Osmo Mobile Slightly Bent Arm - Build Quality Issue?
2840 10 2017-9-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guiller
lvl.1

Philippines

Hi,

I just purchased an Osmo Mobile and after a few uses I noticed that the arm is slightly bent. The equipment still works fine and the output video is still stabilized. It is kinda annoying and makes me wonder if it has something to do with manufacturing or the build quality isn't really that good. I've been looking around the web for similar issues or experiences but I could not find one. I am inclined to believe that the fault is in the balance adjustment slider because it looks a bit off and when I loosen it up it is kinda wiggly. When I carry it around(not using it), I use that soft case that it came with so some force may have bent it as I was carrying it in may backpack but I'm not sure. I would want to send it back for repairs but I have upcoming vacations in two weeks and another one a month after that, and not having my Osmo mobile around would be a bummer since it's the reason I bought it in the first place. If there was some kind of tutorial on how to disassemble the gimbal arm and maybe fix it myself I would gladly try it, but I would like to ask DJI about my options here.

I have uploaded some photos of it thru the picture tab. Notice that I tried to put it back in the packaging to 'validate' if it was really misaligned. Also, there seems to be a gap between the arm that slides out(balance adjustment) and the one that it slides into.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Slighlty bent arm

Slighlty bent arm

Noticeable gap between the sliding arm and the part it slides into

Does not fit perfectly with the packaging

Does not fit perfectly with the packaging

2017-9-10
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
China

I would not recommend you disassemble the gimbal arm on your own as it may cause a further damage. Please contact our support and send it back. Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support.
I believe that they will solve the problem, thanks for support.
2017-9-11
Use props
Guiller
lvl.1

Philippines

DJI Elektra Posted at 2017-9-11 19:10
I would not recommend you disassemble the gimbal arm on your own as it may cause a further damage.  Please contact our support and send it back. Here is the link: http://www.dji.com/support.
I believe that they will solve the problem, thanks for support.

Thank you, I may consider sending it back for repairs after my vacation.

Best,
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Guiller Posted at 2017-9-12 05:49

Best,

No problem, sorry for the trouble that has been brought to you. Hope it will get addressed shortly.
2017-9-12
Use props
hypnoguy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13130 ft
United States

Guiller Posted at 2017-9-12 05:49

Best,

How did you go? Did you get this repaired. I just noticed your post and I too discovered the other day when packing mine away that I have exactly the same thing. A gap between the “sleeve” and the adjustment arm and the arm is slightly bent.
2018-2-21
Use props
CaymanMoon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 54321 ft
Cayman Islands

I have the EXACT issue, went through a lot of trouble shipping it to them since I live in Grand Cayman. Today, I receive notice of the status as the following.
2018-6-25
Use props
CaymanMoon
lvl.2
Cayman Islands

I have the EXACT issue, went through a lot of trouble shipping it to them since I live in Grand Cayman. Today, I received this.   
2018-6-25
Use props
CaymanMoon
lvl.2
Cayman Islands

I find it odd that you cannot edit or delete your posts on this forum. I wanted to add that I replied back to keep the unit, I do NOT want it back and will be purchasing the Zhiyun Smooth 4.
2018-6-25
Use props
CaymanMoon
lvl.2
Cayman Islands

2018-6-28
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, sorry for the late response, your case has been forwarded to our superior department, we will have someone to contact you when business days, hope the issue will be sorted out soon. Appreciate your patience.
2018-6-29
Use props
Luffegun
New
Australia

Any News on this one guys. i have had mine sitting in its bag in a safe place and i just pulled it out to charge it and use it and it has also had this EXACT same issue really disappointed as i didn't get a lot of use out of it before it did this. it wasn't cheap either.

what should i do? or is it too late and I've wasted my money?
2022-9-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules