Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
First Wedding Video - ALL Drone footage +Things I Learned)
1234Next >
12127 125 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raincast
Captain
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

fansee4c6d6f Posted at 2017-9-17 15:16
Absolutely Stunning! I think you did a very good job.  Thanks for sharing buddy.

I'm glad you like it! The couple love it too! Thanks for giving it a watch.
2017-9-17
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-9-17 15:35
I just got the Smooth Q and if I try recording through the ZY Play app the recording gives me audio only and then after the audio is done, hit play again and only get Video w/out audio.  It won't play on any other player or on computer.  Do you have this problem?  Without using the app, the video is fine and I get to use  full 4K.  If you don't mind send me a private message so we don't clutter up this forum?

You guys can clutter this post, I don't really mind. I'm also curious to the answer myself as jeebs got me to consider the Smooth-Q. Did you check it in their forums or reddit, Bill?
2017-9-17
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Raincast Posted at 2017-9-15 08:03
I watched the whole thing, man! Where is that place? It's hard to go wrong shooting anywhere there, it's lovely!

Honestly, my video just has a little more coloring compared to yours. Everything else is good! Videos are for capturing these precious moments and yours did, from the ceremony to the bubbles to the dancing down to the bonfire. I use Premiere Pro to color but it does take some extra time and effort.

Thanks for watching the whole thing.  This was East Burke Vermont. (it's a Inn that's a farm)  I don't think my camera work or any camera can Truly capture that place.

I also use Premiere Pro. My color graded sucks....I think it has to do with being color blind LMAO

Your right, most cameras suck in low light situations. I thought about buying a LED attachment for my L bracket to help with light problems. But I didn't want to carry that much stuff with me. I had to remember to enjoy myself lol.

I actually use my prewife phone (Galaxy S7). The best thing about the situation is that the gimbal can recharge my battery. It last 12 hours.

And thank you for the sub. I subbed to  your channell as well.
2017-9-18
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
United States

Raincast Posted at 2017-9-17 18:14
You guys can clutter this post, I don't really mind. I'm also curious to the answer myself as jeebs got me to consider the Smooth-Q. Did you check it in their forums or reddit, Bill?

Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this post. But the Smooth-Q app sucks balls. Osmo on the other hand the app works. But the price is 300 (difference for me).  But if your looking just for gimbal features.  No, to all the other stuff. Definitely look into Smooth-Q.I used head tracking once. And never got it to work again. The only time I had all the features working. Was when I erased all the cache files and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It would work after that.
2017-9-18
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-18 13:47
Thanks for watching the whole thing.  This was East Burke Vermont. (it's a Inn that's a farm)  I don't think my camera work or any camera can Truly capture that place.

I also use Premiere Pro. My color graded sucks....I think it has to do with being color blind LMAO

Coloring is hard because your eyes get used to it quickly. My old videos have a ton of vibrance and saturation, and it's usually when my wife says there is too much color I actually notice it. Color is subjective too. The hard part is also matching your clips to have similar or so color, or using them artistically. A lot of people use LUTS, there are free ones you can try out!
2017-9-18
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-18 14:03
Hopefully I don't get in trouble for this post. But the Smooth-Q app sucks balls. Osmo on the other hand the app works. But the price is 300 (difference for me).  But if your looking just for gimbal features.  No, to all the other stuff. Definitely look into Smooth-Q.I used head tracking once. And never got it to work again. The only time I had all the features working. Was when I erased all the cache files and uninstalled and reinstalled the app. It would work after that.

You get what you pay for, I guess. But, if all you need is stabilization it is very affordable for that price. The tech will get better for sure and their next version will probably address those issues. Thanks for the honest review. Cheers!
2017-9-18
Use props
jeebs-9
First Officer
United States

Raincast Posted at 2017-9-18 15:29
Coloring is hard because your eyes get used to it quickly. My old videos have a ton of vibrance and saturation, and it's usually when my wife says there is too much color I actually notice it. Color is subjective too. The hard part is also matching your clips to have similar or so color, or using them artistically. A lot of people use LUTS, there are free ones you can try out!

I do have a few free LUTS already (actually a bunch of them lol). I have 2 problems when it comes to coloring. Color blind and exactly what you said. I just get use to it. After watching a video over and over a million times. I can't tell the different between up and down lol.
2017-9-19
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

jeebs-9 Posted at 2017-9-19 04:19
I do have a few free LUTS already (actually a bunch of them lol). I have 2 problems when it comes to coloring. Color blind and exactly what you said. I just get use to it. After watching a video over and over a million times. I can't tell the different between up and down lol.

When I started out, I played around with the basic Lumetri stuff. I'd start with Blacks, and scroll to the extremes then find a point where I think it looks decent enough. Then scroll back and forth all the other ones and stop where it looks okay to me. I usually do at least two runs to check the colors before adding some style. As for matching colors, sometimes I give up because I don't know which ones to change just to get the colors to become similar.

Some people have the full-time job of just coloring movies or tv series. That's all they do! So, we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves when it comes to this stuff.
2017-9-19
Use props
Little John
lvl.4
Flight distance : 192244 ft
United Kingdom

Great work you should be proud
2017-9-19
Use props
Bill in Ohio
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Raincast Posted at 2017-9-17 18:14

I looked at the youtube reviews - the best was on iPhonedo there were some others that did a good job.  He used an iphone and the app seemed OK.  I have a Samsung S7 and the app works except the video file is screwed up and only does 1080.  So I will use the phones camera app and get 4K and forego the fancy stuff.  The main thing to me was it was $140 vs $300 and I didn't care whether it did a better job in the software than the DJI Osmo Mobile or any of those cool things.  12 hrs run time for out on a Cruise tour works out perfect, which means you can use the usb cable, power out on the Smooth Q to power your phone.   Although I would have to get a a right angle usb micro connector.  On the last cruise I could have gotten really good wide shot pics/vid from the bouncy bus if I had gotten this sooner.  This seemed like a good buy, and so far I am happy.
2017-9-19
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Little John Posted at 2017-9-19 08:23
Great work you should be proud

Thanks and safe flying!
2017-9-19
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Bill in Ohio Posted at 2017-9-19 13:35
I looked at the youtube reviews - the best was on iPhonedo there were some others that did a good job.  He used an iphone and the app seemed OK.  I have a Samsung S7 and the app works except the video file is screwed up and only does 1080.  So I will use the phones camera app and get 4K and forego the fancy stuff.  The main thing to me was it was $140 vs $300 and I didn't care whether it did a better job in the software than the DJI Osmo Mobile or any of those cool things.  12 hrs run time for out on a Cruise tour works out perfect, which means you can use the usb cable, power out on the Smooth Q to power your phone.   Although I would have to get a a right angle usb micro connector.  On the last cruise I could have gotten really good wide shot pics/vid from the bouncy bus if I had gotten this sooner.  This seemed like a good buy, and so far I am happy.

Yeah, they priced it pretty well. Not long ago a simple stabilizer with cheap materials used could still cost you over $600 and you'd have to order them online. I'm glad the tech for mobile video solutions has really taken some great strides.

iPhonedo is one of the funniest reviewers out there! I watch his videos even though I don't plan to buy whatever he's trying to review.
2017-9-19
Use props
Donny O'Neil Jr
lvl.4
Flight distance : 364826 ft
  • >>>
United States

Get a Crane stabilizer. I had the osmo and it's a pain on so many levels. I use a big bulky Canon 80D with my crane and its smooth and batteries last 6 hours. I know your low on funds but its worth saving for good equipment. Here is a short video shot with the Canon 80D with crane and my P4 for aerial shots. Saving for the GH5 or cheaper A6500 for the crane
2017-9-22
Use props
Marticulous 2
New
United Kingdom

I think you have done amazing for a first attempt. If I was the groom I would be well pleased with this
2017-9-23
Use props
Sam H
First Officer
United States

Nice video, hard to believe it's your first try, hope mine looks half as good when I get "vol-un-told" that was a funny line.
2017-9-24
Use props
Iversonmatthew
lvl.4
Flight distance : 505889 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thank you for this. Very helpful. I work in the wedding industry and it can be quite challenging. I’ve wanted to add this sort of service but have been on the fence about it. I think the mavic platinum will become my drone of choice for these sorts of t(I;gs. Again, thanks!
2017-9-25
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Donny O'Neil Jr Posted at 2017-9-22 18:32
Get a Crane stabilizer. I had the osmo and it's a pain on so many levels. I use a big bulky Canon 80D with my crane and its smooth and batteries last 6 hours. I know your low on funds but its worth saving for good equipment. Here is a short video shot with the Canon 80D with crane and my P4 for aerial shots. Saving for the GH5 or cheaper A6500 for the crane
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3mhDKv93OQ&t=20s

Good stuff! I'm hoping a new Osmo would come out and fix a lot of the problems I noticed with it. The Revl action cam seems to look pretty steady with its 2 stabilizations, so I hope DJI can produce a more cinematic version of it.
2017-9-25
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Marticulous 2 Posted at 2017-9-23 11:33
I think you have done amazing for a first attempt. If I was the groom I would be well pleased with this

Thanks! Yeah, they really liked it!
2017-9-25
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Sam H Posted at 2017-9-24 23:04
Nice video, hard to believe it's your first try, hope mine looks half as good when I get "vol-un-told" that was a funny line.

Thanks for giving it a watch! I'm sure you'll do just fine!
2017-9-25
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Iversonmatthew Posted at 2017-9-25 06:28
Thank you for this. Very helpful. I work in the wedding industry and it can be quite challenging. I’ve wanted to add this sort of service but have been on the fence about it. I think the mavic platinum will become my drone of choice for these sorts of t(I;gs. Again, thanks!

I'm glad you enjoyed it! A drone is pretty niche in what it can do and if you have other video solutions, I think it would be less work. I thought about just using my phone, but I didn't feel like taking time to match shots and colors between two different cameras of different quality.
2017-9-25
Use props
Ups_Jeff
lvl.4
Flight distance : 434931 ft
United States

Great job! I really enjoyed the creativity.
2017-9-25
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Ups_Jeff Posted at 2017-9-25 16:11
Great job! I really enjoyed the creativity.

Thank you so much for checking it out!
2017-9-25
Use props
freeall
New

Vietnam

Well done!
2017-9-26
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it!
2017-9-26
Use props
fansca20b536
New
United States

That's an awesome video for a first timer!! It's evident you really enjoyed doing it as your creativity was all throughout. Congrats! Curious as to what you use for video editing?
2017-10-3
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

fansca20b536 Posted at 2017-10-3 10:41
That's an awesome video for a first timer!! It's evident you really enjoyed doing it as your creativity was all throughout. Congrats! Curious as to what you use for video editing?

Covering the wedding was a mix of fun and stress! I used Premiere Pro for editing. I haven't tried the other software, but I'm sure you can get similar results with them too.
2017-10-3
Use props
liamlogan
New

Germany

Beautiful images, Drones changing the world when I marry definitely get the drone photography to save my beautiful memories from sky.
2017-10-3
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

liamlogan Posted at 2017-10-3 20:51
Beautiful images, Drones changing the world when I marry definitely get the drone photography to save my beautiful memories from sky.

I'd suggest a P4P Pro for aerial photography of people, which I can't really afford haha. As for videography though, I believe the Mavic suffices. I'm glad you liked it!
2017-10-4
Use props
Urban flyer
lvl.1
United States

I’ve videoed 3 weddings with a camcorder but not with a drone yet. I thought you did an excellent job and you should be proud! I would love to see your second and third attempts since your first was awesome. I hope my first will be as good and flowing as yours
2017-10-7
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

Urban flyer Posted at 2017-10-7 21:18
I’ve videoed 3 weddings with a camcorder but not with a drone yet. I thought you did an excellent job and you should be proud! I would love to see your second and third attempts since your first was awesome. I hope my first will be as good and flowing as yours

Thanks for checking it out! It does feel a bit odd holding a drone but I've already done them for my other videos. I believe a camcorder would be better for the job, though, as the stabilization when not flying is inconsistent.
2017-10-8
Use props
wwaringjr
New
Flight distance : 12953 ft

United States

Very nice job. I’ve been flying for 4 years and doubt I could have done better!! wwwjr
2017-10-13
Use props
fansb7063987
lvl.1
Flight distance : 14170 ft
Colombia

excelentre trabajo amigo deberias haber estado con los fotografos profesionales por que este video te quedó de lujo. saludos desde colombia
2017-10-15
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

wwaringjr Posted at 2017-10-13 15:46
Very nice job. I’ve been flying for 4 years and doubt I could have done better!! wwwjr

Thank you for checking it out! I enjoyed the whole process and I'm glad you liked the outcome too!
2017-10-15
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

fansb7063987 Posted at 2017-10-15 08:08
excelentre trabajo amigo deberias haber estado con los fotografos profesionales por que este video te quedó de lujo. saludos desde colombia

¡Gracias! ¡Me quedaré con los profesionales la próxima vez para poder aprender más!
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats to all - including yourself - thanks so much for sharing this!
2017-10-15
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 10:44
Congrats to all - including yourself - thanks so much for sharing this!

Thank you for watching and enjoying it! Safe flying!
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Raincast Posted at 2017-10-15 12:20
Thank you for watching and enjoying it! Safe flying!

Pleasure - this is genuinely one of the best vids I've seen on here in a while. Keep up the excellent work!
2017-10-15
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 12:28
Pleasure - this is genuinely one of the best vids I've seen on here in a while. Keep up the excellent work!

I just realized you just commented on my tutorial video (Spark forum) and this wedding video. Thanks for the support hehe

If there's any type of content you would like to see, let me know and I'll try something out!
2017-10-15
Use props
ACW
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Raincast Posted at 2017-10-15 12:40
I just realized you just commented on my tutorial video (Spark forum) and this wedding video. Thanks for the support hehe

If there's any type of content you would like to see, let me know and I'll try something out!

I'm currently experimenting with backward flying as find it far more interesting in my footage but it takes a lot of nerves when doing so in low altitude. Also, with the Spark having a 2 axis gimbal I'm trying to compensate with the yaw speed - did it today but its very difficult to keep the footage as cinematic as possible - your vids have helped me out!
2017-10-15
Use props
Raincast
Captain
  • >>>
Canada

ACW Posted at 2017-10-15 12:45
I'm currently experimenting with backward flying as find it far more interesting in my footage but it takes a lot of nerves when doing so in low altitude. Also, with the Spark having a 2 axis gimbal I'm trying to compensate with the yaw speed - did it today but its very difficult to keep the footage as cinematic as possible - your vids have helped me out!

Yeah, it's safer to fly at higher altitudes but there's a bit more impact and drama sometimes when flying low.

I try to strafe/move left when yawing/turning the drone right and vice-versa to help counter any sudden movement, but the catch is you'll need a wider open space to do it safely. Cheers!
2017-10-15
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules