Dji Care Refresh, Drone Crash. Please Help!
10449 19 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MoradiStudios
New
Flight distance : 34682 ft
Canada

Hi All,

I have done alot of lurking on this site and youtube for quite sometime before I had bought the Mavic. I spent alot of time looking at the DJI carerefresh product as well.

Turns out I have crashed after 15-20 flights. The refresh isnt covering however the cost of the repairs? Costs are almost half a new drone without remote.

I have done tons of research on the net and so many other people have had their cost covered after crashing into a tree. I have several youtube links I will post shortly, also the MOD KEN (DJI KEN)post about how " Yes, its a an incredible deal. Accidentally smash your mavic into a tree and get up to 2 replacemenmts for just over $300. Youre own official MOD with flight distnace of 444,792. That is very inconsistent and misleading at the very least.

Peace of mind is something we had in mind when buying this extra product. I literally bought the fly more package and the ogggles all in the same order. I I spent over$2700 with you guys. Why can't I get a break?

Quite frustrated

CAS-927130-J6Y4G7

2017-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Your 100% totally wrong, you can literally throw your Mavic into the wall and they will replace under care refresh, something wrong here, are you sure you used care refresh.
2017-9-10
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

The refresh isnt covering however the cost of the repairs?

So DJI has refused to provide a replacement under Care Refresh? What was the reason given for not covering it? I've only ever seen them refuse a replacement if the scenario involved something specifically excluded from the terms of Care Refresh, such as not recovering the aircraft or a crash caused by a third-party accessory.

Are you sure that you opened this as a Care Refresh case or did DJI perhaps think that you were asking for a non-Refresh repair? Most posts like turn out to be a misunderstanding where the OP thought DJI was refusing to cover it under Care Refresh when in reality DJI was offering them the option of a standard repair.
2017-9-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I just looked at your case, it doesn't say anything about care refresh, you might need to let them know you want to use your care refresh.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sorry for this, I have forwarded your case to the designated department, who is going to take care of this for you right now. Appreciate your patience.
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Firstly we are sorry for the crash accident, it was user stick command error caused the accident, so the repair will not be covered.
The quotation that has been sent to you is the whole cost of repair, Thor has reported your request of DJI Care Refresh to local repair team to update the quotation.
We are sorry for the misunderstanding and appreciate your patience.
2017-9-10
Use props
MoradiStudios
New
Canada

You guys are awesome. I will await updates on email aswell. Jeez that was quick!
2017-9-10
Use props
MoradiStudios
New
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-10 18:16
Firstly we are sorry for the crash accident, it was user stick command error caused the accident, so the repair will not be covered.
The quotation that has been sent to you is the whole cost of repair, Thor has reported your request of DJI Care Refresh to local repair team to update the quotation.

Thx To you both aswell
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

You are welcome, please wait patiently for the update, thank you.
2017-9-10
Use props
fans580c9bff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 838209 ft
United Kingdom

Hi can I purchase DJI care even though I've used it a couple of times before. I have crashed it and didn't take out the care
2018-3-15
Use props
fans580c9bff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 838209 ft
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-10 18:16

Hi I need help. Can I purchase dji care after I've used my Mavic more than once, I have recently bought it and flew it a couple of times then crashed it. Can I purchase the care and use it even though I have crashed it. Still works but camera gimbal not at correct level
2018-3-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans580c9bff Posted at 2018-3-15 10:37
Hi I need help. Can I purchase dji care after I've used my Mavic more than once, I have recently bought it and flew it a couple of times then crashed it. Can I purchase the care and use it even though I have crashed it. Still works but camera gimbal not at correct level

Sorry for the crash accident, I'm afraid not, the DJI Care Refresh can only be purchased before the drone is activated or within 48 hours after activation, If it has been over 48 hours, we will need the video from customer to verify the drone is still in perfect condition, for your case, the video cannot be taken, please fill in online repair form here to start a ticket and send in the drone for repair service.
2018-3-15
Use props
fansc850a0ab
lvl.1
Flight distance : 844531 ft
Philippines

Hi, I'm really disappointed by the Dji service and now i know the Dji Care is absolutely not useful. Don't buy it!
I'm cruise director and i use my mavic pro for many drone demonstration onboard my cruise ships. Every week my guests discover it, ask thousands of questions and finally a lot buy the same drone after. I never asked anything to Dji because i was happy of my drone so it's normal to do advisory for a product we like. I do the same on my instagram page with some thousands of followers, it's normal.
I bought my mavic pro on the official Dji website, not on "chinese market" like many people and i always defend on web to buy on the official website and not on gearbest or some website like this. I bought full price and i bought the Dji Care too.
No problem during 10 months (just one little crash because of me but not important and i decided to repair the damages in the official shop in my city and so i paid all by myself because it was long procedure for Dji Care and not useful for just 100 euros of repair cost).
But on my last flight, my mavic pro was just 120 meters from me and 70 meters hight, i saw it, no problem and no possible object to hurt around. And at a moment, just 5 minutes after take off, black screen and writen "no connexion". I was on a fisherman boat so i asked to move more close to the drone position and i waited to have new connection but never had. After that i tried to disconnect many times the remote to restart connection if the drone was somewhere around but nothing new. I tried to take off again, not work too. I was surprised to not have any signal, nothing. The drone was many meters above rocks when the signal was lost, not under water. I searched the drone at the GPS position but never found, searched myself and with divers i paid to search with me in the low level water maybe, nothing. It was not deep at this place, we searched all around even on rocks but nothing.
I saw Dji did sometime some efforts for people even if the don't have the Dji Care or if they don't find the drone body. I had the Dji Care but impossible to find the body. So i asked to Dji to do an effort, especially because i paid by myself the repairs just one week before this drone lost (with bill from their official shop). Dji refuse, no body no remplacement even with Dji Care. I know it's the rules by guys, do you think we don't speak together. We are a big community of drone users and we know it depend of each person you are. Nobody explained to me why my connection was lost, just they said "we think you crashed". But i know what happen when we crash and it was not this especially because it was nobody to hurt around. I was 70 meters hight and nothing around.
So finally, with my mavic pro lost i understood one thing : don't buy the Dji Care because you pay the cost of this "insurance", you pay the cost of a new drone, ok, but more important this "insurance" is made by the same company who built your drone. So it's the same company who create your drone and decide if they did mistake or no and if they will be kind with you or not. This is not serious guys!
So finally, shame for Dji, to be the leader don't means to be unfair.
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc850a0ab Posted at 2018-5-14 00:21
Hi, I'm really disappointed by the Dji service and now i know the Dji Care is absolutely not useful. Don't buy it!
I'm cruise director and i use my mavic pro for many drone demonstration onboard my cruise ships. Every week my guests discover it, ask thousands of questions and finally a lot buy the same drone after. I never asked anything to Dji because i was happy of my drone so it's normal to do advisory for a product we like. I do the same on my instagram page with some thousands of followers, it's normal.
I bought my mavic pro on the official Dji website, not on "chinese market" like many people and i always defend on web to buy on the official website and not on gearbest or some website like this. I bought full price and i bought the Dji Care too.

We are so sorry for your loss, unfortunately, DJI care Refresh will not cover any loss or partial loss ff the aircraft, gimbal, and accessories. We have made it clear in the policy.
Could you please post the case number here so that we could check more details of the data analysis and do our best to help? Thank you.
2018-5-14
Use props
fansc850a0ab
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-14 00:59
We are so sorry for your loss, unfortunately, DJI care Refresh will not cover any loss or partial loss ff the aircraft, gimbal, and accessories. We have made it clear in the policy.
Could you please post the case number here so that we could check more details of the data analysis and do our best to help? Thank you.

Thanks for your answer. I know it but some of my friends had extra help and remplacement even WITHOUT Dji Care. I didn't needed to remplace my drone, i was happy and proud of it. It's why i paid by myself the repair cost one week before to lost it. Because i thought it was not necessary to use the Dji care for just some euros of fees. I don't say the Dji drone are bad, i was a big defender of your products before and i didn't won anything for that. I don't change my mind on the product even if i don't know what happened on my drone this day. But the Dji Care is finally not a good thing.
Anyway, thanks to your answer, this time really more fast than usually by email
Case CAS-1716037-H2X8R0
2018-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc850a0ab Posted at 2018-5-14 01:21
Thanks for your answer. I know it but some of my friends had extra help and remplacement even WITHOUT Dji Care. I didn't needed to remplace my drone, i was happy and proud of it. It's why i paid by myself the repair cost one week before to lost it. Because i thought it was not necessary to use the Dji care for just some euros of fees. I don't say the Dji drone are bad, i was a big defender of your products before and i didn't won anything for that. I don't change my mind on the product even if i don't know what happened on my drone this day. But the Dji Care is finally not a good thing.
Anyway, thanks to your answer, this time really more fast than usually by email
Case CAS-1716037-H2X8R0

Thanks for the case number, warranty service can only be provided if the drone was not crashed by pilot error according to the data analysis, but for your case, the drone was lost because of the pilot error. Sorry that the free replacement cannot be provided and our team has provided the discount for another drone. Hope you can consider it.
【Flight Record 21/04/2018 13:25:46 +8GMT】
1.  The aircraft worked in GPS mode in the flight.
2. Pilot pushed pitch stick backward,the aircraft flew backward,and crashed at t=01:59,h=70 m,d=102 m. GTScreenshot_20180515_131829.png
2018-5-14
Use props
fansc850a0ab
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-14 21:22
Thanks for the case number, warranty service can only be provided if the drone was not crashed by pilot error according to the data analysis, but for your case, the drone was lost because of the pilot error. Sorry that the free replacement cannot be provided and our team has provided the discount for another drone. Hope you can consider it.
【Flight Record 21/04/2018 13:25:46 +8GMT】
1.  The aircraft worked in GPS mode in the flight.

Don't worry i know your speech and bye bye Dji. I bought already an other drone more expensive from an other brand and i repeat it DON'T BUY THE DJI CARE. Always easy to say it's pilot error and no remplace it. When you see your drone shut down from the sky, with nothing around, how do you want to crash it? The only thing possible is a bird but from where i was i didn't see any bird but maybe.
But for everybody, don't buy the dji care and if you have occasion like i had to remplace your drone for "free" (with the remplacement cost) like i had, don't pay by yourself the repairs like i did because if you do a gift to Dji, they will never make one for you, that's sure!
2018-5-15
Use props
fansc850a0ab
lvl.1
Philippines

fansc850a0ab Posted at 2018-5-15 00:37
Don't worry i know your speech and bye bye Dji. I bought already an other drone more expensive from an other brand and i repeat it DON'T BUY THE DJI CARE. Always easy to say it's pilot error and no remplace it. When you see your drone shut down from the sky, with nothing around, how do you want to crash it? The only thing possible is a bird but from where i was i didn't see any bird but maybe.
But for everybody, don't buy the dji care and if you have occasion like i had to remplace your drone for "free" (with the remplacement cost) like i had, don't pay by yourself the repairs like i did because if you do a gift to Dji, they will never make one for you, that's sure!

By the way, don't speak about your "15% discount" on a new drone without charger and remote. Because your prices are already more expensive than all the discounts we can find if we buy on chinese market. So for the same product, what is the interest to buy on Dji official? Before i said to everybody to buy only on Dji and finally now i know they was right. We can economise 300 euros when we buy on chinese market, why to accept a 15% discount on the official price. Pffff
2018-5-15
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fansc850a0ab Posted at 2018-5-15 00:48
By the way, don't speak about your "15% discount" on a new drone without charger and remote. Because your prices are already more expensive than all the discounts we can find if we buy on chinese market. So for the same product, what is the interest to buy on Dji official? Before i said to everybody to buy only on Dji and finally now i know they was right. We can economise 300 euros when we buy on chinese market, why to accept a 15% discount on the official price. Pffff

The data analysis is based on the flight records, we are sorry that the warranty cannot be provided and the DJI Care Refresh will not cover any loss. Hope we can support you next time.
2018-5-15
Use props
fansc850a0ab
lvl.1
Philippines

DJI Mindy Posted at 2018-5-15 02:58
The data analysis is based on the flight records, we are sorry that the warranty cannot be provided and the DJI Care Refresh will not cover any loss. Hope we can support you next time.

Next time, i hope you will understand a cruise director speak to 2000 passengers every week and use everyday a lot of video devices and promote it. Before every week i said the best about Dji, now i say i was wrong every day. Other serious brands understand it. When i see the gifts Dji do for "youtubers" with sometime only 5000 views on their videos! Let me laughs!
I wanted to buy the Osmo pro but finally i have 15% discount on a mavic pro nude because your drone disconnect it in half second in the sky and you prefer to say it crash??? Shame on you. Read the opinions about Dji service on internet and you will see the reality. To be leader today in world market is not a reason to be unfair!
2018-5-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules