Landing Gear Wont Raise Up
2555 5 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans96f42e5d
New
Flight distance : 158153 ft
United States

Hi, We have the inspire 2 x5s and the landing gear is lowered and doesnt raise after take off. This causes the legs to be in the frame when rotating the camera. We get a failed to lower/raise landing gear message but nothing we have tried fixes the issue. Anyone else experience this? Thanks!
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Can the landing gear enter travel mode when you press power button for 5 times? Or the landing gear just cannot raise up automatically when take off? How about raising the Transformation Switch in the RC?
2017-9-12
Use props
Rimm Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443609 ft
United States

Adding to this thread because I had the opposite problem last week at first.  Landing gear would not come down after normal flight.  Had to hand-catch my I2, quite unnerving as I had only previously done that with Phantoms.  Didn't expect the I2 to have such a problem since it was only a few months old.  Called DJI for help before resorting to manually lowering the gear.  Got some misinformation from DJI, but the person was nice and trying to be helpful.  The suggestion of reconnecting remote to aircraft did not improve situation.  I have since manually lowered the landing gear.  Upon taking flight, the landing gear would not go all the way up, so landing gear problem persisted.  I have updated all firmware and still landing gear will not work properly, not that I thought that had anything to do with it.  Pressing the power button 5 or 6 times no longer works.  This should be fixed under warranty, yet I am concerned that DJI will accuse me of pilot error when I did nothing wrong, and try to charge me to fix it.  I take great care of my I2 and I do not fly recklessly.  Mindy, how can I be sure my I2 will be repaired or replaced under warranty without being charged?
2017-9-13
Use props
PPP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 35217 ft

China

You can try to turn anticlockwise the screw underneath the aircraft to see if it got stuck.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Rimm Air Posted at 2017-9-13 17:10
Adding to this thread because I had the opposite problem last week at first.  Landing gear would not come down after normal flight.  Had to hand-catch my I2, quite unnerving as I had only previously done that with Phantoms.  Didn't expect the I2 to have such a problem since it was only a few months old.  Called DJI for help before resorting to manually lowering the gear.  Got some misinformation from DJI, but the person was nice and trying to be helpful.  The suggestion of reconnecting remote to aircraft did not improve situation.  I have since manually lowered the landing gear.  Upon taking flight, the landing gear would not go all the way up, so landing gear problem persisted.  I have updated all firmware and still landing gear will not work properly, not that I thought that had anything to do with it.  Pressing the power button 5 or 6 times no longer works.  This should be fixed under warranty, yet I am concerned that DJI will accuse me of pilot error when I did nothing wrong, and try to charge me to fix it.  I take great care of my I2 and I do not fly recklessly.  Mindy, how can I be sure my I2 will be repaired or replaced under warranty without being charged?

Please try the suggestions post in 3# to see if the landing gear gets stuck.
2017-9-14
Use props
Rimm Air
lvl.1
Flight distance : 443609 ft
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-14 01:50
Please try the suggestions post in 3# to see if the landing gear gets stuck.

Some help for me too, please?  My reply (3#) was used to help the OP, but I receive no reply of help.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules