435 6 2017-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Finding a hard time seeing iPad screen in Arizona sun.  I tried as shadow cover but it did not work does anyone else have any good suggestions on how to set up iPad screen better.
2017-9-11
Use props
DocAraxá
Second Officer
Flight distance : 202283 ft
Brazil

I quit the iPad cause of this. I live in Brazil, and here the sun allways shine with strength.
So, I decided to use reading goggles and be happy with my iPhone.
2017-9-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

I live in Florida and had the same issue, Problem Solved !!

http://www.dji.com/crystalsky
2017-9-11
Use props
alex_markov
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 39244380 ft
  • >>>
Bulgaria

I always look for shadow for me if there is no, I both a foldable umbrella and put it on my shoulder to cast a shadow on the screen  - the only problem is the wind, but being former paragliding pilot I prefer Not to fly in strong winds
2017-9-11
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

So...the crystal sky monitor is good but costs some money....I once saw an old picture of a photographer taking pictures under a black cover....I bought a black sheet and cut it to cover my head and iPad. It cost me about $6 but hey, it works....another suggestion is get one of those pop up sun shades.....
2017-9-11
Use props
QuadKid
First Officer
Flight distance : 482349 ft
United States

DennisMurry08 Posted at 2017-9-11 10:15
So...the crystal sky monitor is good but costs some money....I once saw an old picture of a photographer taking pictures under a black cover....I bought a black sheet and cut it to cover my head and iPad. It cost me about $6 but hey, it works....another suggestion is get one of those pop up sun shades.....

Nowadays I like to know what and who is around me. I looked at the I pad Mini 4, $399.00 for wifi only, if you are only going to fly with the device for a $69 difference I would go with the CS 5.5", if you need a device  for everyday use then the Mini 4 but that will not solve the glare.

I Installed the HDMI Module on my P3P and bought a cheap 12V DC 13" LCD TV with HDMI in, power it up in the field with a portable Mini Max 20,000 MAH Power Supply, The CS also has an HDMI output, plug either one into the TV for FPV or third party viewing, use the CS or my Galaxy S5 Android phone for Litchi or GO Apps , setup a small folding chair & table, pour my favorite beverage and fly away! The TV has 0% glare as it is LCD.

The whole setup including the HDMI Module for the P3P, Cables, Mini Max & TV was a littles less than $200 with great results.
2017-9-11
Use props
PilotSmith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 706539 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can I use products like Litchi with crystalsky
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now