Micro usb - micro USB cable: what to choose?
2996 10 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Timoune
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31089 ft
Finland

Hi,
I am one of the numerous spark users with the issues of lost of signals with the RC.
We know that there is the possibility to have a OTG adapter / micro usb - micro usb cable to link the phone straight away with the RC without the wifi.

We hear a lot of dicussions about it but no real examples of what cables (micro ubs - micro usb as for the mavic) to take depending of apple or android.

I would like to know what is the best one for Android (Sony Xperia). Is the one from the Mavic could work?
I am sure other users from appele would like the same answer.

Thank you!
2017-9-10
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
Second Officer
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

This one works for me.

Rantow Nylon Braided Video Date Cables for DJI Mavic Pro Drone Remote Controller(20.7cm Micro-USB to Micro-USB)
by Rantow
4.2 out of 5 stars    6 customer reviews  
Price:        £6.95 FREE UK delivery.
In stock.
2017-9-10
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

But they say not to use it with the spark
2017-9-10
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

Thank you! With android?
2017-9-10
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Works fine with android. They list the iphone version with lightening plug.
2017-9-10
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Also note that the rc uses a micro usb type a which is of rectangular design. Although the dji charger 'fits' it, it strictly speaking really the wrong plug.
The cable above is correctly manufactured and must be used the correct way round.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is not recommended to use the OTG cable since it hasn't been fully tested. Besides, could you please provide more details about the signal issue of your drone?
2017-9-10
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

Thank you fans9ea9c44f for your comments. I did not know that the the plug on the RC was a different design than a normal mini-USB.
I will think twice to check if I buy or not.

DJI Diana, I have lot of issues to fly at more than 60 - 100 m away. I lose the signal very easily and I would really try to find a solution at this issue.

Thank you for your help,

Florent
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Timoune Posted at 2017-9-10 22:16
Thank you fans9ea9c44f for your comments. I did not know that the the plug on the RC was a different design than a normal mini-USB.
I will think twice to check if I buy or not.

I would recommend you to change to another location without interference and adjust the antenna to see if it works.

2017-9-11
Use props
Timoune
lvl.2
Finland

Thanks Susan,

I will try. That´s the next try I will do when the rain and the wind will stop ;)

Florent
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI-Mark
Second Officer

United States

You can get these cables through the online store. Look in the accessories section.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules