1887 19 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Flight distance : 132566 ft
Australia

Hi Guys,
I become an owner of P4P with original DJI display. I can't be happier as so far I can see everything on the screen without any visual problems. It is really good. It is fantastic. Soon I will be passing my drone pilot exams and planning to do some commercial work with it. However suddenly I found out that I can't run anything else but only DJI application using current controler. What about 2D or 3D mapping applications? Is there any other way around or I need to buy myself a new controler without display and use current one for...... hmmmm not sure for what...paper weight?   Any serious suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

2017-9-12
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I don't think you even can run DJI's GS Pro on it, as far as I know. I love the unit, I want to buy it, but I can't since I do a lot of mapping. I've taken this up with support but haven't got a clear answer about mapping software on the unit. Right now DJI spread apps and functions between Android and iOS (one thing works on iOS, and not Android. Another works on Android but not iOS...). They destroy the very foundation they had worked so hard to make, One App on all OS:es. Very, very bad.
2017-9-12
Use props
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Australia

Rob W Posted at 2017-9-12 21:56
I don't think you even can run DJI's GS Pro on it, as far as I know. I love the unit, I want to buy it, but I can't since I do a lot of mapping. I've taken this up with support but haven't got a clear answer about mapping software on the unit. Right now DJI spread apps and functions between Android and iOS (one thing works on iOS, and not Android. Another works on Android but not iOS...). They destroy the very foundation they had worked so hard to make, One App on all OS:es. Very, very bad.

Thank you Rob I guess I will need a new controller and use my phone or iPad instead. It is a shame as display on the current unit is brilliant.
2017-9-12
Use props
Rob W
Second Officer
Flight distance : 94390 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

I mainly use an iPad Air 2 LTE, but when using the Osmo, I need to use my old Samsung Android tablet since the wired video adapter is not supported on iOS (though hardware wise it should work, I can get an image out of it buy "fooling" the app). DJI has so far just chosen to not support it. I could be very wrong, but DJI have worked very close with Apple for some years. However, the Crystal Sky is Android, so my guess is that they are moving towards Android now. But who knows?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

I'm sorry that P4P+ with built-in screen does not support to install the third party APP for now. The request has been forwarded to our engineers for further consideration.
2017-9-12
Use props
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Australia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 23:13
I'm sorry that P4P+ with built-in screen does not support to install the third party APP for now. The request has been forwarded to our engineers for further consideration.

Thanks Rob and Susan, I think for now I will need to work out how to disconnect Crystal Clear and replace it with.... it will be additional cost whatever I do.  I guess in addition, new drone buyers should be made aware about this problem. As for engineers, I am sure they can unlock this Android device so any third party application can be installed as on ordinary smart phone. I can see, phone brackets are available on the E bay so it must be a way to disconnect existing one. The cost of new controller is about A$500...  
2017-9-12
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

ZiggyM Posted at 2017-9-12 23:50
Thanks Rob and Susan, I think for now I will need to work out how to disconnect Crystal Clear and replace it with.... it will be additional cost whatever I do.  I guess in addition, new drone buyers should be made aware about this problem. As for engineers, I am sure they can unlock this Android device so any third party application can be installed as on ordinary smart phone. I can see, phone brackets are available on the E bay so it must be a way to disconnect existing one. The cost of new controller is about A$500...

There was a while ago some minor changes in the manual that would give slight hope that things change in the future.
To be honest i'll see it before i believe it and for sure i at all it could take some time before we see it changed.

Seen from another point, why would they change that part if not something was going on.
2017-9-13
Use props
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Australia

KEDDK Posted at 2017-9-13 00:23
There was a while ago some minor changes in the manual that would give slight hope that things change in the future.
To be honest i'll see it before i believe it and for sure i at all it could take some time before we see it changed.

Thank you Keddk... I guess we all need to wait and see. Lets hope someone is working on it...
2017-9-13
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

That will be a great feature.... hope the next firmware will allow this
2017-9-13
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

@dji susan,
there is no need to keep informing your engineers about this issue, because they knew it from day 1 (design stage) it's a pity the dji company never informed prospective buyers ON DJI WEBSITE, meaning they fooled loyal costomers
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

ZiggyM Posted at 2017-9-12 23:50

I completely understand your situation. We will update in our website as soon as there is any update.
2017-9-15
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

Do you mean the P4P or the P4P+ (is that what you meant by the display?)
2017-9-15
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

Any news on the subject?

Some rumors from the canteen or whispering in the hallways @ DJI
2017-10-21
Use props
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-10-21 02:50
Any news on the subject?

Some rumors from the canteen or whispering in the hallways @ DJI

Doe's anyone know how to disconnect this fixed screen and make a room for tablet to connect or do I need just a whole new controller to load 3rd party applications? Just bought a lessons on drone video and 90% of it are on Litchi... hmmm.
2017-12-13
Use props
KedDK
First Officer
Denmark

ZiggyM Posted at 2017-12-13 21:33
Doe's anyone know how to disconnect this fixed screen and make a room for tablet to connect or do I need just a whole new controller to load 3rd party applications? Just bought a lessons on drone video and 90% of it are on Litchi... hmmm.

I have being thinking the same but not dug into it yet. With a little luck it might could be connected in a way so it can be modified to a USB connector for change of device, but i really don't know.
2017-12-14
Use props
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Australia

KedDK Posted at 2017-12-14 11:28
I have being thinking the same but not dug into it yet. With a little luck it might could be connected in a way so it can be modified to a USB connector for change of device, but i really don't know.

Sorry for the late reply. I am on my way all the time. Just heard that this is not an option as all software are inside the controller and not display screen. Looks like we are stuck in this one unless we want to buy new controller.
2017-12-30
Use props
ZiggyM
lvl.2
Australia

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-15 07:05
Do you mean the P4P or the P4P+ (is that what you meant by the display?)

Sorry for the late reply.... yes I do. This screen is connected to the controller so apparently we don't have much choice as disconnecting screen only it is not going to change anything. So I guess the only option will be a new controller without the screen.... what a shame.... but we have been lured in for sure...
2017-12-30
Use props
Rodger8
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

ZiggyM Posted at 2017-12-30 05:37
Sorry for the late reply. I am on my way all the time. Just heard that this is not an option as all software are inside the controller and not display screen. Looks like we are stuck in this one unless we want to buy new controller.

I think that you will find that they are two distinct devices.
2017-12-30
Use props
martinflashgordon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 619587 ft
Denmark

Heloooooooooooooo?
Has enything changed?
I have paid a lot of money for DJI P 4Pro Obsidian and I can not instal 3rd party as well.
I want to use Litchi and screen recorder.

What now?
2018-11-11
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

martinflashgordon Posted at 11-11 04:55
Heloooooooooooooo?
Has enything changed?
I have paid a lot of money for DJI P 4Pro Obsidian and I can not instal 3rd party as well.

Buy a second drone? ;-)

RedHotPoker
2018-11-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules