Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Spark self timer from remote or app?
4059 9 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SteveW25561
Flight distance : 2024 ft
Canada

I can’t find a way to set a traditional self timer using the RC or DJI go app (either directly or via the remote controller).

While I can see a way to do timed interval shots, I don’t see a 2 or 5 second countdown for a single shot. The selfie mode with gesture control does this but I always seem to have trouble making that gesture work reliably.

Without a self timer, all my pictures show me holding the remote or phone and I’d rather have a few seconds to hide it.
2017-9-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

To my best knowledge there is just the gesture controlled 'self timer' available until now.
2017-9-10
Use props
Burak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49731 ft
United States

This question also interests me a lot. With the Mavic or Phantom, the main purpose is shooting *other stuff or other people* whereas with the Spark its nearly always ourselves with family etc.
I hate to see the remote and or the phone in the shots.
2017-9-10
Use props
Aurel70
New
Spain

I want to add: a timer is also needed for all the preset flight modes such as Dronie, Circle, Helix and Rocket. In all these shots I look stupid at the start because I am still holding the remote in my hand or even look down at the screen. There should be a three second countdown with visual feedback on the drone.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

In gesture selfies mode, it will count down for three seconds automatically. You can also set the Interval in camera settings.
2017-9-17
Use props
Burak
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49731 ft
Turkey

Guys, check out the new dji go update!
Dji has finally added timer to quickshots and shallowfocus modes! Great!
2017-9-18
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

Burak Posted at 2017-9-18 00:46
Guys, check out the new dji go update!
Dji has finally added timer to quickshots and shallowfocus modes! Great!

Yes, glad to have this new feature. Thanks for your attention.
2017-9-18
Use props
SteveW25561
Flight distance : 2024 ft
Canada

The new 3 second timer for quick shots is definitely welcome, and I’m also aware of the gesture control selfie countdown (I still have problems getting that to work reliably).

I would still like to have a configurable self timer for the photo button on the remote controller and the DJI Go app as well. Seems like an easy thing to add.
2017-9-18
Use props
oompahlumpa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12982 ft
United States

"I would still like to have a configurable self timer for the photo button on the remote controller and the DJI Go app as well. Seems like an easy thing to add."
2017-12-15
Use props
oompahlumpa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12982 ft
United States

I as well would also like to see a timer when using the remote control.  I like to use my spark for taking family pictures, and do not want a remote in my shot.
2017-12-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules