Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New at this can not activate my drone PS3
1950 18 2017-9-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

I have installed the DJO GO app for the P3. i can connect to the p3. i run threw activation connected to the P3. I get to activate and switch to home wifi. Then hit activate It trys to then send a message you must be connected to the internet to activate please check your connection. I have very good wifi but when i switch to it to activate i get that message not understanding why. the phone has great wifi. Connecting to the P3 is not a problem i have shut off all apps, allowed all apps im signed in but no go. why wont the app see or use my wifi connection to activate the drone . i am so confused have been at this all week . have uninstalled dji go and reinstalled a few times dji go app did update itself last night but made no difference. Or is wifi not going to work only mobile data?  Is this because i have to stay signed into the drone's wifi. i have watched many vides where everyone is signing into dji wifi then to activate the switch to wifi and activate. Also my phone has no data or sim card if this makes a difference. Very confused here Thanks,

2017-9-11
Use props
ALABAMA
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

Having  a "no internet connection " message on the p3s is normal . Just activate with your phone and you're done.
2017-9-11
Use props
Epicdoom
lvl.4
Flight distance : 340620 ft
United States

I was fortunate and didn't have that issue. but have see this issue come up a bit with the same suggestion Alabama stated.
2017-9-11
Use props
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

ALABAMA Posted at 2017-9-11 14:47
Having  a "no internet connection " message on the p3s is normal . Just activate with your phone and you're done.

Thank you.  i guess ill have to get a straight talk set up on the phone and see if this will do it it does show a little box saying activate with phone data or use your wifi. i slide it to wifi but still nothing.. so i think ill get a straight talk put on it and see if this cures it.
2017-9-11
Use props
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

Epicdoom Posted at 2017-9-11 14:53
I was fortunate and didn't have that issue. but have see this issue come up a bit with the same suggestion Alabama stated.

I see a lot of people asking the same but not many solutions. I am gonna try ALABAMA's suggestion see how it goes.Thanks.
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please keep us posted whether it works when connecting with mobile internet.
2017-9-11
Use props
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-11 18:59
Please keep us posted whether it works when connecting with mobile internet.

Hi Thanks i am still not getting anywhere even with mobile data it still trys to connect to the internet it gives me no options to use mobile data? But i found this  but i didnt think it could be done with the P3S..
3.        Attach the lightning cable from the transmitter to your  device.  (The "Camera" tab will now be blue as your device is plugged into the transmitter and detected.?
        3.        Attach the lightning cable from the transmitter to your iOS device.  (The "Camera" tab will now be blue as your device is plugged into the transmitter and detected.)
        4.        You will now need to activate the Phantom 3.  Tap "Next" to continue.
        5.        Choose a name for the aircraft, then tap the "Continue>" button.
        6.        Next, it will allow you to choose the Control Mode.  We recommend that you use the Mode 2 (Default) as it is the standard & tap the "Continue >"button.
        7.        Leave the Customizable Buttons as is and tap the "Continue >" button.
        8.        Choose your preferred unit and video output readings and tap the "Continue >" button.
        9.        Next, it will ask if you would like to stay in "Beginner Mode."  If you are a beginner, we highly recommend that you stay in this mode and practice flying first.  If not, turn off "Beginner Mode" and tap the "Continue >" button.
        10.        Sign in using your DJI credentials or create an account if you have do not have one.    Tap "Connect to Server" to continue.  Tap "Activate" to register the drone under your account.
*Now number 10 says sign into your dji account but i did that in dji go app? is there something i am missing here. This says IOS but i am android... I am sorry it took me sometime to reply i have been at this all day everyday. just want to fly..  what would the lightining cable do will it work or am i miss reading it this is the full link. https://forum.dji.com/thread-80223-1-1.html   .5th one down. Thank You.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_hkRfWXX Posted at 2017-9-12 21:20
Hi Thanks i am still not getting anywhere even with mobile data it still trys to connect to the internet it gives me no options to use mobile data? But i found this  but i didnt think it could be done with the P3S..
3.        Attach the lightning cable from the transmitter to your  device.  (The "Camera" tab will now be blue as your device is plugged into the transmitter and detected.?
        3.        Attach the lightning cable from the transmitter to your iOS device.  (The "Camera" tab will now be blue as your device is plugged into the transmitter and detected.)

There are several differences:

1. For P3S, the mobile and controller connected via WiFi. And P3P connected via USB cable.
2. As for Step 10, it requires to bind with your DJI account, please input your email address, disable the RC WiFi, and enable the home WiFi/mobile internet to activate. It is very important.

It still no helps, please change another recommended to try. I would recommend to switch to IOS devices for double check.
2017-9-13
Use props
stuka75
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85682 ft
United States

When you connect to the p3"s wifi, your phone/tablet drops its normal wifi connection(home, etc) and connects to the P3 wifi. The no internet message is just the phone telling you its no longer connected to the internet. Ignore that. And follow instructions on the app. At some point you will have to do number two as DJI Susan states above.
Luck
2017-9-13
Use props
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-13 02:02
There are several differences:

1. For P3S, the mobile and controller connected via WiFi. And P3P connected via USB cable.

Thank you. I did get a little further. it now will let me open camera then says home point updated check maps. i even calibrated it.  wont fly .  PLEASE ACTIVATE . I Have done the process as i have been told to.  It just wont acknoledge it is actually connected to my home wifi. but when hitting activate no internet and wont let me go any further and no kind of error codes. Maybe home wifi does not work so well?  I am going to see if i can borrow an ios and see if it works threw that with data. I really appreciate everyone's help .
2017-9-13
Use props
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

stuka75 Posted at 2017-9-13 18:06
When you connect to the p3"s wifi, your phone/tablet drops its normal wifi connection(home, etc) and connects to the P3 wifi. The no internet message is just the phone telling you its no longer connected to the internet. Ignore that. And follow instructions on the app. At some point you will have to do number two as DJI Susan states above.
Luck

Thanks  i did get camera to work? one thing got done.. in camera it says latest firmware? i do ignore it nut it still ask to connect to wifi to activate and it wont.  drone connects fine strong signal. just not home wifi seems maybe i cant use home wifi for some reason probably do to the phone. So i am going to try to find some one with an ios and see if i can get it activated that way. Thanks i appreciate all help.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_hkRfWXX Posted at 2017-9-13 21:21
Thanks  i did get camera to work? one thing got done.. in camera it says latest firmware? i do ignore it nut it still ask to connect to wifi to activate and it wont.  drone connects fine strong signal. just not home wifi seems maybe i cant use home wifi for some reason probably do to the phone. So i am going to try to find some one with an ios and see if i can get it activated that way. Thanks i appreciate all help.

Make sure you can connect the Wi Fi to your phone. You can do that in the settings area of the mobile device.
2017-9-14
Use props
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-14 09:41
Make sure you can connect the Wi Fi to your phone. You can do that in the settings area of the mobile device.

i can connect to to wifi on phone great connection. but the app wont allow a connection ? it says no internet connection. got me stumped.!
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_hkRfWXX Posted at 2017-9-14 11:44
i can connect to to wifi on phone great connection. but the app wont allow a connection ? it says no internet connection. got me stumped.!

Please review this video.
2017-9-14
Use props
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-14 11:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wBDW49uvN6w

Please review this video.

Thank you but i finally got it?
2017-9-15
Use props
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

djiuser_hkRfWXX Posted at 2017-9-15 18:12
Thank you but i finally got it?

I wanted to let everyone know i finally got it. Went got a refurb iphone se set it up connected to dji go app and activated it in 20 seconds. With blades off i hit start and the motors fired up. Now i have to figure out all these setting i keep getting atti mode. simple im sure i was so anxious to get it activated i havent did all my reading. Everyone has been super great in trying to assist me i was not bashed like on other sites i was helped respected and i appreciate each and everyone of you for all your input. I did learn one thing inside isnt so good interference. I have 6 ORION HCCA subwoofers in my living room and they were definitely messing with the drone   BECAUSE AFTER I STARTED MOTORS IT SHUT DOWN   went out side no problem  when i went out side it didnt say heavy magnetization any more.. So usefull to know stay away from BIG magnets. Havent flown as i just got it all going and not going in the dark i want to but no no.lol Again thank you all i greatly appreciate yous putting up with me.. Thank so much, I am sure ill be back with questions.lol PEACE.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

djiuser_hkRfWXX Posted at 2017-9-15 18:12
I wanted to let everyone know i finally got it. Went got a refurb iphone se set it up connected to dji go app and activated it in 20 seconds. With blades off i hit start and the motors fired up. Now i have to figure out all these setting i keep getting atti mode. simple im sure i was so anxious to get it activated i havent did all my reading. Everyone has been super great in trying to assist me i was not bashed like on other sites i was helped respected and i appreciate each and everyone of you for all your input. I did learn one thing inside isnt so good interference. I have 6 ORION HCCA subwoofers in my living room and they were definitely messing with the drone   BECAUSE AFTER I STARTED MOTORS IT SHUT DOWN   went out side no problem  when i went out side it didnt say heavy magnetization any more.. So usefull to know stay away from BIG magnets. Havent flown as i just got it all going and not going in the dark i want to but no no.lol Again thank you all i greatly appreciate yous putting up with me.. Thank so much, I am sure ill be back with questions.lol PEACE.

Well, it is all about the knowledge, nothing more. We appreciate you sharing with us what worked best for you. Happy flying.
2017-9-16
Use props
djiuser_hkRfWXX
lvl.1
United States

DJI-Mark Posted at 2017-9-16 04:07
Well, it is all about the knowledge, nothing more. We appreciate you sharing with us what worked best for you. Happy flying.

Thanks much Been practicing a few days now  A little easier then one would think but i am getting the hang of it can land it perfectly by hand. good start i suppose.lol
2017-9-18
Use props
Cetacean
First Officer
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_hkRfWXX Posted at 2017-9-18 18:00
Thanks much Been practicing a few days now  A little easier then one would think but i am getting the hang of it can land it perfectly by hand. good start i suppose.lol

Aloha djiuser_hkRfWXX,

Be sure to go back and edit your thread title to say [Solved].  That way others can look and see what you did to solve your problem.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-9-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules