Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Spark Compass error in flight , exit-gps
11398 96 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
Captain
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

The camera problem is because of sport mode, it is not built for that.
2018-1-4
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1240358 ft
Russia

I'm start in this area, but in the city will be SIGNIFICANTLY worse IMHO. Try next week at home (Moscow).
Dron doesn't straight direction constantly (start rotation after ~2-3 seconds). Not only camera problem. Doesn't have any bluetooth device and inteference items around.

ps. In the field a lot of clay

Maybe problem is here?

s-l400.jpg
2018-1-4
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.4
Russia

New problem: "Warning: Motor Obstructed"
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

Mishanki Posted at 2018-1-5 02:50

I suggest you start a new thread with both of your problems. That way it will be also noticed by DJI support staff here and other users.
2018-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9812789 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Mishanki Posted at 2018-1-4 07:14
I still have problem with compass: airdate, black box. Almost every day. Sometimes mistakes happen far in the field. Sometimes not far from me. Spark rotates a little counter-clockwise or GPS Weak signal. Turns if it's a long time to fly straight.
I calibrated in the field repeatedly.
p.s. 2. no error message before take off . - same.

Hi Mishanki, looking at your video/log, a couple of things in the video you are flying quite low also in sports mode, flying over the surface which is grass and light is not great , this will impact on VPS ability to hold or lock on to surface so may cause that drift right at the end of your flight.
Regarding compass problems these are most certainly caused by some magnetic interference as we see what is fairly common now starts with magnetic yaw then compass problems then followed by IMU heading off, IMU heading off is caused by compass pulling off in a different direction than controller is commanding so IMU cannot hold Aircraft at correct attitude so you get a warning about exception heading.

What I would do first is an IMU calibration you have to do this on a very level surface check this with a sprit level before doing IMU. I would also do a RC calibration.

Then I would go to a completely different location as Watchberger said, calibrate compass make sure no metal objects near by watches phones rings cars, no concrete etc No remote control within 5 metres and calibrate compass.

I will leave link for you to try testing before you fly on a mission and also when testing test above 32ft.
2018-1-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mishanki Posted at 2018-1-5 02:50

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... &fromuid=260008

Below is just telling you how IMU works and effects your aircraft.

IMU "Inertial measurement unit" .

As far as I see it, IMU calibration on a level surface updates a table of values the flight controller software uses as a reference for a level stationary hover. From there the craft responds predictably to flight commands.  It also likely measures any sensor noise and thermal drift so that these technical imperfections are accounted for when using IMU sensor data in flight. - this is likely why there must be no vibrations during the calibration process.

Bad IMU calibration could cause drift and attitude issues as the flight controller fights to hold the craft in what it thinks is the correct attitude as opposed to the correct physical attitude.

The IMU usually has 2 types of sensors – angle and acceleration and in turn 3 sensors of each type measuring in the X,Y and Z axis. These sensors can, through vibration, aging, impact etc, drift in their response over time and thus an IMU calibration will establish a new reference for the IMU’s level/stationary state that the flight controller can work with to restore stable flight.

Think of calibration as the bringing back into line the measured craft attitude with the true physical craft attitude.

As to how often an IMU calibration is needed, Refer to your manual ; certainly after any impact or if there are suspicions the craft can’t hover in a level attitude in a windless environment
2018-1-5
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-5 03:57
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=104222&fromuid=260008

Below is just telling you how IMU works and effects your aircraft.

Thank you very much hallmark007, great advice as always!
2018-1-5
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.4
Russia

Thanks! Try...  
2018-1-5
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.4
Russia

Recalibrate IMU without propellers, but problem stay. No straight direction. Like in this video.
2018-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mishanki Posted at 2018-1-7 04:32
Recalibrate IMU without propellers, but problem stay. No straight direction. Like in this video.https://youtu.be/IlIyM67R4ME

Why are you testing at such low altitude, yes it still looks like you may be having a problem, but if you test at higher altitude you can eliminate some potential problems.

I.E. if your spark is flying ok at 50ft but not at 30 ft then it is likely a problem with VPS, also check IMU settings in app and go through checking procedure to see if when Aircraft is hovering it is holding a good horizontal.
2018-1-7
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.4
Russia

Test diff altitude. Problem stay. Last fly show IMU error and switch to ATTI mode. How to perfect calibrate IMU? I think need flat surface with perfectly level?

2018-1-7
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mishanki Posted at 2018-1-7 05:44
Test diff altitude. Problem stay. Last fly show IMU error and switch to ATTI mode. How to perfect calibrate IMU? I think need flat surface with perfectly level?

Yes you need perfect level use spirit level.
2018-1-7
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.4
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-7 05:53

Calibrate with spirit level. Tomorrow check again. Thanks.
2018-1-7
Use props
fans7edd9865
New
Flight distance : 7077 ft
United States

How does one download the flight log?    I'm a noobie and I'm having compass errors and magnetic -field interference issues almost immediately after take-off and have no idea how to start to debug this.      My Spark won't fly very far before it stops with these errors and hovers ......   My running the DJI Go 4 on an iPhone 5.    I'm taking off in an open area - no electric lines, telephone poles, etc.   

Thanks

2018-1-7
Use props
Mishanki
lvl.4
Russia

hallmark007 Posted at 2018-1-7 05:53

Today recalibrate compass and has better total result with perfect IMU.
2018-1-8
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mishanki Posted at 2018-1-8 00:23
Today recalibrate compass and has better total result with perfect IMU.

Good job , safe flying.
2018-1-8
Use props
Wachtberger
Captain
Germany

fans7edd9865 Posted at 2018-1-7 08:53
How does one download the flight log?    I'm a noobie and I'm having compass errors and magnetic -field interference issues almost immediately after take-off and have no idea how to start to debug this.      My Spark won't fly very far before it stops with these errors and hovers ......   My running the DJI Go 4 on an iPhone 5.    I'm taking off in an open area - no electric lines, telephone poles, etc.   

Thanks

Your flightrecord is in a DJI subfolder on your mobile device. You may upload it to this site http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/ and share the link with us. But better start a new thread with it, here it might get overlooked.
2018-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules