Bob Marley's New Bird w/ 1st TORNADO AFTERMATH Video !!!
22418 298 2015-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

MORE POWER SUPPLY RESEACH TOMORROW B4 I MAKE A "FINAL" DECISION -

(do you know what's funnier than chit, I posted a page or two back ....... "I made my maiden flight!" .....
not one flippin' comment, not one?)
2015-4-7
Use props
info.amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

Bob, regarding your problem not having liveview: I had a similar problem. It seems you have to "register" every single tablet/phone or better said the app on it with DJI. There is no button for it, the app will ask you automatically. I had to restart my Nexus7 and the app 2 times before I was asked. After that I suddenly had liveview. I'm in no way an expert, especially not on Android devices, I just read that somewhere in the net and it worked for me too. I hope that helps.
2015-4-7
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Thank you very much ^^^ I appreciate any kind of response to this issue -
I know I setup an account with DJI in the beginning, was never prompted to do anything else,
(and assumed that I missed a switch/setting) -

I did not have time to mess with it today and the weather was nasty - AND, I was hoping to get some replies here b4 I started messing around. (mostly haters on the thread today, not too many helpers) -
2015-4-7
Use props
info.amriphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Austria

You are most welcome, I hope it solves your issue.
Since you just have set up your bird recently and seem to be very experienced - maybe you are able to help me with a problem I´m experiencing regarding master-slave, don´t want to hijack your thread though, or waste your time: http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=11539
Looking forward to your continued experience with the Inspire 1. You said you have a blog somewhere if I remember right - do you have a link?
2015-4-7
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Edited for content.

You're a sad, sorry little man Bob.
I pity you and hope that one day you find the help you seem to require.

You don't need to teach me anything - I have worked in the electronics / systems industry for many years.

2015-4-7
Use props
w1der
lvl.4

Sweden

Bob ... You said something 'bout a blog !?

I'm getting tired of all the "drama" here ...
As long as people are guessing, making faulty conclusions and reffering to the manual ... I don' t wanna to listen to their opinion!

You are explaining this in a way that is extremely easy to understand ... And you have done it over and over again in this thread ...
It is hard for me to grasp why some just plainly refuses to understand

I am surprised that no one has brought up UL, CE and EMC as reasons to why you only should use the AC/DC supplied from DJI ...
Cause this should be a valid reason not to fuck with the setup ... Allthough ... If you notice interfearence on you wi fi at home while charging due to EMI ... Just move the stuff away from the "sensitive" equipments in your home ...
2015-4-7
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

w1der Posted at 2015-4-8 14:56
Bob ... You said something 'bout a blog !?

I'm getting tired of all the "drama" here ...

You know what, you are ABSOLUTELY right.
I was going to make one at rcg, (but like an idiot, decided to come back here instead).
I will start a blog tomorrow and transfer all my info with me. Anyone here will be welcome to come and participate, and if any of the jaginthebags show up, I'll kick em' in the nut sack before I delete them! -

Tomorrow will indeed be a new day !!!

Bob "I've had enough" Marley

damn, and I just got a reminder that I'm eligible for "Senior Membership" here - lol
2015-4-7
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-8 15:33
You know what, you are ABSOLUTELY right.
I was going to make one at rcg, (but like an idiot, decid ...

Thanks Bob please make sure you post the link in here
2015-4-7
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Ok Bob, i will rest my case here.

Now i see you even go this far to change your avator to make your point.
But again you are totally correct. The breaker could trip (mine did in the 6pack).
It sometimes trips, but only on the first time that i power up the supplies.
Again we see the proof that the stock 100watt power supply is not enough for the TB47/48.

This forum need people like you Bob. People who know what they talk about.
And you fit that description perfectly.
Just cool down a little bit, the way you sometimes reply can be really nasty for some members.
Others should cool down too !!
I would feel sorry to see you go from this forum because of this.  

And to finish my preach :
You will see in other posts that i sometimes like to make jokes.
Sorry, but i can't resist that. That's me. I'm like that.

So now that is saw your new avator, a joke came up to me again.
If Bob had a breaker, it would trip too.
Please agree for once now, its a good joke no ?

You won't hear from me here in your thread nomore, until you post your end findings.
And as i already said. I'm only intrested in how much faster you can charge the TB47/48.
Thats the only point i don't agree in with you.

2015-4-8
Use props
TuonoV4
lvl.2

South Africa

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-4 05:59
^^^ This is an example of all the useless clutter that gets posted and makes it so hard to find us ...

Bob, you are making 100% clear and uncluttered sense. Thank you.

For all the numbnuts out there who don't get it (it's quite simple really), please move on because you'll probably never get it anyway
2015-4-8
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

Dave E Posted at 2015-4-4 17:46
Ok I do not want to eff Bobs thread up but the idea of a forum is to share information and opinions. ...

As I understand the charger and intelligence (processor) is in each battery itself so that will feed the battery proper as it should be and that is not depending on the amps of the power supply. As Bob told you it takes what it needs.
So Bob is right.   
2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-8 18:20

So now that is saw your new avator, a joke came up to me again.
If Bob had a breaker, it would trip too.
Please agree for once now, its a good joke no ? ...

Yes Dundee, that was a good one -

Bob "funny bone" Marley
2015-4-8
Use props
dm.booth.hotmai
Second Officer
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Interesting video, the Inspire 1 battery opened up, 6 Cells exposed - if I only knew what he was saying in English :-)

2015-4-8
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-7 02:43
OMG - DOESN'T ANYONE ON THIS SITE READ THE FLIPPING MANUAL!

FIRST SENTANCE PAGE 60  MAX CHARGE 180W ...

Thanks Bob!  hard to even come back to see all this warped bs. I learned more from your posts than any of the other posts on this thread.
2015-4-8
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-8 15:25
LOL - another noob crashing a 4k bird   (but yet has negative flaming comments about others try ...

Oh dude ,ha ha ha ha right on mate ! Perfectly correctomundo el newbie el crasho !
2015-4-8
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-8 11:53
Gaz, that was the best post of the entire thread, (well, almost).
You are right, some of this is t ...

Bob
I'm flattered (well almost).

Hats off to Dundeee too..... no matter what is said he keeps his cool and is still able to pay you a compliment. No doubt the typical Aussie laid back charm and a cool tinny with a wry smile.

Gaz
2015-4-8
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-7 04:57
I'm only back because of all the good flyers on this site that appreciate my time, and have posted ...

It would just be nice if you could impart your immense wealth of first year electronics knowledge without being such a 6 year old about it. You shouldn't have to prove you're right to anyone, doing so makes you look like a punk. In the army we called guys like you punching bags.
2015-4-8
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-4-9 06:37
It would just be nice if you could impart your immense wealth of first year electronics knowledge  ...

Dangair, honestly I am having a hard time understanding why you keep coming back to this thread... 2 wrongs do not make a right. You are acting pretty childish about this... let it go
2015-4-8
Use props
GazFromBrum
lvl.4
Flight distance : 38606 ft
United Kingdom

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-9 06:49
Dangair, honestly I am having a hard time understanding why you keep coming back to this thread... ...

If you read the threads Dangair has started himself ..... you'll see why he comes back here...... much like his other unimaginative boring stupid posts they make crap reading.
2015-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-8 12:22
You got it brother !!!

Where are you going? Bringing the I1?

I am going to AZ for a business trip and unfortunately, I cannot bring my Inspire.... But I sure would like too!! I will end up in LA for some family stuff and this would have been great area to unleash the I1, but I hear the beaches are out.. they have a ban on drone flying.

Keep us posted on your progress, I will check in when I can and when there is internet available. (yeah the boonies) Power generation area very restricted..
2015-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

dm.booth.hotmai Posted at 2015-4-8 22:41
Interesting video, the Inspire 1 battery opened up, 6 Cells exposed - if I only knew what he was say ...

Yes, I believe Dundee posted this one as well, I appears to be very nice quality!

2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

RichJ53 Posted at 2015-4-9 08:01
Yes, I believe Dundee posted this one as well, I appears to be very nice quality!

Rich, I love you Bro, but we can only assume they are of nice quality, as there is no visual evidence from the video of anything factual, (I've tried).

When I seen this video over a month ago, I paused it several times, and wrote down all the numbers on the cells from different angles til I got all of them. Googled my face off but couldn't come up with anything about the origin of the cells.
I would totally agree with you that they are nice cells, from an educated guess, (I have no facts) I would bet that their rated discharge is 20c constant 30c burst, and "charge" easily rated at 2c.

You know what I'm gonna do?
I'm gonna anchor the I1 to the ground, get a watt meter between the battery and the board, and see how many watts the bird can grab from the tb47 and tb48. (I have LOTS of videos like that, wanna smack guys when they say 40a will melt the wire, what joke, lol, I got video proving otherwise) -

Bob
2015-4-8
Use props
kstrysick
New

Costa Rica

Exactly what you said.
2015-4-8
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 09:42
Rich, I love you Bro, but we can only assume they are of nice quality, as there is no visual evide ...

Hey Bob,
It is funny, I checked the cells also, they appear to be OEM batteries with preparatory markings. You are right, without knowing the amp draw we can only guess what rating they are. The packaging looks similar to the Walkera brand, although I hope not.  The electronics looks top notch to me and the way the battery is put together is impressive.  

20*C rating would most likely be the right call, but I was hoping for 35*C quality.

Can't wait to see your results.... be careful while you have it tethered down, get some help.
Rich
2015-4-8
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Fart666 Posted at 2015-4-8 14:27
You're a sad, sorry little man Bob.
You don't need to teach me anything - I stayed at a Holiday In Express last night
I've not had any RC experience before, but for the past few months have practiced skills with a little Syma X5c.
All went very well with I1 for two batteries, but wouldn't you know it though on the last flight one of those damned magnetic trees leaped right out into my flight path!
Crash, shatter, thump- followed by 'oh sh#%*' and I run over to the scene of the carnage ...

You make me laugh myself silly - lol

Bob "Oh My" Marley
2015-4-8
Use props
Dave E
lvl.4
Flight distance : 729560 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

enkhome Posted at 2015-4-8 20:18
As I understand the charger and intelligence (processor) is in each battery itself so that will fe ...

If that is the case what will anyone gain by having a bigger power supply other than it running cooler???
2015-4-8
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 12:25
You make me laugh myself silly - lol

I feel very flattered that you have taken the time to search out my past posts to the forum, edit them into fake nonsense and post them back to show everyone how clever you are. Well done Bob!!!

Have you threatened or insulted anyone else lately?

My level of experience in flying has no relevance to your offensive bullying on these forums.
I wasn't the one telling people they should have been 'euthanized at birth'.
I stand by my earlier comments - you are a Bully and while you may have some valid content to contribute, your treatment of others in this space is offensive.

2015-4-9
Use props
mattd
lvl.3

Australia

I think this is what bob is trying to achieve

http://eastbay-rc.blogspot.com.a ... attery-charger.html

2015-4-9
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-8 12:57
MORE POWER SUPPLY RESEACH TOMORROW B4 I MAKE A "FINAL" DECISION -

That's because no one really gives a chit that you made your maiden flight Bob.
2015-4-9
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Great post Bob. Thanks.
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Dave E Posted at 2015-4-9 15:41
If that is the case what will anyone gain by having a bigger power supply other than it running co ...

Shorter Charge Times - (you should really take up knitting, less complicated) -

Bob "I don't get it" Marley
2015-4-9
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

dm.booth.hotmai Posted at 2015-4-8 22:41
Interesting video, the Inspire 1 battery opened up, 6 Cells exposed - if I only knew what he was say ...

To tell a long German story short, he want to point out, but without saying it, that it would be possible to change the cells, so you don't have to change the whole battery.
2015-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 21:29
Neither do your posts on THIS thread.
You are here specifically to get a reaction out of me, and  ...

No mate, I'm trying to point out that your manner of communicating and habit of attacking others with slurs is both inappropriate and offensive.

You actually put in a lot of good work, documented it as you went and tried to get something useful out to the community. I applaud that kind of kind spirited commitment.

What I object to is your bullying and belittling people along the way. When I called you out on that behaviour, you just turned to attack me personally. That's fine, attack me all you want matey but it doesn't change a thing.

I'll indeed go away if you publicly apologise to every member in this thread (by name) that you have belittled, name called or put down. Do that and show us that you have the maturity, courage and backbone to make good on your previously poor choices of behaviour.
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-4-9 21:32
he want to point out, but without saying it, that it would be possible to change the cells, so you don't have to change the whole battery ...

Yes, that is also what I got out of the video -

Bob
2015-4-9
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Thanx for the input Bob.Keep it coming.
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
lvl.4

United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-4-9 21:54
Thanx for the input Bob.Keep it coming.

Welcome to the dark side Mike, where we only post Facts, with Pics to back them up, (how shocking, I know) -

Bob
2015-4-9
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Hahahaha!!!
2015-4-9
Use props
pops52
lvl.2

United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 21:17
If that were true you wouldn't be here, AND, I made you pull out your keyboard and reply  ...

Actually I'm here to learn, and am trying my best to filter your bullchit and keep what is worthwhile. You didn't make me do anything.
2015-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Second Officer
Australia

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-10 00:15
Then in that case you can eat chit pal -
You're just another one of them pricks who come onto the ...

excellent work Bob, Pops is another person you can add to the list of people you've bullied.
Be aware that every post you make that displays this negative behaviour is being reported to the forum admins.

It looks like it will take a while, but you will eventually grow up and take responsibility for your behaviour. The opportunity is with you to 'Man up' and do the right thing.
2015-4-9
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Wow...Ive eventually managed to read through the whole post again. I am flabbergasted on how stupid people can be. This DJI forum is about sharing information, experiences and knowledge. Lets all cut each other some slack please. If you are just here to flame please start your own topic and willie wave at each other somewhere else .

Charging these packs up is a pain at the moment. I'm looking to keep my current POWER SUPPLY as a portable unit but looking for an efficient bench set up. So I'm following this post for what its intended and watching Bobs's progress on both the PWR SUPPLY and his experiences with the Inspire 1.
Guys, if anyone is offended or not interested please use your right to go elsewhere.

In the meantime can someone point me in the direction to get some suitable leads? I cant face wading past the I woz in the army crap all again

P.S Charging a TB47 up with a room temp of 21.6 Deg C. Battery pack is currently 23 Deg C and charger is reading a temp of 56 Deg C

PSS Temps now at 22 , 25 and 58 Deg C
2015-4-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules