Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Bob Marley's New Bird w/ 1st TORNADO AFTERMATH Video !!!
21610 298 2015-4-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

Edited for content.
And now for the "real" apology, to all my fellow flyers out there trying to follow this thread and being forced to wade through all the intentional bs posted by the jaginthebags. It is a true shame that DGI will have it's first Billion in sales this year, but didn't have the forethought to HIRE some moderators for this website, and NO, Ed and Ken are NOT paid moderators, nor would they have the time it takes to deal with all this bullshit. (just follow them around the web to see how stretched they already are being DJI problem solvers and mediators between disgruntled customers and DJI service, (or lack of).

I will take care of this myself by starting a blog for all the cool cats that are truly interested in learning more about the hobby and specifically, the I1.  It's a lot of work, but (like when I volunteer my time as  instructor at Hobby Town once a month), it gives me pleasure to help others.

I sure hope I didn't hurt anyone's feelings -

Bob "I can Take It" Marley

2015-4-9
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Bob you certainly have talent. Your opening salvo was naughty but funny,  I nearly fell off my chair
Your blog sounds like a great idea. Now where do I find these flipping charging leads?
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

fredroger Posted at 2015-4-10 02:05
Bob does not act like a 51-year-old.  His responses indicate he has some form of mental/social inca ...

Hey look everyone, rodger is back, and with a shiney new username.
Just registered 9 minutes ago, immediately found MY thread, then flamed me with his first ever post on DJI Forums.
That's an incredible coinky dink Yes?
Ur such a cute little jaginthebag rodger, we missed you guy!

Bob "rodger" Marley

if only his boss knew what he was doing during work hours, that rascal rodger -

I bet against all of rodger's "responsible" savings that they share the same IP address -
2015-4-9
Use props
pops52
lvl.3

United States

Bob, perhaps I was a tad harsh on the post about your MAIDEN flight.

Bravo and kudos for making it your first. Perhaps next week you will find romance too for the first time without only yourself being involved.  
2015-4-9
Use props
fredroger
New

United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-10 02:20
Hey look everyone, rodger is back, and with a shiney new username.
Just registered 9 minutes ago,  ...

You are something else.  Why don't you go find your "first client" and then let us know how pissed off you are when he tries to give you constructive criticism about your work.  BTW, did you find the laptop you were looking for or do you have to get another loan to purchase it?  Stop "volunteering" at the local hobby shop and get a job.

Fred "Owns Bob" Roger
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

pops52 Posted at 2015-4-10 02:40
Perhaps next week you will find romance for the first time without only you being involved.    ...

Thanks pops, I appreciate your sincerity, (are you asking me on a date?)

Bob Marley
2015-4-9
Use props
bostonlines
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1045558 ft
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-7 09:42
Went to take her out tonight for the first time.
It was dark, cloudy, windy, and cold. I flew her  ...

Since you live in Chicago like me, the weather should be nice tomorrow.  I'm using up all 6 of my batteries when I take her out during sunrise.  Might take her on Lake Shore again.
2015-4-9
Use props
Marktho1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I only allow myself 3 OMG's a year and I try to save them up for something good.... omg...OMG... I can't believe how far certain trolls will go. OMG! get a life and focus on that and stop mucking up threads with preaching! None of us want to hear it! Well now I over spent my OMG's
GET OVER IT AND MOVE ON!
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

bostonlines@gma Posted at 2015-4-10 02:47
Since you live in Chicago like me, the weather should be nice tomorrow.  I'm using up all 6 of my  ...

Let's put the past in the past boston, we could have great fun together and certainly help each other out!
I am sure in "real life" we would get along great !!!

We can find some great locations, help each other controlling camera, both leave with killer footage
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

Marktho1 Posted at 2015-4-10 02:49
I only allow myself 3 OMG's a year and I try to save them up for something good.... omg...OMG... I c ...

Thx Mark -

I HAVE JUST OPENED A NEW BLOG ON GO DADDY

I HAVE COPY/PASTED MY ORIGINAL POST, AND WE WILL START FRESH WITH ZERO BS
(I will immediately delete, not respond)

Feel free to ask any question, copy/paste any info from this thread, whatever, lets see this thing thru and have fun doing it !!!

If you would like to participate on my blog, please post here saying so and I will PM you the link -

Bob "fresh start for all" Marley

jaginthebags need NOT apply
2015-4-9
Use props
Marktho1
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

lets do it. sign me up
2015-4-9
Use props
dundee
Captain
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-10 01:03
Wow...Ive eventually managed to read through the whole post again. I am flabbergasted on how stupid  ...

Cant wait so see these temperatures, please keep posting Rockeyes
2015-4-9
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

Rockeyes Posted at 2015-4-10 01:03
P.S Charging a TB47 up with a room temp of 21.6 Deg C. Battery pack is currently 23 Deg C and charger is reading a temp of 56 Deg C  

PSS Temps now at 22 , 25 and 58 Deg C ...

Do you mean you are monitoring the temp of the "power supply"
(not the "charger" soldered to the lipo pack?)
2015-4-9
Use props
stephenbrink62
lvl.4
Flight distance : 380522 ft
South Africa

Hey Bobo.....take care of "Zeus" m8.....looking at your forum...great stuff......don't suppose you could also sort out the compass issues were having with it dropping out of GPS to go into ATTI.......lol. Be careful of that happening m8 & fly safe....let us know how it went...
2015-4-9
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.4

United Kingdom

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-10 04:22
Do you mean you are monitoring the temp of the "power supply"
(not the "charger" soldered to the  ...

58Deg C of the power supply. Not the charging unit soldered to the lipo pack. The battery (power pack) temp was measured from the side (Black surface).

I used a Fluke 62 IR Thermometer and although not officially calibrated I have tested and compared it to the company aircraft tooling which is.

Please ping me a link to your blog Bob.
2015-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-10 01:38
OK, you're right Fart666, I will address all the peeps that I may have possibly offended, one LAST ...

No need to get flustered and emotional Bob.

As usual, your only means of response is to attack and try to demean others in order to make yourself look/feel good. What you need to learn is that this just makes your comments look even more foolish.

I wish you well in your future endeavours, I actually do hope you make a success of commercial UAV ops. Despite what you may think, I don't actually bear you any ill will. However I will call out any bullying or demeaning behaviour I encounter by anyone.

In 2015 there is no place for that sort of behaviour.

In the end it's your choice how to behave, communicate and interact with others, but don't get upset and irritated by the feedback you receive. You behave negatively, you will recieve negativity back. You behave positively and you will see positive feedback from everyone.

2015-4-9
Use props
RichJ53
Captain
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

Howdy Bob,

wow, I leave one day and can't find anything on topic.

What's happening have you purchased the power supply? where are the plans now and or findings?

2015-4-9
Use props
Farnk666
Captain
Flight distance : 1711394 ft
Australia

Edited for content.
My I1 flies perfectly well Bob, thanks for asking.

I hope you find/create the charging solution you are looking for and it all runs cool and smooth as possible.

As to your other endeavours, I wish you the best of luck.

2015-4-9
Use props
enkhome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

Dave E Posted at 2015-4-9 15:41
If that is the case what will anyone gain by having a bigger power supply other than it running co ...

The piont is the power supply feeds the charger and the charger feeds the battery  
2015-4-10
Use props
Dronename
lvl.1
United States

Bob when are you gonna post some killer footage?
2015-4-10
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

its a shame this thread got messed up like this

BOB
2015-4-10
Use props
Bkackman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3445020 ft
United States

Bob, would love to see the results you post on your blog.
2015-4-10
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

GazFromBrum Posted at 2015-4-9 07:24
If you read the threads Dangair has started himself ..... you'll see why he comes back here......  ...

Really? First of all, this is juvenile. The only reason anyone is following Bob is he is willing to do the work that others could potentially benefit from regardless how it turns out. If it weren't for that no-one would want anything to do with him. So in essence, he is being used. This power supply stuff is really simple and could have been summed up in a couple painless paragraphs. Instead, like so many other internet threads, it turns into garbage.
2015-4-11
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-9 09:42
Rich, I love you Bro, but we can only assume they are of nice quality, as there is no visual evide ...

I seriously question your knowledge of electrical theory after reading this. You intend to smack guys because you suggest that you can demand 40 amps at 24 volts from the Inspire? So let me get this straight??? You are going to attempt to draw almost 960 watts from the Inspire? And then you intend to kick guys in the nuts? Be careful Rich, people always tend hurt the ones the love.
2015-4-11
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-4-9 16:19
I feel very flattered that you have taken the time to search out my past posts to the forum, edit  ...

I for one would love to meet this guy in person so he can sling one last insult at me or anyone else.
2015-4-11
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Farnk666 Posted at 2015-4-10 00:47
I have never attacked you Bob, I have pointed out your negative behaviours towards others and opin ...

He wont, it's not possible for cowards to admit they were at fault when the likelihood of ever meeting his victims face to face is slim to none. He knows this and is relying on it. There is no way in this world that he would have enough courage to say these scathing remarks in person, he would be suffering from blood loss and would require immediate medical attention.
2015-4-11
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-10 01:38
And now for the "real" apology, to all my fellow flyers out there trying to follow this thread and b ...

If they actually did moderate this forum you would definitely be one of the first to go, so careful of what ye ask for Bob.
2015-4-11
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Just catching up as I've been too busy with work, sorry for not combining this all into one thoughtful post. I could care freakin less about Bobs findings, even if they solved all the issues.  
2015-4-11
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

Oh Ed, when you finally edit out my offending posts please take a moment and delete all of Bobs offending posts too. Or you are not setting a very good example of the use of power.
2015-4-11
Use props
Dangair
Second Officer

Canada

GazFromBrum Posted at 2015-4-9 07:24
If you read the threads Dangair has started himself ..... you'll see why he comes back here......  ...

Two support for one opposition, I guess you are a Bob buddy. Personally, this is not about Bob insulting me as much as him insulting a bunch of people. If you wish to pander to this type of person fine, but not me.
2015-4-11
Use props
dennis
lvl.4
United States

where did you get the meter ?
2015-4-11
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

Bkackman Posted at 2015-4-11 15:05
Bob, would love to see the results you post on your blog.

My Blog
2015-4-11
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

dennis@aerialpe Posted at 2015-4-12 03:43
where did you get the meter ?

My Blog
2015-4-11
Use props
dennis
lvl.4
United States

Dude, there is no doubt that your are a very smart guy and add value to this forum. but you are so condescending and arrogant that I can't even read your posts any more.  Just try talking to people like you  think we are all idiot and you know everything.   So I gave you some shit right back and look at your response you threaten me, sounds like your almost ready to cry.  You cant do a damm thing to effect my business you want to threaten me bring it.

2015-4-13
Use props
dennis
lvl.4
United States

Bob Marley Posted at 2015-4-13 11:45
See, just like I called you out on the other thread 5 minutes ago, YOU ARE A TROLL.
You raced bac ...

Hey bob when you threaten people  eben online in a direct manner as you have its called domestic terrorism.  Its part of the new laws written after 9/11. I have reported your threats to the police so its documented and also called Chrysler today and shared it with your security dept and HR  You should probably tone it down before you get yourself in trouble.
2015-4-14
Use props
Exib
Captain
Flight distance : 153760 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

dennis@aerialpe Posted at 2015-4-15 01:25
Hey bob when you threaten people  eben online in a direct manner as you have its called domestic t ...

Hardly think it was threat get a life Dennis
2015-4-14
Use props
dennis
lvl.4
United States

Exib Posted at 2015-4-15 01:34

whatever bro, its not your business  its mine.  
2015-4-14
Use props
Rockeyes
lvl.4

United Kingdom

mattd@internode Posted at 2015-4-8 09:39
From what I understand by this thread

The power supply "brick" that DJI supply is just a power supp ...
So I am not sure how you can charge the TB47 batteries any faster than what they are now,

The power supply that is supplied with the Inspire 1 output is 100w max. The battery packs with their built in charging and balancing system are capable of drawing 180watts (IAW the manual). So the poor little 100w unit is working its wee nuts off and giving the charger/power pack everything it can, exhausting itself and expelling a lot of energy in the form of heat as it does so.

So we should ask ourselves if we are charging using 100watts of power and we can use 180 watts of power what will happen if we was to put it to use?

With the extra power available to the charger/power pack, will it charge faster and within its design limits (Clue 180)?

So what then would happen if I made available say 280watts to the charger/power pack?

What would happen if I had a 1000 watts AVAILABLE

These are the questions Bob has tried to help us understand or make us think about. It does get confusing when silly people have to make a noise just to be heard, but stick in there learning can be fun and it makes us all better for it.

Don't get into thinking about removing components or listening to nonsense spouted by those who like the sound of their own importance. Bob is the only one that has shown by photographing his evidence and conclusions. Everything else is hearsay until YOU find out otherwise.
2015-4-14
Use props
Bob Marley
Second Officer

United States

Exib Posted at 2015-4-15 01:34

Very true, thanks Exib -
(it's not as much fun for dennis now)
2015-4-14
Use props
Chris Con
Second Officer
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

So what was the outcome of all this?   How much did the 180 power supply decrease charing time?
2015-4-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules