RC will connect once, but then lose connection
988 6 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rebmys
New

United States

Hi folks,  I have a new problem with my Phantom 2 that showed up, I believe, after I upgraded firmware.  I can get the RC to connect after power on, very briefly, then it loses connection and the yellow lights flash quickly.  If I power down, pull out the battery, and then try again, I sometime can get the RC to connect, but it will always be briefly..  I have the latest firmware for my RC.   I have also gone through the RC pairing prodecure many times.  Any ideas what might make it connect, then not?  Thanks for any tips you can provide!
2017-9-10
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I'm kinda confused.  DJI stopped issuing firmware upgrades nearly three years ago.  You're saying you just now got around to upgrading your firmware - and you did it for no particular reason?   

http://www.dji.com/phantom-2/info#downloads
2017-9-10
Use props
rebmys
New

United States

Mark The Droner Posted at 2017-9-10 11:12
I'm kinda confused.  DJI stopped issuing firmware upgrades nearly three years ago.  You're saying you just now got around to upgrading your firmware - and you did it for no particular reason?   

http://www.dji.com/phantom-2/info#downloads

Mark Yes.  That's right.  I don't use the drone much.  Gift from my sister a few years ago.  Worked great at first.   Is my answer to your question helpful to get further info to fix my problem, or you just pointing this out for the fun of it.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Do you refer the Phantom 2, Phantom 2V or Phantom 2V+? Is the pairing successful or not? Please double confirm.
2017-9-10
Use props
rebmys
New

United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-10 18:53
Do you refer the Phantom 2, Phantom 2V or Phantom 2V+? Is the pairing successful or not? Please double confirm.

It is just the Phantom 2.   The pairing procedure works sometimes.  From what I can tell, it seems that's not the problem.  The RC will re-connect to the Phantom 2 after I pull the battery and wait a bit, and then try again.  But will only be connected for about 1 minute.
2017-9-11
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

What was the version of the firmware and where did you get it?  
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

rebmys Posted at 2017-9-11 02:16
It is just the Phantom 2.   The pairing procedure works sometimes.  From what I can tell, it seems that's not the problem.  The RC will re-connect to the Phantom 2 after I pull the battery and wait a bit, and then try again.  But will only be connected for about 1 minute.

Is the firmware update successful? How about changing to another location without interference? Does the issue appear in one certain battery or all batteries?
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules