Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Effects of potential compass interference
818 4 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AAllali
Second Officer
Flight distance : 24974 ft
France

Hi,

I am planning to fly my drone in an indoor drone flying venue, which is a repurposed indoor football field, as the weather keeps me grounded.

I am expecting to encounter some magnetic interference as the venue walls and ground are mainly concrete , and of course no gps, both have been confirmed to me by the venue managers.

What are the risks involved ? May my mavic become crazy and crash because of interferences ?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The aircraft will automatically switch to ATTI mode when GPS is weak and lighting conditions are too dark for VPS. In ATTI mode, the drone can not hover or brake, which requires high operation skills.

With magnetic interference, warning message will pop up to suggest fly cautiously as it will be hard to control. All in all, I would not suggest to fly indoor when you do not prepare well.
2017-9-12
Use props
DroneFlying
Captain
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

If you're planning to fly indoors, especially if you plan to fly near obstacles then you should seriously consider buying prop guards or even DJI's propeller cage.
2017-9-13
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 20:26
The aircraft will automatically switch to ATTI mode when GPS is weak and lighting conditions are too dark for VPS. In ATTI mode, the drone can not hover or brake, which requires high operation skills.

With magnetic interference, warning message will pop up to suggest fly cautiously as it will be hard to control. All in all, I would not suggest to fly indoor when you do not prepare well.

Good advice.

" In ATTI mode, the drone can not hover or brake, which requires high operation skills."

I've been there, done that and it ain't easy so be very careful for sure. Prop guards as suggested above wouldn't be a bad idea either.
2017-9-13
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had the earlier experience of flying those SYMA wild copters and I needed every once of skills to fly those wild copter beasts.  At least with the MP on 'atti mode' some leeway with hovering although keeping an eye and carefully managing with sticks.
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules