Possible RTH glitch
1602 14 2017-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Locoman
lvl.4
Flight distance : 748675 ft
United States

[size=14.666666984558105px]A few weeks ago I was videoing at my bother-in-law's, about 5 miles from the my home where I usually fly and had previously set "home points". When I took off I set a new home point at my current location at the time and it shows up on the map as "H". I flew around in the area for a few minutes, made some photos, then pressed the RTH button to test it out and the bird took off like a batt out of H..l, for "my home" five miles away. Short of having a complete panic attach melt down, I hit the pause button and stopped it flying off to never never land. Then manually flew it. back to me. landed it and started over. I was not in sport mode, in fact I have never flown in sport mode. I replayed the flight record this morning because I read else where about a possible glitch in the Go4 app, and this is what I found. When I pressed the RTH button, a couple HP noticed flashed on the screen, the HP symbol disappear and the distance changed from 40' to 26,562 '. The bird took off, away from me towards my real home. I got a warning notice that there was not enough battery available to RTH. So I hit the panic button. I still have the flight record, if DJI wants to look at it and see what happen. Except I don't know how to get it off my iPhone and send it to you. Also, might be a mute point, since it was that MP that latter crashed and was returned to DJI and both the FW and Go app have been updated since. BTW this was the only time something like this happened to me with multiable flights under my belt.

[size=14.666666984558105px]FYI
[size=14.666666984558105px]I was using an iPhone 6
[size=14.666666984558105px]Current FW updates at the time which I think was .900
[size=14.666666984558105px]Go 4, prior to the 4.1.9 update, not sure the version

[size=14.666666984558105px]Jim

2017-9-11
Use props
ghostrdr
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1272723 ft
United States

Do you have the drone or did it fly away? There are several experts here that might be able to help if you can post your flight record. I'm sure one will chime in soon.
2017-9-11
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

I've seen about three or four reports about people setting new home point and it just darting off to the place where they flew the flight before (previous home point) not good I think it's an app glitch
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

You had good GPS signal before you took off, right? Had you reported this case to our support team? Could you please help to export the flight records and the flight data and provide them to us so we can help to check what had happened? Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Appreciate your assistance.
2017-9-11
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-11 20:30
You had good GPS signal before you took off, right? Had you reported this case to our support team? Could you please help to export the flight records and the flight data and provide them to us so we can help to check what had happened? Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Appreciate your assistance.

yes Thor, had good GPS, had updated HP. Didn't report it to support at the time since I thought it was my error, but after reading a post yesterday on another pilot's fly-a-way issue, I decided to check the flight log and found out that the HP setting seemed to change all by itself.  The precipitated this post. Thanks for the response, I will contact support.
2017-9-11
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
United States

BTW, how do I export the flight record from my iPhone so I can send it to support
Jim
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Locoman Posted at 2017-9-11 23:58
BTW, how do I export the flight record from my iPhone so I can send it to support
Jim

For iOS devices, connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, you'll be able to find the flight records in the DJI GO 4 app.
2017-9-12
Use props
SadMavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 91132 ft
United States

Just read the other post on the other forum.  Definitely looks like a glitch that caused him to lose his mavic.  How unfortunate.  
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Locoman Posted at 2017-9-11 23:58
Jim

And here is a tutorial for exporting the flight data for your reference.
2017-9-12
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
United States

Thor, those instruction for a Phantom and Windows OS don't seem to be working and are not clear for my Mavic and MacBook Air. do you have any other instructions.
2017-9-12
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
United States

DJI Diana Posted at 2017-9-12 00:22
For iOS devices, connect the device to the computer, launch the iTunes, you'll be able to find the flight records in the DJI GO 4 app.

Done that, then what do I do
2017-9-12
Use props
Locoman
lvl.4
United States

DJI Dana
Also, I did an export CVS file on my iphone, but can't find it now , where would it have gone.
2017-9-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

the struggle is real with the awkward way they implemented log system into their app with iOS.   

DJI, suggestion, maybe you should give us a in app button to email the log to ourselves or something so more people can export it..
2017-9-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-11 14:40
I've seen about three or four reports about people setting new home point and it just darting off to the place where they flew the flight before (previous home point) not good I think it's an app glitch

which truly worries me.. because its not clear what causes that glitch and if its specific something or could it impact all of us at some point.    i had my mavic begin its low battery RTH and just hover for 2 minutes then try to auto land 1000 or so feet away.  but i blame the weather on that the clouds where kicking GPS in and out..i was dropping down to 5 sats  at one point while flying under those storm/rain clouds.  
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Locoman Posted at 2017-9-12 10:04
Done that, then what do I do

Send them to the DJI Support. I would recommend you contact the email support since it will be more convenient for you to send the files, the email address is support.us@dji.com.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules