Best tablets for sark
890 5 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ryan1428
lvl.2
Turkey

Would like to use a dedicated device for the spark. A bunch of tablets available. from $40 to skys the limit. dont wanna spend a lot just for a glorified moniter. any tablets to stay away from? minimum requirements?
2017-9-12
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't recall the brand, but I bought a cheap Wal-Mart phone with the intent that it be used as a dedicated drone device (I did not even activate it).  Turns out it is/was too underpowered to function well.  I can get the specific brand and it's specs, but moral of THIS story is to avoid using "cheap" equipment.

Details:  This device does in fact show the camera view, but using advanced features in the app do not function at all.  I cannot use quickshots or active track using this "inexpensive" phone.
2017-9-12
Use props
Spaners
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1542 ft
United Kingdom

Ryan1428
I think most devices in turkey are E.U spec (same problem in UK)
I only found two that worked with the 5.8Ghz wifi signal
Galaxy TabA 10.1 (non of the other tabA's worked)
And Ipadmini from 2 on (not original Ipad mini) better with a 3 or 4 as they have faster processor's
I tried a Nexus 7 Gen 2 (worked but not with 5.8Ghz)
Galaxy tab3 8.1 (didn't work at all)
Galaxy S5 phone (worked but not with 5.8Ghz)
I took my spark into a very large electrical retailer and tested with every tablet they had on display, only the Galaxy TabA 10.1 and the Ipad picked up the 5.8Ghz channels
I went and bought a secondhand ipad mini 2
Don't forget the spec of these devices are different outside of the E.U so what works in USA wont be same in E.U
2017-9-12
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

ne

Galaxy tab A 6 has extra brightness if you're looking for that. But I didn't use it yet for drone.
2017-9-12
Use props
S-e-ven
Captain
Flight distance : 5922034 ft
  • >>>
Thailand

Ahmed Hussain Posted at 2017-9-12 20:57
Galaxy tab A 6 has extra brightness if you're looking for that. But I didn't use it yet for drone.

I actually stayed away from the 7'' Tab A 6
Only 8GB intern, 1.5 GB RAM
I tested it in the shop and was not impressed by the overall performance.
Slow, lagging, didn't feel good
I got myself the Huawei Mediapad M3, instead.
Only because I dont wanted to go for a 10'' (TAB A 10.1, which comes here with 3GB RAM)
Both were ok to connect with the drone (I could install the Go4 App)
But till now I have only flown with the Huawei indoors.
Have to pick up the tabletholder for the RC, first
Didn't even check the build in screenrecorder function yet
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thanks for the answers above, but sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine. Devices might have compatibility issues if the configurations are not strong enough. 移动设备列表.jpg
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules