White Balance Setting Not Being Saved
1603 28 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

I am currently on the beta version and have found that no matter what setting I set the white balance to, as soon as the aircraft is restarted, it resets to auto.
Has anyone else found this on v 602 or is it only on the beta v 608?
2017-9-12
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Maybe its an error in the beta version
2017-9-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-9-13 11:53
Maybe its an error in the beta version

So are you saying it does not happen on v602?
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Just to verify, were there any other operations before power off the drone? For example, initiate intelligent flight or reinstall the app etc..
2017-9-14
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-13 19:47
So are you saying it does not happen on v602?

No it doesnt
2017-9-14
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

Thanks for that. I have now reported it as a bug in the beta version.
2017-9-14
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-14 00:35
Just to verify, were there any other operations before power off the drone? For example, initiate intelligent flight or reinstall the app etc..

No. It does not matter which flight mode. I did reinstall the app but that did not change anything either. I have checked the other camera settings and they hold their settings. It is only the white balance that gets reset to auto.
2017-9-14
Use props
M109
lvl.4

New Zealand

White balance is saved just fine here with Beta 608 oinly problem i have is when changing saved camera settings, custom 1, custom 2 etc the gimbal goes hard to the left and takes about 30 to 40 seconds to re-center.
2017-9-14
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

M109 Posted at 2017-9-14 18:04
White balance is saved just fine here with Beta 608 oinly problem i have is when changing saved camera settings, custom 1, custom 2 etc the gimbal goes hard to the left and takes about 30 to 40 seconds to re-center.

Well that is strange. Maybe it is caused by some other setting. Are you using NTFS or PAL?
I try to avoid changing between the two because the gimbal just freaks out when I do and I normally have to do a gimbal calibration to get it aligned properly again.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-14 17:42
No. It does not matter which flight mode. I did reinstall the app but that did not change anything either. I have checked the other camera settings and they hold their settings. It is only the white balance that gets reset to auto.

Could you please provide us a short video for this case, upload it to Dropbox and paste the link, I am confirmed that the beta had not changed any settings on Camera. I'll help to check more if you could take a video. Thank you.
2017-9-16
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-16 02:28
Could you please provide us a short video for this case, upload it to Dropbox and paste the link, I am confirmed that the beta had not changed any settings on Camera. I'll help to check more if you could take a video. Thank you.

Hello Thor
I was in the process of making the video when I found out what is causing the problem and I am not sure what can be done about it.
It is caused because I have both a Mavic and a P4Pro and fly them one after the other. So it seems that when the DJI GO 4 app changes from the Mavic back to the P4Pro it resets the white balance.  I do make sure that the app is closed properly after flying each drone. The settings on the Mavic are not affected, only the P4Pro.
I haven't made a video of this as it would be too long.
Perhaps you could ask the people who write the app if they could look into it.I forgot to add that I use the same app and Ipad Mini 4 for both drones.
2017-9-17
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-17 20:42
Hello Thor
I was in the process of making the video when I found out what is causing the problem and I am not sure what can be done about it.
It is caused because I have both a Mavic and a P4Pro and fly them one after the other. So it seems that when the DJI GO 4 app changes from the Mavic back to the P4Pro it resets the white balance.  I do make sure that the app is closed properly after flying each drone. The settings on the Mavic are not affected, only the P4Pro.

Let me make it clear of your situation first, so you are using a Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro on the same app on your iPad mini 4, you first connect the app with your P4P, change the white balance setting, after using P4P, you connect the app with your MP, then the white balance now is the MP's, if you change it to something like Cloudy, it will always stay on Cloudy even if you connect P4P afterward and then change again back to MP, but on the contrary, P4P will not stay, am I right? Or something else? And what if you change the white balance of P4P, shut it down and connect to the app again, will it be saved?
2017-9-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-20 00:35
Let me make it clear of your situation first, so you are using a Mavic Pro and Phantom 4 Pro on the same app on your iPad mini 4, you first connect the app with your P4P, change the white balance setting, after using P4P, you connect the app with your MP, then the white balance now is the MP's, if you change it to something like Cloudy, it will always stay on Cloudy even if you connect P4P afterward and then change again back to MP, but on the contrary, P4P will not stay, am I right? Or something else? And what if you change the white balance of P4P, shut it down and connect to the app again, will it be saved?

If I set the White Balance to say sunny on the P4Pro, fly, then shut it down and then fly again, the White Balance will stay on sunny or whatever I set it to.
If I fly the P4Pro and set the White Balance to sunny or something else other than auto, then I shut it down and fly the Mavic with the White Balance on sunny. I shut down the Mavic and fly the P4Pro again, the White Balance will now be auto.  If I fly the Mavic again, the White Balance will still be on the setting it had the last time I flew it.
The setting for White Balance for the Mavic is retained.
The setting for White Balance for the P4Pro is changed to auto if I had previously flown the Mavic.
2017-9-20
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-20 22:11
If I set the White Balance to say sunny on the P4Pro, fly, then shut it down and then fly again, the White Balance will stay on sunny or whatever I set it to.
If I fly the P4Pro and set the White Balance to sunny or something else other than auto, then I shut it down and fly the Mavic with the White Balance on sunny. I shut down the Mavic and fly the P4Pro again, the White Balance will now be auto.  If I fly the Mavic again, the White Balance will still be on the setting it had the last time I flew it.
The setting for White Balance for the Mavic is retained.

Totally got that. I'll forward to the engineers to check it if it could be an issue or a normal case. For now, please manual switch it if there is a need.
2017-9-21
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-21 04:04
Totally got that. I'll forward to the engineers to check it if it could be an issue or a normal case. For now, please manual switch it if there is a need.

Well Thor, since I have upgraded to the DJI GO 4 app v 4.1.11, the White Balance is now not saved at all. I had 3 flights today consecutively, and all reset the White Balance to auto.
2017-9-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-9-22 20:21
Well Thor, since I have upgraded to the DJI GO 4 app v 4.1.11, the White Balance is now not saved at all. I had 3 flights today consecutively, and all reset the White Balance to auto.

Update: please try to reset the camera settings, if the issue persists, could you please provide us with a video of this case? We check our machines all and save the settings normally. Please also help to make a screenshot of the About on General Settings when you connect the drone to the app. Thank you so much of your assistance.
2017-10-20
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-20 01:01
Update: please try to reset the camera settings, if the issue persists, could you please provide us with a video of this case? We check our machines all save the settings normally. Please also help to make a screenshot of the About on General Settings when you connect the drone to the app. Thank you so much of your assistance.

Yes, I will do that the next time I am out flying and use screen capture on the ipad. If I do it just as a bench test without flying by turning everything on, setting the WB then turning everything off and then on again, the WB is still set correctly.
2017-10-20
Use props
Olivier Vietti-
lvl.4
Flight distance : 11618934 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

it must be the 608 version because at home, I also noticed that if I'm in activetrack and I set the exposure to -0.7, if I change inteligent mode it goes back to 0 every time
2017-10-20
Use props
epeniata
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5935650 ft
  • >>>
United States

when starting up the drone P4P new firmware, All camera settings revert back to default setup. Photo Cam, Video Cam, and some sub settings as well like histogram. When you change the setting to the users liking all reverts back once you cycle the power of the drone.
Also why isnt the setting tied to the option ie photo cam vs video cam

setttings like color, custom profile, sharpness , white balance etc,

it would be great if on my photo setup was dialed to take pictures and my video setup was dialed to video, I consistly have to change this depending on what option I'm shooting Photo vs Video

2017-10-21
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

This is really a very strange problem and I am glad I am not the only one. The strange thing is, it is so inconsistent with different people having different issues.
Since I refreshed the firmware (beta 608), it no longer resets unless I actually start the motors and the last time I flew, it happened as soon as I stopped the video as well as after a restart.
2017-10-21
Use props
epeniata
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-20 01:01
Update: please try to reset the camera settings, if the issue persists, could you please provide us with a video of this case? We check our machines all save the settings normally. Please also help to make a screenshot of the About on General Settings when you connect the drone to the app. Thank you so much of your assistance.

when starting up the drone P4P new firmware, All camera settings revert back to default setup. Photo Cam, Video Cam, and some sub settings as well like histogram. When you change the setting to the users liking all reverts back once you cycle the power of the drone.

setttings like color, custom profile, sharpness , white balance etc,

it would be great if on my photo setup was dialed to take pictures and my video setup was dialed to video, I consistly have to change this depending on what option I'm shooting Photo vs Video

Video of issue
2017-10-22
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Olivier Vietti- Posted at 2017-10-20 20:19
it must be the 608 version because at home, I also noticed that if I'm in activetrack and I set the exposure to -0.7, if I change inteligent mode it goes back to 0 every time

Some intelligent flight might change the camera settings to default, like Active Track as you mentioned, coz when you initiate Active Track, the camera needs configure the right settings to keep the focus on the subject.
2017-10-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

epeniata Posted at 2017-10-22 20:11

Thank you so much of the video, it doesn't support sharing the settings for photo and video, you need to adjust them individually. I'll forward this idea and the issue you encountered to the engineers to look into, will reply you once I hear something. BTW, may I know what mobile device are you using?
2017-10-23
Use props
ROBERTO SMERA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42619744 ft
  • >>>
Brazil

Just for your info:

The change in camera settings already occured in fw .602 in a random fashion. Each time (or every 3 or 4 times) I changed the batteries on my two P4P the camera annoyingly reverted to AUTO settings, instead of the A (Aperture Priority) I set before took off in the first flight. The issue can be “resolved” if I do not turn off my RC when I change the batteries between flights. In this case the camera settings remain the same.
2017-10-24
Use props
Jenee 2
Second Officer
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-23 22:46
Some intelligent flight might change the camera settings to default, like Active Track as you mentioned, coz when you initiate Active Track, the camera needs configure the right settings to keep the focus on the subject.

Thor, in my case, you are right. Since I refreshed the firmware, the WB is only being reset to Auto when I exit one of the advanced flight modes. What a relief as, now that I know this, I can live with it.
2017-10-24
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Jenee 2 Posted at 2017-10-24 20:08
Thor, in my case, you are right. Since I refreshed the firmware, the WB is only being reset to Auto when I exit one of the advanced flight modes. What a relief as, now that I know this, I can live with it.

So now the settings will be saved normally, right? That's so good to hear, and I'll forward this update to our engineers, too. Thank you for your feedback.
2017-10-26
Use props
epeniata
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-23 23:25
Thank you so much of the video, it doesn't support sharing the settings for photo and video, you need to adjust them individually. I'll forward this idea and the issue you encountered to the engineers to look into, will reply you once I hear something. BTW, may I know what mobile device are you using?

iPad Mini 2 Version 10.3.2
2017-10-28
Use props
epeniata
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-10-23 23:25

I did a refresh with no change in results.

Items that reset

-Camera Setting i.e. Raw back to jpeg / 4k 60 back to 4k 30
-Camera Setting i.e. Manual back to Auto
-Camera Setting i.e. ISO 100 back to Auto
-Camera Setting i.e. WB 5500 back to Auto
-Camera Setting i.e. Custom -1-2-2 back to None
-Camera Setting i.e. Color CINE LIKE back to None
-Camera Setting i.e. Histogram Displayed back to Not Displayed
-Camera Setting i.e. File Series, Continuous back to Reset

Also to upgrade the PHOTO cam settings memory to that selection and the VIDEO cam settings memory to that selection would be an increase in efficiency and workflow. Hopefully that is doable.

Finally thank you for putting the peaking selection in the camera setup it is much easier then where it was before.  
2017-10-28
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

epeniata Posted at 2017-10-28 10:14
I did a refresh with no change in results.

Items that reset

Thank you for your feedback again, your suggestion will be transferred.
2017-10-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules