Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
antenna wires.
736 11 2017-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
budwormy
lvl.1
United States

Hello. (Phantom 3 standard) This is my first post, and what I'm wondering is this: is it possible to add connectors to the grey and black wires that go into the camera? I had an unfortunate crash and the wires got yanked out ot the camera. the connector that snaps in is intact it's just the black and grey wires. i'm an electrician by trade and I can solder well, so i figured it would be worth a try, but it would be nice to see if anyone else has encountered this problem. I'm sure I can change out the wires, but I would like to avoid taking the whole thing apart if necessary. Thanks, parham
PS another idea was to salvage connectors from an old cellphone and butt splice the wires to the old ones. thoughts?

2017-9-11
Use props
WD9EON
First Officer
Flight distance : 182409
United States

the black and grey wires are coaxial
2017-9-11
Use props
jonrenee
lvl.2
United States

I had the same thing happen. They are coax. I replaced mine it was a PITA, you have to completely disassemble to get at the connection point.
2017-9-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 1862044
United States

Did it mess up the posts on the board they connect to?  This same thing happened to me.

2017-9-11
Use props
budwormy
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-11 06:23
Did it mess up the posts on the board they connect to?  This same thing happened to me.

the posts are fine. i've already removed them and i have a jewler that thinks he can pull it off. also, i heard you could solder them direclty to the camera board. they didn't rip out from the drone the ripped off the connectors that go to the camera board.
2017-9-11
Use props
budwormy
lvl.1
United States

jonrenee Posted at 2017-9-11 05:58
I had the same thing happen. They are coax. I replaced mine it was a PITA, you have to completely disassemble to get at the connection point.

what do you mean by PITA, and did you just replace the entire wires and antennas? that's what most people say has to be done, but i'm a dreamer. lol
2017-9-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Captain
Flight distance : 1862044
United States

I had to replace the whole camera, because it damaged the board.  Was told when wires or board is damaged, you have to calibrate the camera to the board again, and DJI will  not let anyone have the equipment needed. Let me know how you come out!
2017-9-11
Use props
Palladous
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30358
United States

budwormy Posted at 2017-9-11 06:30
what do you mean by PITA, and did you just replace the entire wires and antennas? that's what most people say has to be done, but i'm a dreamer. lol

PITA = Pain in the arse!
2017-9-11
Use props
budwormy
lvl.1
United States

jonrenee Posted at 2017-9-11 05:58

so you replaced just the wires? and if so how? do you mean the entire antenna assemblies or just the wire? i appreciate your imput bc i'm getting ready to go to houston to do some disaster relief work, and i NEED THIS THING WORKING!!!!!!
2017-9-11
Use props
stuka75
First Officer
Flight distance : 26116
United States

Here is the part you need.
http://www.dronenerds.com/produc ... pmus70aApnUEALw_wcB
The ac top shell has to be removed. Check you tube for P3 standard wifi antenna replacement.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Sorry to hear the crash. Please consider to start a case and send it in for fully repair: http://www.dji.com/support
2017-9-11
Use props
jonrenee
lvl.2
United States

budwormy Posted at 2017-9-11 07:47
so you replaced just the wires? and if so how? do you mean the entire antenna assemblies or just the wire? i appreciate your imput bc i'm getting ready to go to houston to do some disaster relief work, and i NEED THIS THING WORKING!!!!!!

Yes, I replaced the entire antenna, I couldn't see being able to repair the tiny coax.
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules