Empty port and screw on Inspire 1. Need help to identify.
1012 9 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
techguy92
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3626631 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello,

I been searching for answers on this so I thought I'd post. I am trying to find out what these 2 are. See photos below.  Basically, I traded my P4 for an Inspire that needed new parts.  As I disassembled it, I found a couple head-scratchers.  First one is an empty port on the nose section. The second one is an empty screw (2 photos provided with the Gimbal plate on and off).  Can someone help me identify why they are for? Accessories or future parts?

Botom is for gimbal, I know.

Botom is for gimbal, I know.

With the Gimbal Plate on.

With the Gimbal Plate on.

Without the Gimbal plate on.

Without the Gimbal plate on.

2017-9-12
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

Not 100% sure on this , but I believe I heard the empty port was for DJI to program the Main board on the AC and the Blind nut was used for the old X3 vibration mount  ( it was a dodgy piece of kit from what I have heard , lots of vibration )  .  I do know the Screw is not used for the X3 camera or/ X5 camera or vibration board .  

The only other function is perhaps a jig screw to check the alignment when assembling the AC.  Like said not sure but gave you me 2 cents !

At least you know you are not missing nothing !!

donnie
2017-9-12
Use props
techguy92
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-12 06:51
Not 100% sure on this , but I believe I heard the empty port was for DJI to program the Main board on the AC and the Blind nut was used for the old X3 vibration mount  ( it was a dodgy piece of kit from what I have heard , lots of vibration )  .  I do know the Screw is not used for the X3 camera or/ X5 camera or vibration board .  

The only other function is perhaps a jig screw to check the alignment when assembling the AC.  Like said not sure but gave you me 2 cents !

Thanks so much for the quick reply Donnie. You're right, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing any parts. I am expecting the new parts today and wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything. And speaking of replacement parts, I am a bit regretful because I ordered new 1345s props and mounts, and realized there are new an updated ones.  I hope I am still fine, esp because after googling, I am seeing problems with "play" on the red prop on the latest 1345LS mount.
2017-9-12
Use props
Mark Guille
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

You traded your P4 for a broken I1? Dude! I hope the P4 was broken.
On to the other headscratchers, The empty port is just that and the same goes for the empty screw hole. I just checked mine.

Mark G.

2017-9-12
Use props
techguy92
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-12 07:03
You traded your P4 for a broken I1? Dude! I hope the P4 was broken.
On to the other headscratchers, The empty port is just that and the same goes for the empty screw hole. I just checked mine.

Right!? The P4 is actually in mint condition with plenty accessories, but I've always wanted an Inspire so I am pretty happy with the trade.  Thanks for confirming the empty port/screw hole!
2017-9-12
Use props
Aeromirage
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have worked on several Inspires and both the port and screw hole were always empty. You're not missing anything.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

No worries, these two parts are always like that, you didn't miss anything.
2017-9-12
Use props
Donnie *
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

techguy92 Posted at 2017-9-12 07:00
Thanks so much for the quick reply Donnie. You're right, I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing any parts. I am expecting the new parts today and wanted to be sure I wasn't missing anything. And speaking of replacement parts, I am a bit regretful because I ordered new 1345s props and mounts, and realized there are new an updated ones.  I hope I am still fine, esp because after googling, I am seeing problems with "play" on the red prop on the latest 1345LS mount.

I still use the original set up of props and locks because I  ordered several when I first received my kit. Keep a keen eye on the prop locks for sure , any cracks or damage here could be disastrous .  I swap my props and locks out at least every 6 months .

cheers

donnie
2017-9-13
Use props
RBPsiuDrone
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Donnie * Posted at 2017-9-13 04:29
I still use the original set up of props and locks because I  ordered several when I first received my kit. Keep a keen eye on the prop locks for sure , any cracks or damage here could be disastrous .  I swap my props and locks out at least every 6 months .

cheers

Thanks Donnie, this really helps.
2017-9-14
Use props
RBPsiuDrone
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Thanks everyone for the prompt replies, these really help.  Now I can rest easy as these are apparently normal. :-)
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules