Weak image signal...is it the device.
1368 7 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansecf13e27
lvl.1
United States

So i wanted to use an old nexus7 as a dedicated phantom 3 standard monitor as it is bigger than my iphone 6.  Seemed fine but p3 needed a firmware upgrade, i did that and was pleased only to find that i get 'weak image signal' warning and obviously the image quality as i so much as walk with it is terrible.(note i'm close to it).  Before i go any further with this experiment is there something from the nexus7 that would just cause interference?  like is this just a poor idea anyway?

Side note i'm buiding a home sunshade for either n7 or iphone6 big if any suggestions before i go to beach.

2017-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Some devices, just don't have the processing ability to run the power hungry Go app successfully. Getting an iPad would be a huge advantage for your drone piloting enjoyment.

Yes I know it's not the answer you were looking for, but it would solve your small screen dilemma. I bought an iPad Air2 Cellular for my dedicated device, and it's been stellar.

Wishing you better video rendering in the near future...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-10
Use props
Genghis9
Second Officer
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

The weak image signal is a warning from the app about the signal from your UAV to the RC.  It may or may not be related to the N7.  Have you tried using your iP6 to see if you get the same warnings?  If not, with iP6 then it may be the N7, however to test further power up the N7 and move it close to the RC using the iP6 and see if you start getting the warnings.  If you do then definitely the N7.  If not then something else is causing the interference, of course if you are still getting it with just the iP6 too then either that phone is causing it too or again some other source.  Normally these devices are shielded to avoid these types of problems, so if they are causing a problem something may be going bad in them.
Good Luck
2017-9-10
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

Is this a new device?  Or have you had this P3 for a while and noticed the change?  
Several things contribute to "weak signal" from software updates, weakening links from the antennas, populated areas with a lot of wifi and broadband currents.  
I myself am looking to purchase an antenna signal range booster Signal Range Booster due to my location.  Just some things to consider.
2017-9-10
Use props
repairman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

how old is your nexus 7 ? i have a n7 ? my n7 is 2yrs old,and the phantom p3p is also 2yrs old.ive had no problem so far .but am using 3.1.8 go app,dont know if i'll update the go app or not,you will probally need a sunshade at the beach. keep us informed on problem. good luck.
2017-9-10
Use props
fansecf13e27
lvl.1
United States

repairman Posted at 2017-9-10 09:40
how old is your nexus 7 ? i have a n7 ? my n7 is 2yrs old,and the phantom p3p is also 2yrs old.ive had no problem so far .but am using 3.1.8 go app,dont know if i'll update the go app or not,you will probally need a sunshade at the beach. keep us informed on problem. good luck.

So my N7 is quite old, previous to the firmware update to 1.9.20 I wasn't getting that message.  Charging the iphone6 now to test, but this is what i used previously so i don't anticipate issue.

I will trash the project if the N7 is the culprit, as it was i filed down the sides to get it to fit in the cradle.
2017-9-10
Use props
fansecf13e27
lvl.1
United States

update, the N7 just must be too old and not have the cpu power to handle the vid.  even outside where it didn't give errors anymore the quality was terrible, long delays in drawing the image from above.  I'll have to go with the iphone6 with smaller screen.  

I don't see anyone anywhere with a small tablet that fits the standard mount, does EVERYONE buy that one extended mount from amazone for like $12 ?
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

fansecf13e27 Posted at 2017-9-10 12:59
update, the N7 just must be too old and not have the cpu power to handle the vid.  even outside where it didn't give errors anymore the quality was terrible, long delays in drawing the image from above.  I'll have to go with the iphone6 with smaller screen.  

I don't see anyone anywhere with a small tablet that fits the standard mount, does EVERYONE buy that one extended mount from amazone for like $12 ?

I would recommend you enable the Airplane mode of your phone when you try to fly the drone with it.
2017-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules