Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wachtberger
First Officer
Flight distance : 261509 ft
Germany

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-9-21 04:43
I can confirm something:
After flying today 2 batteries in Hamburg at the location of the Stones-concert some days ago, I have mixed results.
First flight, about 250m,45m height,  connection losses and auto RTH

Not bad at all, well done! If we only could achieve such results in a reliable manner at most times, all could be happy. Even 300 meters but fully reliable would be enough...
2017-9-21
Use props
Jr 5542
lvl.3
United States

I was able to push 10100 ft with just the wifi on 5.8 but ran low on battery. I'm very pleased with the range I'm getting
2017-9-21
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Well at least that's two of us! My problems are legion
2017-9-21
Use props
fans9ea9c44f
lvl.4
Flight distance : 22129 ft
United Kingdom

Rc to tablet working fine till 2 days ago. Now competely useless. Tried another, same. Connection to phone recovered but for how long.
Connection via otg ok, but distance and height capped.
Disconnects and signal loss all the time.
There is no chance whatsoever of forking out for a spark 2 as well.
2017-9-21
Use props
JMR58
Second Officer
Flight distance : 627966 ft
  • >>>
Belgium

Almost 500m, not any further, wifi 5.8 still full video streaming, sitting higher (10m) on a dune, flying over sea, RC, iphone 7, no cables or extra antennas, it is possible.
Dji app choses wifi channel, i didn't dare to try 2.4 Ghz, everything is goiing well so far.

IMG_1731.jpg
2017-9-21
Use props
DJI Elektra
DJI team
Hong Kong

fans9ea9c44f Posted at 2017-9-21 08:50
Rc to tablet working fine till 2 days ago. Now competely useless. Tried another, same. Connection to phone recovered but for how long.
Connection via otg ok, but distance and height capped.
Disconnects and signal loss all the time.

Any error message from the app? Is your drone and RC the latest version?
Please try to reset your wifi and change a wide place without interference to fly your spark.
In addition, you should not shield the antenna during the flight. Thanks for support.
2017-9-22
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2017-9-24
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Germany

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-24 10:59
Your controller is FCC, therefore much more powerful than the CE version. However if you try the same in a more populated area, I bet you will have connection issues al, the same...

Have a nice day.

I dont see different FCC and CE Controller, really.
Because I assume the firmware is switching the Power settings by coordinates.I got everytime this message at drone startup and connecting it to go4.
setting.png

And yes, I experienced some limitations, but more or less they where by law regulation, I think.
And by overzised NFZ in the dji database.
Firmware related.
I think Hamburg isnt the best area to fly to the limits, anyway.
I have used the DFS App and figured, they may be a bit more in charge for the limits as the DJI guys, for Germany.
And in special for Hamburg, which is a controlled airspace, all of the town area.
With a max 50m height limit. And sometimes not even a 100m circle opportunity, to fly there. So I may not be able to confirm the max distances by RC/Wifi limitations

But I got 500m, I got a couple of 2-300 m, all in 45m max altitude, also I got some RTH in just 100m or even less.

I will check on pics and screenshots in about a week, to try to find a pattern, which limits where CE related and which firmware related for legal reasons.
In the end the trip to Hamburg and to fly the drone there  in a park midtown, but also in the harbour area and in Blankenese at the elbe, may help me to understand a bit more about the nfz thing.
And how to bend the nfz limits ;-)

2017-9-25
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2017-9-25
Use props
Nonesuch
lvl.3
Flight distance : 5754564 ft
  • >>>
Slovenia

520 m - CE, 2,4 GHz, OTG, iOS
2017-9-26
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
China

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-25 19:14
Do me a favor and check YouTube for Spark FCC Controller. If you bought your drone outside EU, the RC has more power, therefore a stronger signal. People is hacking EU remotes to get the drone to “believe” it is in the USA... obviously this voids the warranty.

If I recall correctly you are from Indonesia? If so your controller is definitely FCC. In that case you will get a better range even with our EU limitations.

I think, we have different opinions about FCC or CE Controller. I assume, it is a firmware thing, controlled by the GPS position. Even here in China now, I get the "region changed,  output set accordingly to local regulations". As is the hack a software thing, to put the RC in FCC only mode. Which makes me believe, the RC hardware is in fact the same. I can be wrong with that, but electronics works mostly that way, dont you think? And I am neither from Indonesia, nor from Thailand. I just bought my Spark in Thailand. ;-)
2017-9-27
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

S-e-ven Posted at 2017-9-27 10:38
I think, we have different opinions about FCC or CE Controller. I assume, it is a firmware thing, controlled by the GPS position. Even here in China now, I get the "region changed,  output set accordingly to local regulations". As is the hack a software thing, to put the RC in FCC only mode. Which makes me believe, the RC hardware is in fact the same. I can be wrong with that, but electronics works mostly that way, dont you think? And I am neither from Indonesia, nor from Thailand. I just bought my Spark in Thailand. ;-)

You are right, they are physically the same RC units.  It is software based, GPS control that auto sets the region and therefore the compliance and list of frequencies/bands. That is why some people can't get 5.8GHz at all as illegal to use in their country, others can't pass several hundred metres whilst others reach literally miles and all with exactly the same remote controller...
2017-9-27
Use props
El Diablo
Second Officer

Greece

2017-9-27
Use props
JCStorbeck
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16502930 ft
  • >>>
United States

I am in the USA and was able to fly Spark out to 8031 feet (2.45 KM) away from me over water today using OTG cable and the RC.  Total flight distance on that flight was 21,792 feet in 13 minutes max altitude (I am at sea level was 216 feet.  When I reached 8031 feet I had over 60% battery left.  I had no warnings, drops or periods where I wasn't talking clearly with Spark.   The only thing off spec is my RC which won't update to the latest version 01.00.0400 I've tried with multiple devices to do the firmware update but it stops at 5% and beeps for a long time then the controller quits trying.  Perhaps the firmware update is limiting distance?  I felt like I could have gone further out, but I need to save some record setting for another flight.  
2017-9-27
Use props
GuyCobb
New
Flight distance : 426188 ft
United States

Just returned my spark yesterday due to signal loss at only 700ft distance is a relatively open area as well as a few issues with reliability. I was really hoping it would work out and I was willing to live with the lesser specs of the spark compared to my mavic. But the limited range, horribly choppy live feed and iffy reliability.....I sadly returned it and will be keeping my mavic which has been rock solid. I loved the spark’s size.
2017-9-27
Use props
Javey
lvl.4
Flight distance : 503458 ft
United States

Farthest I've gone is 733 meters so far
2017-9-27
Use props
S-e-ven
First Officer
  • >>>
China

El Diablo Posted at 2017-9-27 12:40
You could be right, I haven’t access to other remotes besides mine...

Are you Chinese? If positive, is your name Mao? I have a friend in BMW with that name that also owns a Spark

Nope, not at all Asian.
I only fly around in their area.Now also with a Spark

greatwall101.jpg

2017-9-28
Use props
djiuser_KVusG3RWTML9
New
Flight distance : 17277 ft
Australia

I am very new to this but i have just purchased a DJI Spark and 3rd go it went to 660m on 5.8ghz. Located in Australia.
2018-3-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules