Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Still not ready for prime time
876 5 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DonBishop
lvl.1
United States

In spite of all my previous experience and knowledge of the OSMO, I used it to video parts of a golf tournament.  Shame on me.

While the last firmware update seems to have reduced the number of corrupt files stored on the OSMO, it has not eliminated the problem.  I lost 7 clips, which turned out to be pretty important to the continutity of the project.  If the issue were my high speed micro SD card, I would expect more corrupt files if it couldn't keep up with the camera.  If I had been turning off the camera before it was done saving, I would say I was the issue, but the camera stayed on between clips.  So, I'm left believing that the issue is still with the OSMO.

2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry for the inconvenience that has been brought to your important shooting. I would feedback this issue to our engineers for further analysis.
Could you please provide us the type of your SD card firstly?
2017-9-13
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-13 01:36
Sorry for the inconvenience that has been brought to your important shooting. I would feedback this issue to our engineers for further analysis.
Could you please provide us the type of your SD card firstly?

San Disk Ultra Plus 32gb micro SD v10 HC1
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DonBishop Posted at 2017-9-13 05:17
San Disk Ultra Plus 32gb micro SD v10 HC1

Thanks, the issue will be reported to our engineers, sorry for the inconvenience caused.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

DonBishop, sorry to have kept you waiting for the reply. Since there are no other users reporting the same problem after firmware update, we still need clarify more details with you.
1. Did you start recording videos by APP or pressing Record Button in handle?
2. SD card saves 4G as a clip, it will stop while the recording file is larger than 4G and continue with creating a new file automatically. Do you mean the clips between them lost?
3. How do you found the clip was lost? You mean you took 15 videos and only 8 clips were saved?
4. Could you please try the stock SD card?
5. Does this issue recurrence?
We are trying our best to locate the problem, please provide more info as detailed as possible, appreciate your time and understanding.
2017-9-20
Use props
DonBishop
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-20 22:42
DonBishop, sorry to have kept you waiting for the reply. Since there are no other users reporting the same problem after firmware update, we still need clarify more details with you.
1. Did you start recording videos by APP or pressing Record Button in handle?
2. SD card saves 4G as a clip, it will stop while the recording file is larger than 4G and continue with creating a new file automatically. Do you mean the clips between them lost?

Not lost, as in missing.  Corrupted.  Unable to move from the SD card to the computer.  I have had the same issue when using the stock SD card, and use the larger card when I know I am going to be shooting a lot of video.  The issue has not recurred, because I am no longer using the OSMO.  I simply do not trust it.

And, what difference does it make which button I push?  If one button is no good, eliminate it!
2017-9-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules