Gimbal problem
1412 10 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FlyingDonki
lvl.1
Flight distance : 76969 ft
Norway

After several minutes of flying, the gimbal begins to shake and bend to the right. Have tried to update and reset to factory settings, but it did not work. Problem is still there. Have the latest software installed. This seems to be a software issue.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bt5FYBXR65M
2017-9-10
Use props
Genghis9
First Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

Were you by chance operating from the parking lot seen near the end of this video?  If so, it seemed this problem started to subside as the UAV got closer to you.  That might mean some kind of interference or signal issues which could be SW/FW related or not.  Just an observation, but without details it is also just a guess.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

When did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash? How often does it happen? Please do a gimbal calibration, then reset the camera settings, see if it is the same.
2017-9-10
Use props
FlyingDonki
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-10 19:51
When did this issue start? Did anything happen before, like hard landing or crash? How often does it happen? Please do a gimbal calibration, then reset the camera settings, see if it is the same.

no crash or hard landings. It started for 2 updates ago.
Ok, going to try that again when it stops raining.
I can fly many times without it happening, then suddenly it happens for no reason.
Here it happened 4 minutes after takeoff
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

FlyingDonki Posted at 2017-9-11 05:14
no crash or hard landings. It started for 2 updates ago.
Ok, going to try that again when it stops raining.
I can fly many times without it happening, then suddenly it happens for no reason.

Ok, please keep us updated, if it happens again.
2017-9-11
Use props
FlyingDonki
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-11 22:47
Ok, please keep us updated, if it happens again.

I updated both the remote and the dronen with the latest software, reset camera. The result was worse. After a few minutes in the air, the drones stopped responding. then it flew beyond the sea without control and crashed into the sea whit 68 km/t. Dji phantom 4 has a software problem. The drone was only 11 months old, and have software problem almost all the time.
2017-10-19
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

FlyingDonki Posted at 2017-10-19 07:20
I updated both the remote and the dronen with the latest software, reset camera. The result was worse. After a few minutes in the air, the drones stopped responding. then it flew beyond the sea without control and crashed into the sea whit 68 km/t. Dji phantom 4 has a software problem. The drone was only 11 months old, and have software problem almost all the time.

Sorry for the crash, have you recovered the drone? If yes, please send the drone in for diagnosis. Besides,  please refer to the link to contact the DJI Support to start a case. http://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav
2017-10-20
Use props
FlyingDonki
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-20 00:01
Sorry for the crash, have you recovered the drone? If yes, please send the drone in for diagnosis. Besides,  please refer to the link to contact the DJI Support to start a case. http://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav

No, we were out in the boat to search for several hours, without results, it's too deep and too strong flows there. I looked at the link you sent, but what do I do now? Have I lost all the money now?
2017-10-20
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

FlyingDonki Posted at 2017-10-20 01:21
No, we were out in the boat to search for several hours, without results, it's too deep and too strong flows there. I looked at the link you sent, but what do I do now? Have I lost all the money now?

As I mentioned, contact the DJI support to start a case first. Now that you've looked at the link I sent, have you contacted them? There are 3 options in the link for you to contact them.
1.png
2017-10-20
Use props
FlyingDonki
lvl.1
Norway

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-10-20 01:33
As I mentioned, contact the DJI support to start a case first. Now that you've looked at the link I sent, have you contacted them? There are 3 options in the link for you to contact them.

I can ask gopro what they would do if they were in danger
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

FlyingDonki Posted at 2017-10-24 06:59
I can ask gopro what they would do if they were in danger

Had you contacted our support yet? Like DJI Diana said, please sync the flight records and contact our support to start a data analysis. We will help to analysis according to the data, if it is a malfunction, we will compensate your drone if it is under warranty according to After-Sales Policy.
2017-10-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules