Rolling Back FW
1162 11 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I am currently running .1000 FW I have d/loaded FW going all the way back to .200 for the A/C & RC from GitHub. I was thinking about using DUMlore to do the roll backs, has anyone used this utility to perform it?

Also do you have to rollback one version at a time or can I go back to the one I want directly from .1000?
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

It is not recommended to use a third party tool to roll back the firmware, it will void the warranty. Besides, may I know why do you wanna roll back the firmware? Is there anything wrong with your drone? Please provide more details, we'd like to help.
2017-9-11
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

U dont have to do one version at a time .200 is quite far back. My buddy went baxk to .700 as he felt that was the best
2017-9-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I used it to go back to .700,
2017-9-11
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

i used DUMLlore to roll back from 1000 to 700, youtube digdat0, very helpfull
2017-9-11
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

Just for me to understand: What is the purpose of this?
2017-9-11
Use props
DronePix
lvl.3
Flight distance : 765469 ft
Australia

DJI Diana, as the Mavic firmware is buggy and not be able to fix them in each succession of firmware upgrade, it therefore left people with no other choice but to roll back the firmware to a more acceptable firmware. It seem that the only way to do it is via 3rd party software.
2017-9-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DocAraxá Posted at 2017-9-11 02:56
Just for me to understand: What is the purpose of this?

Thanks all,
This was just a question out of curiosity, I have read many, many, many threads here and in other forums about the NFZ restrictions imposed by the .1000, Gimbal issues, Fly-away, falls out of the sky ect... I know many of these have been pilot error.  I have not had any real problems with my Mavic worth mentioning to date as I use it primarily for work ( Have only flew maybe 3-4 hours on it ).  I do have video link issues quite often ( loose video or video locks up at around 2,200 ft. distance, bought a Crystal Sky Monitor hoping that would help but it does the same) never crashed, I fly over crowds of people during wedding shoots would hate to have an incident during those periods,  just don't seem to have the confidence I have in my P3P as it seems much more stable after years of fine tuning the FW for it.
2017-9-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

R&L Aerial  Posted at 2017-9-11 02:02
i used DUMLlore to roll back from 1000 to 700, youtube digdat0, very helpfull

Do you like the .700? What is the major differences between it and the .1000?
2017-9-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
United States

DronePix Posted at 2017-9-11 03:35
DJI Diana, as the Mavic firmware is buggy and not be able to fix them in each succession of firmware upgrade, it therefore left people with no other choice but to roll back the firmware to a more acceptable firmware. It seem that the only way to do it is via 3rd party software.

Diana, I agree with this post, seems to me DJI should allow us to d/grade to whatever FW DJI has made available during the inception and release of the Mavic, after all it is our drone. This should be allowable using DJI Assistant 2, the product was sold with the very first version of FW so DJI must have assumed it was safe to fly then so I don't understand why they wont allow rollbacks to the firmware of OUR choice. It is obvious that with each FW update the new updates introduce "bugs" that have a direct impact on our drones?
2017-9-11
Use props
JoeCec
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3491430 ft
  • >>>
United States

The reason its not available to downgrade, in my opinion is the holes in no fly zones. DJI doesn't want to be responsible for pilots flying in restricted areas.
2017-9-11
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

QuadKid Posted at 2017-9-11 03:52
Thanks all,
This was just a question out of curiosity, I have read many, many, many threads here and in other forums about the NFZ restrictions imposed by the .1000, Gimbal issues, Fly-away, falls out of the sky ect... I know many of these have been pilot error.  I have not had any real problems with my Mavic worth mentioning to date as I use it primarily for work ( Have only flew maybe 3-4 hours on it ).  I do have video link issues quite often ( loose video or video locks up at around 2,200 ft. distance, bought a Crystal Sky Monitor hoping that would help but it does the same) never crashed, I fly over crowds of people during wedding shoots would hate to have an incident during those periods,  just don't seem to have the confidence I have in my P3P as it seems much more stable after years of fine tuning the FW for it.

Dear QuadKid,

Thank you very much for your reply.
Cheers.
2017-9-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules