1176 8 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans759451c9
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2224665 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm curious as to why the Inspire 2 has no option for "Looks/Color" other than D-Log or Standard when recording to ProRes/DNG/H.264 in video mode?

In photo mode, I have a full list of specific looks I choose from, such as Art, etc. When swiching to video, the list for H.264/5 shortens, and then for ProRes Cine DNG the only two options available are D-Log and Sandard, and the "Color" option is greyed out and won't select anything other than Rec.709. This makes it impossible to record ProRes footage that has any setitngs adjusted, like contrast, sharpness, or saturation, but those are available for h.264.

Why the heck is that, or am I just missing them for some weird reason on mine?
Looks.jpg
2017-9-10
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I've mentioned this before.

It'd be great to have a better choice when shooting ProRes. I find Standard far too crushed and DLOG can be noisy.

I wonder if it could be changed with a FW update?

C-DNG is RAW so it's not effected by additional colour looks. It's just what the camera produces and then can be corrected in post but it takes a lot of processing.  
2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

You didn't do something wrong, this is how it works.
With SSD card mounted, the APP will switch into professional mode, H.264 and H.265 will become preview of ProRes/CinemaDNG, there are no color could be selected.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-9-10 22:22
I've mentioned this before.

It'd be great to have a better choice when shooting ProRes. I find Standard far too crushed and DLOG can be noisy.

The ISO will be locked in 500 in D-LOG when shooting Prores, I have explained in http://forum.dji.com/thread-107679-1-1.html
DJI is working on improving this function, we would appreciate your patience.
2017-9-11
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy.

I understand about DLOG.

Just wondering if DJI could enable a color space that sits in between DLOG and Standard when shooting ProRes.?

D-Cinilike would be very nice. Not too flat but not too crushed.

Thanks
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-9-11 03:25
Thanks Mindy.

I understand about DLOG.

I will transfer your request to our engineers for future consideration, appreciate your suggestion.
2017-9-13
Use props
Altitude Drones
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Thanks Mindy
2017-9-13
Use props
charlesetischer
lvl.2

Hong Kong

Thanks for all your advice. What I can say is that we are continuously improving the quality and function of X5s, and we are evaluating the possibility of adding more profiles for ProRes recording. Unfortunately I cannot give you further promises on the final decision or release date, but please allow us some time and keep an eye on the release notes.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

The post in 8# is from our R&D engineer, please check it out. Thank you for your support to DJI.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules