Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Inspire 1 not connecting in DJI app. Help!!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse21ae378
lvl.2
Flight distance : 52707 ft
United States

My Inspire 1 will not connect to the app but I can start it up and fly it, all it show strong interference on the screen in the app. No matter what I do I can't seem to get it to connect. Has anyone else had this strange problem? I hope someone can tell me how to get my inspire to connect.

Thanks,

Scott
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Just to clarify, the APP shows ''Disconnected'' or just no image transmission but there are GPS signal, RC signal, RC signal and camera OSD info?
2017-9-10
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Scott are you currently up to date on the AC the Rc and the Go app ?  Did this happen directly after an update ?  

sounds to me like you  have good signal between the AC and RC but the go app is the problem .  Be sure to try another cable between the 2.  What are you using for theGo app ?  If it is an older device it may no longer work , try an I pad if you can with a fast processor, the I pad Pro   is the gold standard and has one of the fastest processors . ( standard I pad pro is what I use and NEVER have trouble )

Keep us posted .

donnie  
2017-9-11
Use props
fanse21ae378
lvl.2
United States

Yes the App shows disconnected and no it doesnt show any signal on GPS, RC, camera or anything else. I am using a S7 edge to connect and the phone knows it is plugged in and starts to charge.
2017-9-11
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

fanse21ae378 Posted at 2017-9-11 09:11
Yes the App shows disconnected and no it doesnt show any signal on GPS, RC, camera or anything else. I am using a S7 edge to connect and the phone knows it is plugged in and starts to charge.

It could be your USB settings, it needs to be set to MTP (media transfer protocol). If you're not sure how to get to it read how here.
Keep us posted

Mark G.
2017-9-11
Use props
fanse21ae378
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for the usb tip, I will definetly give it a try later when i get home from work. Forgot in my last post to say yes about the app being up to date, it is.
2017-9-11
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

fanse21ae378 Posted at 2017-9-11 13:32
Thanks for the usb tip, I will definetly give it a try later when i get home from work. Forgot in my last post to say yes about the app being up to date, it is.

Did it work before ..... this go app device ?  If you can get hold of an Apple device with an A9 processor for testing purposes, that would be great.  Mark of course has some great tips as well.  Be sure to check your cable  as they can be the culprit sometimes as well .  May ned to delete the app and re install, sometimes they get corrupted , If you do be sure to sign in to the go app with user name and password with the system on full standby ( just before liftoff, battle ready ) Or you can get the dreaded lock of only 50 meters in distance and 30 meters in height .
You may not have a powerful enough go app device casuing these symptoms, I have seen this MANY times before .

donnie
2017-9-12
Use props
fanse21ae378
lvl.2
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-12 06:46
Did it work before ..... this go app device ?  If you can get hold of an Apple device with an A9 processor for testing purposes, that would be great.  Mark of course has some great tips as well.  Be sure to check your cable  as they can be the culprit sometimes as well .  May ned to delete the app and re install, sometimes they get corrupted , If you do be sure to sign in to the go app with user name and password with the system on full standby ( just before liftoff, battle ready ) Or you can get the dreaded lock of only 50 meters in distance and 30 meters in height .
You may not have a powerful enough go app device casuing these symptoms, I have seen this MANY times before .

I appreciate all the tips. Unfortunately changing the setting in the phone didn't help, neither did uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. I can fly it around just fine but the app shows nothing nor does it see the camera. I tried another usb cable to the phone and that didn't help either. I apologize for the long reply times, work keeps me busy and today is the first time I had to fly it. Yes it did use to work with the app just fine and then 1 day nothing.
2017-9-17
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
United States

fanse21ae378 Posted at 2017-9-17 13:47
I appreciate all the tips. Unfortunately changing the setting in the phone didn't help, neither did uninstalling the app and reinstalling it. I can fly it around just fine but the app shows nothing nor does it see the camera. I tried another usb cable to the phone and that didn't help either. I apologize for the long reply times, work keeps me busy and today is the first time I had to fly it. Yes it did use to work with the app just fine and then 1 day nothing.

If you can try another device and be sure you are loading the App for the Inspire 1 and NOT the Inspire 2.  if you still have issues then what has happened is the HDMI/ USB module on the 'back of the RC  has failed and will need to be replaced.  It is part #94 and is about 100 USA dollars.  All you need to replace is the back cover  that contains the USB port , that will plug into a module on the rest  of the unit .  You do not need to replace the whole thing and risk damaging the 3 flat cables .  This is what works 95% of the time for these type issues .

donnie
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules