it be something to do with how you are operating the UAV, like making quick commands to accelerate/slow and climb/descend?

Please tell, how do you adjust the warnings?
1) I'd like to do that
2) I'd like to know what many of these warnings are really trying to tell you i.e. high winds what is the trigger for that and more
The manual says nothing that matters about these pop ups.  Further, those pop up warnings come way to fast and are nearly impossible to read at times while trying to fly.  Kinda like bit--in betty gone wild...
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Which mobile device do you use? What's the aircraft altitude when the warning message appeared?  
2017-9-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-10 19:19
Which mobile device do you use? What's the aircraft altitude when the warning message appeared?

I'm using a Samsung Tab A & a Samsung S7 Galaxy & an iPad Air 2, it occurs at all altitudes regardless of actual conditions.  Everything was updated to the most current versions.
2017-9-10
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

Yes i also have them all the time on my P4P minus (+), it has been like that from v01.04.0602.

They just keep popping up even when there would be like no wind at all.

I believe it is a DJI sort of CmA, if something happen they just can claim it is pilot fault as there has been warned about high wind.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-10 21:21
I'm using a Samsung Tab A & a Samsung S7 Galaxy & an iPad Air 2, it occurs at all altitudes regardless of actual conditions.  Everything was updated to the most current versions.

What's the minimum altitude when the message appears? Please synchronize your flight records and PM me your DJI account, I'd like to look into it.
2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-11 01:10
What's the minimum altitude when the message appears? Please synchronize your flight records and PM me your DJI account, I'd like to look into it.

I would be happy to, however, I zeroed them all out after I logged them.  Being that I'm still very new to all this I was not planning to keep that data after I noted the flights, guess maybe I should.
I can tell you for sure that the minimum altitude was about 30 feet up.  There were no wind indications around either, no leaves blowing etc.
Sorry I can't provide the electronic logs.
2017-9-11
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-10 19:19

I'm using the P4P+ with integrated screen, I usually fly between 200-400 feet and I always get these warnings no matter the weather conditions.
2017-9-11
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

I got the high wind this weekend.  Current firmware... iOS device.... Altitude maxed at 61 meters with weather showing 7.7 kph.  Several High Wind errors.... (I knew there wasn't much wind at all...).  If we can alter the settings for this... I would love it.  It takes my eyes off the drone and I have to deal with the screen, and then re-acquire my drone... It can be tough sometimes.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 06:42
I would be happy to, however, I zeroed them all out after I logged them.  Being that I'm still very new to all this I was not planning to keep that data after I noted the flights, guess maybe I should.
I can tell you for sure that the minimum altitude was about 30 feet up.  There were no wind indications around either, no leaves blowing etc.
Sorry I can't provide the electronic logs.

Please backup all data when the message pops up in the next time, it will be helpful to check the exact status.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Floreto Posted at 2017-9-11 08:25
I'm using the P4P+ with integrated screen, I usually fly between 200-400 feet and I always get these warnings no matter the weather conditions.

Sorry for the confusion, it is the wind speed in the air, not ground.
2017-9-12
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 01:16
Please backup all data when the message pops up in the next time, it will be helpful to check the exact status.

Yes ma'am, will do
2017-9-12
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 01:19
Sorry for the confusion, it is the wind speed in the air, not ground.

DJI Susan what conditions cause the drone to think it's in a high wind speed situation, how fast does the wind have to be blowing for the warning to be triggered?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Floreto Posted at 2017-9-12 08:44
DJI Susan what conditions cause the drone to think it's in a high wind speed situation, how fast does the wind have to be blowing for the warning to be triggered?

For P4P, the reminder will pop up when the wind speed is more than 7m/s in the air.
2017-9-13
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

Susan what about the problems I'm having with the course lock, is that a known issue?
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-9-14 06:32
Susan what about the problems I'm having with the course lock, is that a known issue?

The course lock is not a known issue.  Can you provide more on this point on what you are experiencing?
2017-9-14
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-10 09:24

Have you verified that?  If show, show me where... I hate the high wind warnings.... SOOOO not relevant when I am sure it's not an issue!
2017-9-14
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-11 01:10

On a related topic... this is why I am so adamant about my flight logs.... I really get into keep track and I don't get them using the other Ground Station.  Yes, I know they are probably in the drone for download, but it's a pain... (sorry for my rant, or is it closer to a whine?)
2017-9-14
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-14 12:33
Have you verified that?  If show, show me where... I hate the high wind warnings.... SOOOO not relevant when I am sure it's not an issue!

Does "verified" require a NOAA officer to be present when I'm flying?  Or when you say "verified" is a local weather station report to my weather app qualify?

As a retired mariner, I made it a practice to ALWAYS check the weather before going out to sea.
LIKEWISE, if I'm going to fly my $2000 toy around in which weather might be a safety issue to the UAV itself, I check the weather first, most importantly wind and precipitation.

Once I know that the winds are varriable between 7-10kts from the local weather reporting station, then I have the weather information I need.  So if I'm in 5-10 kt winds and the "danger high winds" warning appears, thats when I scratch my head on if the DJI software is making its calculations properly.
2017-9-14
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Capt Whitefoot Posted at 2017-9-14 12:44
Does "verified" require a NOAA officer to be present when I'm flying?  Or when you say "verified" is a local weather station report to my weather app qualify?

As a retired mariner, I made it a practice to ALWAYS check the weather before going out to sea.

NO no no no.... (so sorry!)  I meant have you verified that you can change the settings in the app to determine when the warning will appear.... So sorry.... It's a setting that I haven't seen and am very interested in.

2017-9-14
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-14 12:50
NO no no no.... (so sorry!)  I meant have you verified that you can change the settings in the app to determine when the warning will appear.... So sorry.... It's a setting that I haven't seen and am very interested in.

I'll have to get back to you on that.  They're out testing my P4P right now .
2017-9-14
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-14 12:29
The course lock is not a known issue.  Can you provide more on this point on what you are experiencing?

Once I'm using course lock it stops responding and hitting the stop button does nothing.  The last time I used it I had to hit the return to home button because the controller wouldn't release the drone from course lock at all.  Other times I've had it refuse to go into course lock with no reason given, after several attempts it would allow it but this usually ended with the the app not responding properly or acting very sluggish.         
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

Floreto Posted at 2017-9-15 08:45
Once I'm using course lock it stops responding and hitting the stop button does nothing.  The last time I used it I had to hit the return to home button because the controller wouldn't release the drone from course lock at all.  Other times I've had it refuse to go into course lock with no reason given, after several attempts it would allow it but this usually ended with the the app not responding properly or acting very sluggish.

What type of mobile device are you using? Have you considered reinstall the App?
2017-9-15
Use props
Floreto
lvl.3
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-15 08:53
What type of mobile device are you using? Have you considered reinstall the App?

I have the p4P+, it has the integrated screen and yes I've done several resets for different problems I've had but this problem still exists even after that.
2017-9-20
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-14 12:50

It can be done, but you can not do it from the app, so not something you can just set while in the field.
Do some research about parameter modification, or as some mistakenly have called it, parameter hacking. Even there would be no issues i am sure it is not approved by DJI to change the Wind warning limit.
2017-9-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules