Auto land after period of time?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
badincited
lvl.1
United States

Is there anyway to setup a auto home landing after a period of time or when the battery gets low? The reason im asking is I am in a wedding and I was wondering if I could set my phantom 4 advanced up to hover and record at a specific location then auto land at a home point when its done.
2017-9-11
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

You can definitely set it to return home after the battery level gets below a predetermined percentage.  Once it gets below that percentage, it'll initiate its return-to-home feature and land where it took off.
2017-9-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TN Lone Wolf Posted at 2017-9-11 18:23
You can definitely set it to return home after the battery level gets below a predetermined percentage.  Once it gets below that percentage, it'll initiate its return-to-home feature and land where it took off.

'Once it gets below that percentage, it'll initiate its return-to-home feature and land where it took off.'

As long as it is more than 20 metres away from where it took off. Often that is difficult to do in wedding photography.
2017-9-11
Use props
TN Lone Wolf
lvl.3
Flight distance : 963251 ft
United States

Hm, I wasn't aware of the 20 meter limitation.
2017-9-11
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

TN Lone Wolf Posted at 2017-9-11 18:53
Hm, I wasn't aware of the 20 meter limitation.

You are not alone, but it is actually mentioned in all manuals. If the aircraft is within 20 metres of the home point, and RTH is intiated, the aircraft will land where it is and not return to the home point.
2017-9-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Stay very aware of your return to home height setting.

Be sure you are not going to crash into any obstacles around you, when it ascends to the RTH height and heads home.
You could set it to hover and land instead of heading back to a predetermined spot.

RedHotPoker
2017-9-11
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

There is no setting for auto landing at the moment. The drone will initiate low battery RTH when the remaining battery is only enough for RTH. Please kindly refer to our user's manual at page 16. Like Geebax mentioned, there are also some tips you need to take notice about, you can learn it on page 17. Should you have any other questions, please feel free to let us know, we and all users around are glad to help.
2017-9-11
Use props
Nigel_
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388642 ft
United Kingdom

Sounds like you want to leave it hovering unattended with no pilot while you do other things?

That is a really bad idea, what if some children start playing on the landing spot?
Or maybe some large birds come to drive it off and cause it to crash onto the wedding guests?
Or it looses the GPS signal?  
Or ...
2017-9-12
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

By default It is set to "land immediately" at 10% battery.  You can change the setting from "land" to "return to home" and choose what % of battery you wish for the drone to return. or land.  The recommendation is 25% battery.
2017-9-12
Use props
Capt Whitefoot
lvl.3

United States

By default It is set to "land immediately" at 10% battery.  You can change the setting from "land" to "return to home" and choose what % of battery you wish for the drone to return. or land.  The recommendation is 25% battery.
2017-9-12
Use props
badincited
lvl.1
United States

Okay awesome, I had tried running the battery down yesterday to see if it would return to home but I was within the 20 meters so it just initialized the landing sequence where it was.
2017-9-12
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

That would be a great feature, but I would be scared if lands somewhere I dont know or not easy accessable.
2017-9-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules