4:3 Tablet for FPV
1194 8 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

Hello guys I'm thinking about getting a Xiaomi Mi Pad 2 for using the DJI GO app, if I'm not mistaken the native FPV resolution is 4:3, correct?

Should I stick with a 16:9 tablet or get a 4:3 like the Mi Pad 2?

2017-9-12
Use props
ImHereToCrash
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

i dont beleive there is a native resolution for the app.. i do know for the phto and video mode it depends how you shoot and settings, if you set photos to 4:3 then the area camera uses up for live view will be a 4:3 area..and if you set it to 16:9 it will be 16:9

i suggest going with what is most comfortable for you to use.  i use an iPad mini 2, i beleive ipad mini 2 is 4:3.. but its comfortable for me to use.  but i tend to favor 16:9 in most things.
2017-9-12
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

Seeing that the SkyView is 4:3, I believe a 4:3 7-8" tablet would be perfect.

Yes the iPad mini 2 is 4:3, does it fit in the controller?
2017-9-14
Use props
kanppe
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1483 ft
Finland

Mipad 2 doesn't work well with Mavic. I've tried couple of firmware versions and all of them have problems with the usb connection to the controller.
2017-9-14
Use props
rolling56
First Officer
Flight distance : 138310 ft
United States

I was thinking of getting the mini 2 but now i guess i'll look for the mini 3's on the cheap hopefully.
2017-9-14
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

kanppe Posted at 2017-9-14 07:09
Mipad 2 doesn't work well with Mavic. I've tried couple of firmware versions and all of them have problems with the usb connection to the controller.

I searched the forum and there is a thread about the mi pad 2, some people say it works fine, some say it doesn't... I was considering the Samsung Galaxy A 8.0" but the brightness is lower than the mi pad, those and the ipad mini are the only 4:3 tablets below 9", so we don't have a lot of options it seems.

The iPad mini 2 was launched back in 2013, so it's very likely I'll get a very weared down product and the mini 3 is overpriced.

I'll probably take my chances the mi pad 2.
2017-9-15
Use props
Cloud56
lvl.1
Brazil

Correction: seems like the mi pad 2 has problemas with the usb connection, I'll probably have to go with Galaxy tab A.
2017-9-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Cloud56 Posted at 2017-9-15 05:20
Correction: seems like the mi pad 2 has problemas with the usb connection, I'll probably have to go with Galaxy tab A.

Actually, we don't have the image scale limitation on the gimbal mode. I had tested my Mavic and it can be shifted to 16:9 in FPV mode. Please let me know if I misunderstood your question.
Besides, sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine. 移动设备列表.jpg
2017-9-17
Use props
HereForTheBeer
First Officer
Flight distance : 5381368 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cloud56 Posted at 2017-9-15 05:17
I searched the forum and there is a thread about the mi pad 2, some people say it works fine, some say it doesn't... I was considering the Samsung Galaxy A 8.0" but the brightness is lower than the mi pad, those and the ipad mini are the only 4:3 tablets below 9", so we don't have a lot of options it seems.

The iPad mini 2 was launched back in 2013, so it's very likely I'll get a very weared down product and the mini 3 is overpriced.

that's why i picked iPad mini 2...  mini 3 is just an iPad mini 2..  same A7 cpu and 1GB ram..it is little faster from small optimizations to the design of the A7 but not much.. same for the iPhone 5S and the iPad Air 1, all are A7 cpu based..with 1GB ram..

in terms of speed, on iOS 11 GM (gold master), A7 based iPads are starting to show limitations here and there.  completely usable however, i'm using mini 2 32GB on ios 11 GM and its completely usable.

iPad mini 4 has better screen (laminated to the glass), and A8 CPU, 2GB of ram so that throws a curve ball into the mix.. i say either get the mini 2 or the mini 4 if you are looking at iPads.
2017-9-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules