1698 13 2017-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans84b0d60f
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3304 ft
Australia

Hi folks

Not in a position to post an example just now but will try later today.

I have followed all of the tutorials and settled with the above settings. Today I was shooting on the coast in eastern Sydney and once I got home to grade the footage I noticed it is nearly not usable because of the amount of noise.

Settings used;
25fps
ISO 100
1/50
Sunny WB
+1,-1,-1
D-Log

I was using davinci resolve 14 on brand new highest spec 2017 iMac.

Really disappointed. This is probably only the 3rd or 4th time I have taken the mavic footage over to the iMac and wondering if I can return it.

2017-9-11
Use props
fans84b0d60f
lvl.1
Australia

Also was using NiSi ND32
2017-9-11
Use props
fans589cba4b
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12780633 ft
  • >>>
United States

not only that but its oversampling and the wiggly lines are everywhere. the footage is not suitable professionally, unless you downsize to 2.7k. if they had a better camera with better mbps that would solve many problems.
2017-9-11
Use props
Ex Machina
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

It's def not a pro camera, but you might try sharpening at zero to see if that works better for you. I think many who recommend +1 to capture also make sure to add blurring in post to reduce sharpening artifacts, of which enhanced noise and moiré would be examples.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Could you please upload an original video from the SD to Dropbox and paste the link here, we'll have a look into it. Thanks.
2017-9-11
Use props
fans84b0d60f
lvl.1
Australia

Thanks for the replies.

I get what you are saying about 2.7k but I bought it to record in 4k.

I have tried using the neat video plugin but to be honest it helps a little bit not enough, and a pain of a workflow.

I will upload a link to the footage straight from the SD when I get home from work this evening.

I bought this drone with greater expectations in mind, it was expensive and I just want it to work. If I had known there would have been so many mavic issues out there I would have paid the little extra for the P4P.

Hopefully we can get this sorted.
2017-9-11
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Isn't Dlog fixed to iso 500?
2017-9-11
Use props
SydneyMavic
lvl.1
Australia

dancopter Posted at 2017-9-11 22:25
Isn't Dlog fixed to iso 500?

if it is its the first i have heard, i would be highly surprised if that was the case.

Please see link to 2 videos shot at the weekend.

these are straight from the card, no post. same settings as above. focused correctly before each shot.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/dtgv2ohdp8jhamk/DJI_0022.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/57j4tcuojy2vzax/DJI_0024.MOV?dl=0
2017-9-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

saying it isn't a pro camera isn't even true.  what make a camera a pro camera is the person using it.  a pro may not want to use a camera because it is annoying in some way or is counter intuitive or something..  

but what makes the camera pro is the person using it will never change.. i bet if i put my Sony A7SII in some of the people heres hands which by the way is a fantastically pro level camera, 99% of the people would pulling off most ameture shots ever ever taken with a $2,000+ camera body with a $2000+ lens.  

yes the cameras on the Mavic is little weaker thanks to interestingly strong compression/noise reduction methods, but i have gotten it to work well for me.. im not calling myself pro, i just found work works for me.. ND 8 PL filter, iso 100- 600, shutter speed around 2x that of frame rate, adjust exposure compensation then after, D-cinelike, +1 +1 -1, C4K, .MOV

2017-9-12
Use props
dancopter
lvl.4
Flight distance : 17901030 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

SydneyMavic Posted at 2017-9-12 14:31
if it is its the first i have heard, i would be highly surprised if that was the case.

The Inspire and P4P Dlog is locked to iso500 from what I can understand, is guess Mavic is the same?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-93813-1-1.html
2017-9-12
Use props
Isigeda
lvl.2
Hong Kong

dancopter Posted at 2017-9-12 21:47
The Inspire and P4P Dlog is locked to iso500 from what I can understand, is guess Mavic is the same?

https://forum.dji.com/thread-93813-1-1.html

Mavic is not as i know
2017-9-13
Use props
SydneyMavic
lvl.1
Australia

Did you get a chance to review footage dji guy?

I went to the retailer yesterday where I purchased it. I. At. E able to exchange it for a P4P. Do you think it's worth the swap.

I love the portability, but what good is it if the footage is rubbish
2017-9-13
Use props
Aardvark
Second Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

SydneyMavic Posted at 2017-9-12 14:31

Can I ask what you see wrong with these video files ?

I've downloaded both and viewed on my 4k monitor, and apart from looking like D-Log files needing processed I can't see much wrong with them. No skipping, no artifacts, no moire pattern. Playback is smooth.

Edit:- I've just noticed you said noisy, I'll have a re-run...

Looks OK to me

In DJI_0024 the guy almost hooked you with his fishing line @ 52 seconds...

2017-9-13
Use props
Ribeiro
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2950994 ft
Brazil

I´m not an expert but I shot several hours of video D-log with the Mavic and these look normal to me. The 4k video at 60Mbps and the interframe situation create de "noise" and flicker. If DJI wants to add a useful feature to a new firmware update would be to correct these two issues. Otherwise the P4P has better video (but also with some flicker and give up on portability) or wait to a Mavic  Pro 2. I also think that other profiles such as Normal or true color appear to have less noise, but I did not test enough.
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules