1395 4 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PushSky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554925 ft
United States

Hello All,

Began trying to fly with an iPhone 5 and the Mavic in wifi mode.  Works okay but if I fly more than 15-16m/ 50ft I consistently get the "lost signal" message.  I've tried it in two different locations and at the second location selected two different channels on 2.4ghz freq. that were "stable" with no change.  The things I've tried don't extend the range beyond the 15m/50ft.  I'm running an iPhone 5 with .1000 firmware on the Mavic.  I've had no issues with range using the RC.  

Any suggestions?  

Thanks in advance.

Roger
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Please put the mobile in flight mode or change another recommended mobile to check. Make sure there is no interference such as buildings, trees, hills and magnetic interference.
2017-9-12
Use props
PushSky
lvl.3
Flight distance : 554925 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 19:41
Please put the mobile in flight mode or change another recommended mobile to check. Make sure there is no interference such as buildings, trees, hills and magnetic interference.

I'll try that.  

I wasn't getting any errors (compass or otherwise) so not sure if magnetic fields are an issue.  I also have an iPhone SE that I can try with.  

Thanks,

Roger
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

PushSky Posted at 2017-9-12 19:55
I'll try that.  

I wasn't getting any errors (compass or otherwise) so not sure if magnetic fields are an issue.  I also have an iPhone SE that I can try with.  

Thanks for cooperation. Please keep us updated.
2017-9-13
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

This is why most of us don't use wi-fi on the mavic, it doesn't have good range at all, there is nothing wrong with your mavic...
2017-9-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules