Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

Battle-Cat Posted at 2017-9-12 07:24
As I said earlier. Different users.

Just to further clarify before confusion get's even bigger. Are you then the user who has started this thread formerly known as "fans34970935"?
2017-9-12
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Flight distance : 62349 ft
Canada

fans552e670b Posted at 2017-9-12 06:15
Getting mine back tomorrow. Hoping my lesson was painful enough to teach me to be way more cautious. Anxious to be aloft again!

agreed, being cautious is so important .. good luck with your new spark.
2017-9-12
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

that would make sense .. thanks for clarifying.  
2017-9-12
Use props
Sparky_17
lvl.4
Canada

Battle-Cat Posted at 2017-9-12 07:22
different users. My drone landed in water after I lost sight of it and do not have DJi Care, I recognize the pilot error. I'm questioning DJi technical team ethics and whether really diagnosed my drone before sending out a quote.

I am sure based on other spark owners that they do investigate and test each spark in for repair.  DJI Care is good insurance in my opinion.
2017-9-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Battle-Cat Posted at 2017-9-12 07:22
different users. My drone landed in water after I lost sight of it and do not have DJi Care, I recognize the pilot error. I'm questioning DJi technical team ethics and whether really diagnosed my drone before sending out a quote.

You should mention, you have been "fans34970935" before!

Seems the DJI forum is not updating (here, till now) you old posts under old name
2017-9-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

HomePoint Posted at 2017-9-11 14:25
It's my understanding that water damage is not repairable.

in my understanding:
salt water damage: throw it away (if no care refresh)
fresh water damage: get it out, maybe flush it with demineralized real clean/filtered water agasin, dry, put in a "ricebox" for a week and try to find out with restarting
2017-9-12
Use props
Battle-Cat
lvl.1
United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-9-12 09:34
in my understanding:
fresh water damage: get it out, maybe flush it with demineralized real clean/filtered water agasin, dry, put in a "ricebox" for a week and try to find out with restarting

I think my next step is to get the drone back and go through a cleaning process myself. I wanted to send it in first and not void the warranty by opening it. At this point it doesn't matter since, they want me to buy a new drone. I still doubt they actually looked at it originally.
2017-9-12
Use props
Sassafras4me
lvl.2
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-12 06:42
Thanks.  That explains it.  Soooo many fans

Had to reset my username, sorry for a sea of "fans"
2017-9-12
Use props
Battle-Cat
lvl.1
United States

I just got the phone about a customer care person regarding the repair. They said that the reason they won't repair is because of corrosion. The drone fell in regular water (not sea water). I guess I'll take it back and try to clean it myself. I'll make sure to get the insurance next time I buy a drone.
2017-9-12
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I love reading these posts, but I have lost the will to live on this one, I don't know who anyone is any more.  Other the the regulars like Charles who try and help, are people changing their names and then creating another post?
2017-9-12
Use props
Battle-Cat
lvl.1
United States

HomePoint Posted at 2017-9-12 11:08
I love reading these posts, but I have lost the will to live on this one, I don't know who anyone is any more.  Other the the regulars like Charles who try and help, are people changing their names and then creating another post?

Thank you for the help and suggestions. I really appreciate the participation in this thread.

I guess I'm adding droning as another expensive hobby. I originally purchased the Spark hoping it would be able to follow me during my downhill mountain biking descents; although it is far from being able to keep up with the speed, there are other fun things to do with it.

Cheers!
2017-9-12
Use props
HomePoint
lvl.4
Flight distance : 776007 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Battle-Cat Posted at 2017-9-12 12:29
Thank you for the help and suggestions. I really appreciate the participation in this thread.

I guess I'm adding droning as another expensive hobby. I originally purchased the Spark hoping it would be able to follow me during my downhill mountain biking descents; although it is far from being able to keep up with the speed, there are other fun things to do with it.

Hey no problem at all, I love to participate with a comment here and now, but I don't try and be the answer to anyone's questions by guess work, I leave that to the real trolls.  Most people who actively responded to this thread also got very confused.
2017-9-12
Use props
SeanGillian
lvl.2
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-12 05:28
I am so confused.  I've read through the posts twice and I still don't get what happened.  Hypothetically:  If through pilot error I end up submerging my drone, and if I'm able to recover my drone, and if I have purchased DJI Care Refresh, does DJI Care Refresh not cover this situation because of water damage?  I may have to read through the details again.  I did read through it once, but some things just don't stick the first (or second) time.  What I thought I knew was that DJI Care Refresh covered pilot error, and that landing in water was a subset of pilot error.  Maybe it is in the exclusions.

DJI Care Refresh will cover water damaged (lake or sea or pool), I think the dronie was posting that after replacement of new unit, you are able to buy a DJI Insurance on any drone with a new serial #, even if Repair change out your body frame and issue a new serial #, you would be able to buy DJI Care Refresh when registered new SN/drone
2017-9-12
Use props
brian_b
lvl.2
United States

I sent my Spark in for repair. The gimbal would not point the camera down after a week. Not exactly water damage, I know. I did not have Care Refresh. I sent it in anyway. It was back in 10 days, works great. I wasnʻt charged for repair as it was under warranty. I canʻt say their repair service is bad. For me it was quick and now my drone works. My circumstances are quite different, obviously. My feeling is, they would rather have you purchase a new one that repair yours. I think thereʻs a strategy in telling you it is more than a new drone. Put it in a bag of rice...

Asger wrapped his in toilet paper, and Bulgur that acted like desiccants to dry out his, and his worked. Give it a shot.

2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

fans552e670b Posted at 2017-9-12 04:19
Mine took almost exactly a week to get from NJ to CA. Guessing it went via the Oregon Trail or the Pony Express. Return shipping will take 4 days, and it is arriving tomorrow. Two weeks is reasonable, 3 weeks on the edge, 4 weeks is painful. The day I shipped mine back, I already saw the need for a backup device. If and when Spark refurbs get sold by DJI, I will be first in line.

Sorry for the long turn around, while the time frame of shipping is hard to control, we will try our best to shorten the repair time and improve our customer service to make your experience with us better in the future.
Please test the flight performance when it arrives and keep us updated if there is any further question, thanks.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Battle-Cat Posted at 2017-9-12 11:06
I just got the phone about a customer care person regarding the repair. They said that the reason they won't repair is because of corrosion. The drone fell in regular water (not sea water). I guess I'll take it back and try to clean it myself. I'll make sure to get the insurance next time I buy a drone.

I've seen you have requested the original drone to be sent back unrepaired, local team will try their best to ship it out, hope you will receive it soon. Sorry for the inconvenience caused and DJI Care Refresh is a good choice for this situation but please note that it will not cover lost. Please read clear about the policy and FAQ before purchasing.
2017-9-12
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
Thailand

Wachtberger Posted at 2017-9-12 08:23
Just to further clarify before confusion get's even bigger. Are you then the user who has started this thread formerly known as "fans34970935"?

you can find that out by yourself

click on the first posts Avatar-pic

I really think, a pic and nickname creating needs to be mandatory in this forums, during registration
;-]
2017-9-12
Use props
ASEPK
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35515 ft
Indonesia

Charles Adams Posted at 2017-9-11 17:34
I don't understand this case at all.  My understanding of DJI Care Refresh is that it includes up to two replacements within a year of purchase.  Additionally, "pilot error" is covered by this warranty.  Maybe we can have the DJI Moderators to look at the circumstances of this case.

thanks for your info
could we buy the dji care refresh after 2 month of bought?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

ASEPK Posted at 2017-9-12 19:16
thanks for your info
could we buy the dji care refresh after 2 month of bought?

If the drone has been activated over 48 hours, please take verification video to prove that your drone is still in good condition and then send it to djicare@dji.com for further assistance.
Here is the example of the video.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

fans552e670b Posted at 2017-9-11 14:01
I had DJI Refresh care. My Spark chopped its way upwards through a tree, until it mangled a rotor and crashed onto the street. One motor was clearly mangled and grinding, and one arm was cracked and hanging on. Quoted repair cost for me was around $98, for a new motor and body (and probably a few other things). I was surprised how reasonable the repair cost was. My only gripe is the glacial slowness. Expect about a month to get your baby back. If DJI wants more to fix than it costs to buy, I would just buy a new one (and get the service plan this time). My two cents.

I am glad the price was considered reasonable for you. We are trying to up the repair time. We appreciate your interest in DJI products.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-9-12 09:34
in my understanding:

Not true. Electronics with water = bad. Unfortunate reality for all of us drone pilots.
2017-9-13
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans34970935 Posted at 2017-9-11 19:26
Thank you all for your participation in this thread. From what I can gather, as soon as you hear "water damage", people seems to quickly say it is dead.
I let the drone dry up before turning it on. It turns on and pairs up with the remote correctly. The only error message is "battery error"; compass, IMU, ESC status and vision sensors indicate "normal", flight mode is "GPS".

DJI has consistently said that they do not suggest (They can't stop you) that you use a drone that has been submerged in water of any kind.  
They have also  consistently (many threads) refused to try and fix ANY drone that has been dunked, much like Apple has a built in way of finding out if an iPhone or iPad has been dunked and will not cover it under warranty.

Good Luck!
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sparky_17 Posted at 2017-9-12 05:16
That would me more sense in why the cost of repair is so high.  They are saying that you need a new spark plus an extra battery.  That is why I bought the DJI Care plan .. you should too going forward.

Sorry, that's my fault because I should add that the OP sent 3 batteries back, and we would suggest the customer change the batteries which needed. So that might because there were 2 batteries needed to be changed. So the invoice would add an extra battery.
2017-9-14
Use props
Battle-Cat
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-14 01:57
Sorry, that's my fault because I should add that the OP sent 3 batteries back, and we would suggest the customer change the batteries which needed. So that might because there were 2 batteries needed to be changed. So the invoice would add an extra battery.

Why would I need to change 2 batteries, only 1 went into the water? Did I get sold a malfunctioning battery?
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

In the case of this, it is more about the water damage and less about DJI Care. Some may suggest that an aircraft can be repaired in water damage but not really true.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Battle-Cat Posted at 2017-9-14 06:43
Why would I need to change 2 batteries, only 1 went into the water? Did I get sold a malfunctioning battery?

Did you receive the call from our colleague? Had you asked him/her to take a look at this situation? If no, I will forward to the related team to check and contact you again.
2017-9-15
Use props
Battle-Cat
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-15 03:51
Did you receive the call from our colleague? Had you asked him/her to take a look at this situation? If no, I will forward to the related team to check and contact you again.

Yes, he said it was a mistake from the technician. Unfortunately, this doesn't really help with my overall experience with DJi's tech support. Starting with your outsourced call center which just deflects you to the website. It is a bit troublesome that I had to escalate my complaint publicly just to get an explanation regarding my invoice; and the apparent mistake of being charged for an extra battery when it was not needed.
Why can't your tech support get me straight answers to begin with?
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Battle-Cat Posted at 2017-9-15 07:29
Yes, he said it was a mistake from the technician. Unfortunately, this doesn't really help with my overall experience with DJi's tech support. Starting with your outsourced call center which just deflects you to the website. It is a bit troublesome that I had to escalate my complaint publicly just to get an explanation regarding my invoice; and the apparent mistake of being charged for an extra battery when it was not needed.
Why can't your tech support get me straight answers to begin with?

Sorry for this case. For personally, I couldn't learn the whole process of this case, and I know there might be a lot of things we need to optimize. I will forward this to the proper department and improve our customer service. Since the drone was shipped, hope you can receive it soon. Appreciate your feedback and your patience.
2017-9-15
Use props
Battle-Cat
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-15 19:31
Sorry for this case. For personally, I couldn't learn the whole process of this case, and I know there might be a lot of things we need to optimize. I will forward this to the proper department and improve our customer service. Since the drone was shipped, hope you can receive it soon. Appreciate your feedback and your patience.

Ok, you guys really need to get your act together, my drone was returned with missing parts, the LED light under one of the motor.

picture
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Battle-Cat Posted at 2017-9-19 18:05
Ok, you guys really need to get your act together, my drone was returned with missing parts, the LED light under one of the motor.

We are so sorry for the unfortunate experience, we have contacted local repair team to look into, we will have someone to contact you later, please wait patiently.
We will learn from this case and improve our customer service. Apologize again for everything.
2017-9-19
Use props
fans46d6417f
New

Philippines

I sent in my DJI SPARK for repair to DJI repair center in Cerritos, CA. My Spark crashed into a tree and cracked it’s case a little bit open. It was repaired free of charge within 2 days and now it’s on it’s way back to me. Pretty good aftersales service of DJI!
2017-11-1
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans46d6417f Posted at 2017-11-1 16:45
I sent in my DJI SPARK for repair to DJI repair center in Cerritos, CA. My Spark crashed into a tree and cracked it’s case a little bit open. It was repaired free of charge within 2 days and now it’s on it’s way back to me. Pretty good aftersales service of DJI!

We are pleased to know the drone is on the way, thanks for your positive feedback.
Please test the flight performance when you receive it.
If there is any further problem, please keep us updated.
2017-11-1
Use props
djiuser_dIjLyIZeKnYy
New

United States

On my first flight I crashed and the arm cracked. Frame too. No insurance and passed 48 hours warranty. Any tips??.  
2019-1-14
Use props
djiuser_dIjLyIZeKnYy
New

United States

On my first flight I crashed and the arm cracked. Frame too. No insurance and passed 48 hours warranty. Any tips??.  
2019-1-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_dIjLyIZeKnYy Posted at 1-14 19:20

Hi there, sorry for the crash accident, please contact our support www.dji.com/support in working hours to start a ticket and send in the drone for the evaluation and repair service, our repair center will help you out, thank you.
2019-1-14
Use props
jhalter123
New

United States

You can get a refurb for about $279
2019-3-27
Use props
Jsmith2141
lvl.1
United States

Their service is terrible.