First Wedding Video - ALL Drone footage +Things I Learned)
1234Next >
12289 125 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
michael2020
New

China

Great wedding video
2017-10-16
Use props
Bulldog
lvl.4
Flight distance : 816158 ft
United States

Inspiring. Incredible job. I wish I had your skills, with practice maybe. Be proud of your work.
2017-10-17
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135633 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm glad you liked it! Cheers!
2017-10-17
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Bulldog Posted at 2017-10-17 04:55
Inspiring. Incredible job. I wish I had your skills, with practice maybe. Be proud of your work.

I'm sure you can pull off this stuff too! I looked at other wedding videos so I'd get some ideas, but improvising is mainly what happens because every wedding is just different. Thanks for checking it out!
2017-10-17
Use props
bathuy
New

Vietnam

i also want to marry
2017-10-18
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Marry who? Hahah
2017-10-18
Use props
deltajjj1966
New
Flight distance : 1434 ft
United States

Very Nice!!!!
2017-10-19
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Glad you like it! Thanks!
2017-10-19
Use props
Beitynsh
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241663 ft
Latvia

That look great! well done
2017-10-23
Use props
Bekaru Tree
First Officer
Flight distance : 15513100 ft
South Africa

very nice - well done - and especially as a first attempt, excellant.
A tip to share with you - the mavic can sometimes kick out of gps mode into opti - this means yr flying skills must be practiced and on point when flying around things but especially people and most especially the bride.
Sometimes when it goes into opti mode the drone will drift in various directions which might cause the pilot to get a fright and over compensate and cause a crash.
i have noticed more than once that whilst hovering close next to a tree that my mavic might drift sideways towards the tree (without input from me)
The first fright reflex is to push stick in opposite direction but if the drone is facing you then this command will fly yr drone right into the tree and too much reaction in the correct direction might cause y to crash into something above or otherside the drone during fast evasive action.
I recomened using a spotter when being close to people and when using yr goggles (when close to people) - a spotter will help to notice drifting which u will not see on yr devise or goggles until it is too late.
a spotter will also help with identifying obsticles that u might otherwise not see when so concentrated on yr devise.
I really liked yr video, well done
2017-10-23
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Beitynsh Posted at 2017-10-23 02:38
That look great! well done

Thanks for watching!
2017-10-23
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Bekaru Tree Posted at 2017-10-23 09:54
very nice - well done - and especially as a first attempt, excellant.
A tip to share with you - the mavic can sometimes kick out of gps mode into opti - this means yr flying skills must be practiced and on point when flying around things but especially people and most especially the bride.
Sometimes when it goes into opti mode the drone will drift in various directions which might cause the pilot to get a fright and over compensate and cause a crash.

Thanks for the tips! I've had the drone drift on me a few times when I did an attractions video of my city. The magnetic interferences are crazy in some areas haha! Yes, it can be misleading watching your phone/tablet's video remain stable but your drone is actually drifting. I'll keep your info in mind and safe flying!
2017-10-23
Use props
RUDIMAN
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1145554 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Great video... not only  for i first wedding you did ok,.,  i saw a lot of wedding video's  most 'professional' video guys  delivering much less quality even when the get payed for it!!!
2017-10-24
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

RUDIMAN Posted at 2017-10-24 12:10
Great video... not only  for i first wedding you did ok,.,  i saw a lot of wedding video's  most 'professional' video guys  delivering much less quality even when the get payed for it!!!

I'm hoping to have a few more wedding gigs in the future. Hopefully an Osmo 2 would be out this year so I can grab one ASAP! Thanks!!
2017-10-24
Use props
VikramDrone
lvl.4
Flight distance : 543763 ft
  • >>>
India

wow nice video
2017-10-27
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Thanks! Safe flying!
2017-10-27
Use props
Newislander
lvl.1
United States

Nice job, especially if it was your first shot to the MAVIC for a wedding. It can't be easy when you're competing with the still photographer(s), especially for the posed shots. You did mention the rotor sound, it has to be difficult stopping ppl looking at the drone. Did you have assistance to help with staging and crowd control or did you pretty much go with the flow, how much time did you spend scripting and was it effective on the day. Thanks for posting.
2017-10-27
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Newislander Posted at 2017-10-27 12:20
Nice job, especially if it was your first shot to the MAVIC for a wedding. It can't be easy when you're competing with the still photographer(s), especially for the posed shots. You did mention the rotor sound, it has to be difficult stopping ppl looking at the drone. Did you have assistance to help with staging and crowd control or did you pretty much go with the flow, how much time did you spend scripting and was it effective on the day. Thanks for posting.

Quite a few of the guests did look when I initially flew the drone, but I picked the short clip after most of them turned away. Only the couple and a bridesmaid knew that I was there to shoot video. Because of that, I had no control over what anyone was doing except for the drone shots in the bride and groom's prepping locations.

I decided to capture the preparation portions since the places where the groom and bride had the preparations were only 5 minutes from each other. I also Google Earthed the venue and photoshoot locations so I could at least think of some cinematic moves depending on the flying space that was available. The wedding gown shot was improvised as I was planning to hang it onto some tree, which their backyard had none of.

I have some basic cinematic drone tutorial videos on my Youtube page so occasionally I'd pull up some moves from there, whether the drone is flying or handheld. Check out my 71 moves videos when you're free haha! I am a big fan of camera motion when shooting and try to either use the gimbal or move the drone so they don't look like I simply placed a camera onto a tripod.

Thanks for checking it out!
2017-10-28
Use props
bathuy
New

Vietnam

haha, one of those girls
2017-10-28
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

bathuy Posted at 2017-10-28 19:57
haha, one of those girls

Hahahaha a couple of them are available, I think!
2017-10-29
Use props
Ryan's Sparky
lvl.4
Flight distance : 302316 ft
Norway

a pleasure to watch. great job
2017-10-30
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Ryan's Sparky Posted at 2017-10-30 12:08
a pleasure to watch. great job

I'm glad you like it! Cheers!
2017-10-30
Use props
Newislander
lvl.1
United States

Raincast Posted at 2017-10-28 06:05
Quite a few of the guests did look when I initially flew the drone, but I picked the short clip after most of them turned away. Only the couple and a bridesmaid knew that I was there to shoot video. Because of that, I had no control over what anyone was doing except for the drone shots in the bride and groom's prepping locations.

I decided to capture the preparation portions since the places where the groom and bride had the preparations were only 5 minutes from each other. I also Google Earthed the venue and photoshoot locations so I could at least think of some cinematic moves depending on the flying space that was available. The wedding gown shot was improvised as I was planning to hang it onto some tree, which their backyard had none of.

Thx for replying with detail, I'll certainly go and check out your YouTube channel. Thx again for sharing.
2017-11-1
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Newislander Posted at 2017-11-1 11:34
Thx for replying with detail, I'll certainly go and check out your YouTube channel. Thx again for sharing.

Cheers mate!
2017-11-2
Use props
fans6ff7ce10
New

I enjoyed the video good work. If you have a Mavik pro you can get a Karana tray for hand held shooting. That stabilizes the gimbal
2018-5-7
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

fans6ff7ce10 Posted at 2018-5-7 14:37
I enjoyed the video good work. If you have a Mavik pro you can get a Karana tray for hand held shooting. That stabilizes the gimbal

Yeah, the Katana does help out especially when it comes to an easier grip. I would have preferred though that the mount also holds the remote controller. I really like moving the camera up and down using the RC for better control.

Thank you for watching the video!
2018-5-7
Use props
B1houdini
First Officer
Flight distance : 927927 ft
United States

Back in 2017 I came across your Wedding Video on YouTube. It was a joy to watch. I thought you did a magnificent job with the editing and the music.
I am glad I got the chance to view it again.
2018-5-7
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

B1houdini Posted at 2018-5-7 17:22
Back in 2017 I came across your Wedding Video on YouTube. It was a joy to watch. I thought you did a magnificent job with the editing and the music.
I am glad I got the chance to view it again.

Thanks! I'm planning to do more weddings next year and am saving up for some gear. It'll be way better than this one, for sure haha
2018-5-9
Use props
3-D
Second Officer
Flight distance : 635764 ft
  • >>>
United States

That's a great video.  especially for a first time.  I'm a new pilot, and have never done any video before, but have been asked to do 2 weddings already!  I turned the 1st down out of fear (i've only been flying for 1 month), but i have taken the 2nd.  I'm trying to do a lot of planning and scouting to make sure i do the right thing, and this is a wonderful kind of 'guide/things to look for' post.  Very much appreciated.

Thanks!
2018-5-9
Use props
chiplifter
Second Officer
Flight distance : 745180 ft
Netherlands

Very professional and useful tips. Thank you.
2018-5-9
Use props
Harbour Guy
lvl.2
Canada

Excellent wedding video. I like the variety of ways in which scenes are presented and carried through, good attention to clip lengths; overall a great job!
2018-5-9
Use props
Gustavo Lima
lvl.2

That is a really nice video for the first wedding video. ! which edit software are you using? Congrats
2018-5-10
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

3-D Posted at 2018-5-9 06:42
That's a great video.  especially for a first time.  I'm a new pilot, and have never done any video before, but have been asked to do 2 weddings already!  I turned the 1st down out of fear (i've only been flying for 1 month), but i have taken the 2nd.  I'm trying to do a lot of planning and scouting to make sure i do the right thing, and this is a wonderful kind of 'guide/things to look for' post.  Very much appreciated.

Thanks!

I can't wait to see your video! It's fun capturing these moments and I'm saving up for maybe a Ronin S to do videos next year.
2018-5-11
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

chiplifter Posted at 2018-5-9 10:02
Very professional and useful tips. Thank you.

Thanks for taking a look!
2018-5-12
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Well now you went and done it!  You will be asked every single time now to photograph every single wedding for your friends neighbors family and whoever else seen this video, so very well done, my hat off to you
2018-5-12
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Harbour Guy Posted at 2018-5-9 10:31
Excellent wedding video. I like the variety of ways in which scenes are presented and carried through, good attention to clip lengths; overall a great job!

Thank you! I wish I had more clips to work with and I personally think some clips might have been longer than I'd like haha
2018-5-12
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Gustavo Lima Posted at 2018-5-10 05:19
That is a really nice video for the first wedding video. ! which edit software are you using? Congrats

Hello, I use Premiere Pro for the edit. I'm sure other software can give the same results. What do you use?
2018-5-13
Use props
rantanlan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 69698 ft
Germany

wow, what a delight, absolutely awesome for some beginners work (doesn't look at all like it). also thought of shooting with my air handheld, how do you mange to do this? remote in one hand mavic in the other? think thats a little tricky sind the remote+phone isn't exactly particularly comfortable to use with one hand
2018-5-13
Use props
Raincast
Second Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Picanoc Jack Posted at 2018-5-12 13:31
Well now you went and done it!  You will be asked every single time now to photograph every single wedding for your friends neighbors family and whoever else seen this video, so very well done, my hat off to you

Hahaha thanks!!

I'm saving up for some ground gear to do wedding videos next year. Wish me luck!
2018-5-18
Use props
Picanoc Jack
First Officer
Flight distance : 10321657 ft
Canada

Raincast Posted at 2018-5-18 17:24
Hahaha thanks!!

I'm saving up for some ground gear to do wedding videos next year. Wish me luck!

yes good luck Raincast, just keep doing what you're doing,  great job!
2018-5-18
Use props
1234Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules