Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New shell needed ...
12Next >
8212 45 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
Captain
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Seems like Phantom 3 Pro is not offered in DJI online store anymore, neither replacement parts. Is she obsolete already?
I need new shell to replace cracked one (typical cracks around motor mounts). I assume all P3 series aircrafts employs identical shell, therefore shell for still existing P3 STANDARD will do? Please correct me if I'm wrong...

2017-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yes, the shell for the Standard will fit the electronics of your Phantom 3 Pro.

RedHotPoker

2017-9-10
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-10 20:54
Yes, the shell for the Standard will fit the electronics of your Phantom 3 Pro.

Thank you, Brother ...
2017-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-10 21:19
Thank you, Brother ...

No problem. Are you going to do the shell "conversion" yourself?

That would certainly reduce any down time you would have had, sending it in, for service.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The shell of Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Standard are different. Please check whether the local dealer can help you or not: http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy
2017-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-10 22:14
The shell of Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Standard are different. Please check whether the local dealer can help you or not: http://www.dji.com/where-to-buy

DJI Susan, Oh? I didn't realize that....

How exactly do they differ?

http://skydronenews.com/2017/09/ ... om-shell-cover-led/

RedHotPoker
2017-9-10
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-10 22:14

Nope, local dealer doesn't have this part in stock as well. That's a surprise, I must say, to see this amazing craft abandoned so soon ...
2017-9-10
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-10 22:43
Nope, local dealer doesn't have this part in stock as well. That's a surprise, I must say, to see this amazing craft abandoned so soon ...

I am very curious what the real differences in shell design may be...

They look the same to me.

RedHotPoker

2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-10 22:19
DJI Susan, Oh? I didn't realize that....

How exactly do they differ?

As you can see from tutorial video of linking RC, the location of linking button are different.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-10 22:43

Sorry, please contact the Support Team and send it in: http://www.dji.com/support.
2017-9-11
Use props
Tmygun
First Officer
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-10 21:19
Thank you, Brother ...

Susan is absolutely correct........you have to drill holes to make the Standard shell work......not sure you would want to do that.

Good Luck!
2017-9-11
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-10 23:08
I am very curious what the real differences in shell design may be...

I have replaced my P3A and noticed the Advanced and the Pro are the same number when I purchased mine, but the Standard is showing a different number.
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-11 07:31
Bad that dji should stop spares at the drop of a hat!!!!
just seems to me to be a money making racket.
i am glad car manufacturers don't adopt the same attitude

That lack of spare shells makes repairing/replacing a Phantom 3 Pro drone shell nearly impossible.

So if/when I crash, it will go in the trash....?? That was an expensive hobby.
Perhaps, I'll donate mine to the local hobby shop for replacement parts they can no longer purchase...

What a racket...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-11 08:53
That lack of spare shells makes repairing/replacing a Phantom 3 Pro drone shell nearly impossible.

So if/when I crash, it will go in the trash....?? That was an expensive hobby.

I'm sure I'll find some workaround modifying P3S shell somehow, but indeed such situation may put many hobbyists in desperate "on eBay" search for genuine replacement parts way too soon ...
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-11 09:11
I'm sure I'll find some workaround modifying P3S shell somehow, but indeed such situation may put many hobbyists in desperate "on eBay" search for genuine replacement parts way too soon ...

Yes of course you will.

Perhaps I will shop around and acquire a spare shell myself, in preparedness of any future needs. ;-)

Nothing wrong with having a survival kit... Hehe

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-11 01:23
As you can see from tutorial video of linking RC, the location of linking button are different.

Susan, are you talking about the button mounted on VPS board beneath? If that's the only difference than I'm fine ...
2017-9-11
Use props
MrRobert5823
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-11 07:31
Bad that dji should stop spares at the drop of a hat!!!!
just seems to me to be a money making racket.
i am glad car manufacturers don't adopt the same attitude

If I follow that logic... (and I REALLY could be wrong here....)
Auto manufacturers don't store the parts... that is all 3rd party.  With the additional cost of having the extra parts in inventory would cost a lot of money.  Particularly if there isn't a high demand.  
I don't like it, but I think I do understand it.
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-11 09:58
it's just a money making racket no wonder the owner is a billionaire
that just could not give 2 hoots about the people that put him there
forced to buy the next model up, Yea then again sorry  no parts for this model now

I'm sure they won't lose their vast customers, as new ones continue to climb the drone chain...

But supply and demand, they need to allow us some leeway, to buy those shells as we need them...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-11 10:49
very true,, do you know my friend has a phantom fc 40
i asked dji support to send me a shell for it, they have them in stock and they are well before the P3 range
but wanted me to send the fc40 to them to fit it and be charged a kings ransom for doing something

It's a kings ransom indeed, should you send it in for repair.

Do folks get sent a repair bill, when they receive back a different refurbished unit?

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-11 11:54
who knows
here is a bit of an interesting read
https://www.forbes.com/sites/rya ... naire/#48c4f868b48f

Oh, I want to read Forbes reports, when I'm counting my bottles for the recycle depot. ;-$
image.jpeg
Yes, I see what you meant by posting this...
image.jpeg
I need to win a lottery, then buy a bunch of DJI stock...
image.jpeg
Did you check out the gallery?
https://www.forbes.com/pictures/ ... from-above-amazing/

RedHotPoker

2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
Flight distance : 961 ft
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-11 10:19
I'm sure they won't lose their vast customers, as new ones continue to climb the drone chain...

But supply and demand, they need to allow us some leeway, to buy those shells as we need them...

NO...what they need to do is develop/produce/provide plastics that actually hold up to the demands of these powerful aircraft they designed and sell.  This problem must be attacked in at least two fronts.  One design, they need to relook at the rigidity of the frame, while some flex is necessary too much leads to the cracking.  However, the frame is the least important factor, more to the shell design.  Such as the placement of air vents, as they seem to be placed in an area susceptible to stresses from the flexing frame.  Second plastics, these plastics obviously must be lightweight but they must have a great deal more flex in them to permit the flexing of the frame WITHOUT cracking when those forces are placed upon them.
That is what they MUST do, IMO it is unacceptable that for the money something as rudimentary as this would be a factor.  Having discussed this in other threads, most feel it was a supplier who produced a lot of substandard items, and now we are working our way through that inventory.  That's kinda OK if you are under warranty, but not so much in this case or you are not under warranty.
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 13:39
NO...what they need to do is develop/produce/provide plastics that actually hold up to the demands of these powerful aircraft they designed and sell.  This problem must be attacked in at least two fronts.  One design, they need to relook at the rigidity of the frame, while some flex is necessary too much leads to the cracking.  However, the frame is the least important factor, more to the shell design.  Such as the placement of air vents, as they seem to be placed in an area susceptible to stresses from the flexing frame.  Second plastics, these plastics obviously must be lightweight but they must have a great deal more flex in them to permit the flexing of the frame WITHOUT cracking when those forces are placed upon them.
That is what they MUST do, IMO it is unacceptable that for the money something as rudimentary as this would be a factor.  Having discussed this in other threads, most feel it was a supplier who produced a lot of substandard items, and now we are working our way through that inventory.  That's kinda OK if you are under warranty, but not so much in this case or you are not under warranty.

They need to hire some new blood. People like you who are innovators. ;-)

Yes, it's about time these drone shells stopped cracking open....

RedHotPoker

2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-11 13:59
They need to hire some new blood. People like you who are innovators. ;-)

Good Lord if I'm an innovator they need, then I'd say they'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel

...agreed they need someone, but someone who really knows what they are doing, not me...I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express...
2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-11 15:28
Yes, well, Frank Zappa used the Hoiday Inn for his on the road antics...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HPdADjgJlVM

OK then...but after I fix the plastics problem you might not like some of the other changes I'll make
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 14:38
Good Lord if I'm an innovator they need, then I'd say they'd be scraping the bottom of the barrel

...agreed they need someone, but someone who really knows what they are doing, not me...I just stayed at a Holiday Inn Express...

Yes, well, Frank Zappa used the Hoiday Inn for his on the road antics...

That's good enough for me.

Your hired. Say Hi to Frank Wang for me. Chuckles

Back On topic, I am currently searching out a new drone shell, or maybe even two...Yes I have a local friend @Rigworker I met in here, who might want one for his Phantom 3 Advanced.
I want to be prepared for that dreadful day, when all Hell breaks out, of my Phantom 3 Pro.

RedHotPoker

2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 15:27
OK then...but after I fix the plastics problem you might not like some of the other changes I'll make

I would like to see a couple of extra motors in the box, and a full written manual. ;-)

Man, it gives me so much joy, I love saying RTFM!! Haha

RedHotPoker

2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-11 15:48
I would like to see a couple of extra motors in the box, and a full written manual. ;-)

Man, it gives me so much joy, I love saying RTFM!! Haha

Hey what the heck...consider it done

could not agree more with the whole manual thing, but you knew that...
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 15:55
Hey what the heck...consider it done

could not agree more with the whole manual thing, but you knew that...

Yes, the full manual/s & in color. If they don't want to print it on paper, put the Manual/s on a DVD with instructional video for what ever drone model you bought. They all have slight differences.
We would also prefer a seperate app per each drone model. Cut out the bloat ware.
I look forward to seeing new models with outstanding shells that don't buckle or crack under normal use.

Perhaps too, expensive carbon fiber shelled drones that are bullet proof. Ha

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
Genghis9
Captain
United States

HOLY CRAP you are needy!  

However, I approve...we'll get right on it
Can carbon fiber be any more costly than swapping out plastic shells every few months or more???
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

Genghis9 Posted at 2017-9-11 16:18
HOLY CRAP you are needy!  

However, I approve...we'll get right on it

If they can build motors that are brushless, that last a long time, surely a carbon fiber shell that has atleast that same life time, should be an option. Sure sell the plastic versions, but if the consumer has deep pockets, sell them the shell of choice.

What happened to the colored shells that DJI were considering, and we all discussed, this time last year?

RedHotPoker

2017-9-11
Use props
repairman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

susan,the link button is on the vps.that does not come with shells.the vps module is removeable. am i correct,therefore pa shells would work on a p3p?
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

RicardoGray Posted at 2017-9-11 06:46
I have replaced my P3A and noticed the Advanced and the Pro are the same number when I purchased mine, but the Standard is showing a different number.

Yes, the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced share the same shell, while P3S is different.
2017-9-12
Use props
RicardoGray
Captain
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 01:38
Yes, the Phantom 3 Professional and Phantom 3 Advanced share the same shell, while P3S is different.

Thanks Susan.
2017-9-12
Use props
repairman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16581 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 01:38

thanks susan,hope i never need one.ha ha
2017-9-13
Use props
Astrojul
lvl.3
Flight distance : 368186 ft
United States

repairman Posted at 2017-9-13 03:15
thanks susan,hope i never need one.ha ha

That's a shame. Especially when the part is so common to fail.
Got the whole shell and landing gear on eBay $30.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Body-She ... 2057872.m2749.l2649
2017-9-13
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

quadpilot Posted at 2017-9-13 15:39
thanks just ordered one price must of gone up
now $48.00

For now there's no shortage of genuine parts for P3Pro and Advanced on eBay. I've ordered a complete shell with battery compartment and landing gear with compass.

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/Body-Shel ... 2055119.m1438.l2649

With metal reinforcement plates this should be good for a while, I hope ...

2017-9-13
Use props
Phantom One
Captain
Flight distance : 135299 ft
United States

Astrojul Posted at 2017-9-13 07:58
That's a shame. Especially when the part is so common to fail.
Got the whole shell and landing gear on eBay $30.00
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Body-Shell-Top-Bottom-Cover-Landing-Gear-Battery-House-For-DJI-Phantom-3-Pro-Adv/253053423414?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=552123310905&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

They must have raised the price.  Top, bottom, and landing gear is 45.99.  You have to select all with dropdown menu
2017-9-14
Use props
zilla
lvl.1

United States

RedHotPoker Posted at 2017-9-11 16:28
If they can build motors that are brushless, that last a long time, surely a carbon fiber shell that has atleast that same life time, should be an option. Sure sell the plastic versions, but if the consumer has deep pockets, sell them the shell of choice.

What happened to the colored shells that DJI were considering, and we all discussed, this time last year?

I see an after market opportunity here.
2017-9-14
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Canada

zilla Posted at 2017-9-14 05:53

Yes, and you can advertise your wares on eBay and Amazon. Offering you a Worldwide customer base...

RedHotPoker
2017-9-14
Use props
Dobmatt
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

zilla Posted at 2017-9-14 05:53

Unfortunately aftermarket parts are always of substandard quality. Imagine that with already challenged shell ...
2017-9-14
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules