Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
"individual unlock not accepted in your current region"
930 14 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Des_B
Second Officer
Flight distance : 129600 ft
United Kingdom

Hello All,

I have my CAA pfco flying test  this Thursday 14th.

The NQE testing location is within the RAF Benson MATZ. This is declared a restricted red zone by DJI and I will not be able to fly the I2 there.

I emailed DJI Flysafe with my requirement to have this zone opened for me on the test day, they responded by sending me the link to the individual unlock area of the DJI Geo web site.

Unfortunately when I tried it, I received a message stating :

"Online applications are not accepted in your current region due to local  laws and regulations. Please send your unlocking request to Flysafe@dji.co"

Can anyone tell me what local laws or regulations in the U.K. prevent online unlocking applications?

I have responded to DJI support and referred them to the location  information, date, and airframe and controller serial numbers given in  my initial email.

I have passed my theory and my ops manual has been approved, so this is the only thing still outstanding for my CAA application.

Des

2017-9-12
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Jersey

I would talk to your instructor/examiner, it seems odd that they want you to take your test there, you'd think they would have known about this.

Mark G.
2017-9-12
Use props
Des_B
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-12 08:02
I would talk to your instructor/examiner, it seems odd that they want you to take your test there, you'd think they would have known about this.

Mark G.

Thanks for your reply Mark,

the company`s location is within the MATZ of RAF Benson, Benson is aware of the flight tests  that have been carried out there for some years ( Altitude restricted to 32M) and has no objection.

Regards

Des
2017-9-12
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

Hiya Des,

Are you taking your PFT with Aerial Motion Pictures? If so, there is a guy on this forum called "Upthedowns" that did his PfCO training there, could be worth firing him a PM. If not the guys at AMP will show you the process for unlocking NFZ's. Probably easier/quicker than trying to get info out of a help desk in China (no offense DJI).

Mark G.
2017-9-12
Use props
Des_B
Second Officer
United Kingdom

Mark Guille Posted at 2017-9-12 08:44
Hiya Des,

Are you taking your PFT with Aerial Motion Pictures? If so, there is a guy on this forum called "Upthedowns" that did his PfCO training there, could be worth firing him a PM. If not the guys at AMP will show you the process for unlocking NFZ's. Probably easier/quicker than trying to get info out of a help desk in China (no offense DJI).

Cheers Mark,

it would appear that you can normally do this online in the individual unlock area, however i got the message which infers I cannot do this from the U.K.

So it looks like I will be dependant on the help desk.

I suspect the Benson MATZ was updated as a No Fly Zone on the last firmware upgrade, so if Upthedowns took his test before then, there would probably not be an issue.

I will PM and check with him any way.

Thanks

Des
2017-9-12
Use props
Altitude Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

When I did my PFAW (PfCO) a few years ago the cable from the RC to my iPad dicided to stop working and I lost connection to the app.

I told the examiner that I'd lost connection to all video feed and telemetry - he asked if could complete the exam without it and the answer was yes.

I'm not 100% if you can fly the I2 without using the app. I flew an I1 at the time, now fly an I2 but have never tired.

If you can then I think you should be able to take the exam just flying from the RC in ATTI with using the app at all.

Distance measuring would be an issue but they had cones as markers when I did it. I was told that I could only look at the app for a few seconds because the test is for VLOS. The only real issue I can think of is the safety aspect of not having a live battery update. You would check the batteries before takeoff though so that should be cool.

Might work
2017-9-12
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-9-12 11:13
When I did my PFAW (PfCO) a few years ago the cable from the RC to my iPad dicided to stop working and I lost connection to the app.

I told the examiner that I'd lost connection to all video feed and telemetry - he asked if could complete the exam without it and the answer was yes.

Good Idea, I had the same problem, took my PFT with no app, the only issue I can see now since the last FW  update would be that if you're not logged into the app, you will be restricted to 30m alt and 50m distance. Should still be possible.

Mark G.
2017-9-12
Use props
Altitude Drones
First Officer
Flight distance : 1488520 ft
United Kingdom

I'm just wondering if you don't use the app at all how the I2 behaves - maybe it's not restricted by the app and fly freely?

Anyway, good luck!
2017-9-12
Use props
Mark Guille
Captain
Jersey

Altitude Drones Posted at 2017-9-12 12:04
I'm just wondering if you don't use the app at all how the I2 behaves - maybe it's not restricted by the app and fly freely?

Anyway, good luck!

According to the release notes, the flight will be restricted to 30/50 when not connected to a DJI compatible app while in flight. But worth a try.
And yes, good luck Des, you can do it mate.

Mark G.
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Des, have you sent email to flysafe@dji.com to double confirm if the NFZ has been unlocked and the error message you got as well? If you didn't got the response, please PM me your email address, I will help to speed up the reply, thanks.
2017-9-12
Use props
Des_B
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-12 23:23
Des, have you sent email to  to double confirm if the NFZ has been unlocked and the error message you got as well? If you didn't got the response, please PM me your email address, I will help to speed up the reply, thanks.

Hi Mindy,
yes I did contact flysafe with my specific problem, but they just responded with the same information available at DJI Geo re: unlocking. They didnt address the problem or mention the error message I received.

I will PM my email address.

Thanks Mindy

regards

Des
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Des_B Posted at 2017-9-13 00:23
Hi Mindy,
yes I did contact flysafe with my specific problem, but they just responded with the same information available at DJI Geo re: unlocking. They didnt address the problem or mention the error message I received.

Thanks, I'm confirming with Fly Safe team, will come back to you shortly once I get update, appreciate your patience.
2017-9-13
Use props
Des_B
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 00:38
Thanks, I'm confirming with Fly Safe team, will come back to you shortly once I get update, appreciate your patience.

Hi Mindy,

The flysafe team have now responded with all the information I need.

Thank you  for getting me such prompt attention.

Regards

Des
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Des_B Posted at 2017-9-13 00:23
Hi Mindy,

Update: Fly Safe team has replied your email, please check it and reply to them directly if there is further question.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Des_B Posted at 2017-9-13 01:13
Hi Mindy,

The flysafe team have now responded with all the information I need.

Sorry that I didn't see this message, glad to know everything turns out to be great, please keep us updated if you have any further questions.
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules