3314 31 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72497 ft
Malaysia

Hi All Captian and Master,

I know that it might been ask or been post but I not really able to find the correct answer.

I was plan to go vacation to Shanghai and Thailand. So i need some information before I get my Mavic Pro travel with me. Scare stuck at the Malaysia Airport Custom or other country airport custom.

So my question is as below

1. Do I need to apply or register my Mavic Pro to the travel country CAA? if yes how I need to register?
2. Do I need to separate my battery from Mavic Pro and put in to LI-PO Bag?
3. Do I need to hand carry my Mavic Pro with all the battery and controller?
4. Do I need to apply or register anything in Malaysia Airport? AirAsia / MAS Airline?

2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

For China Mainland, I'm afraid that you have to register it: http://www.caac.gov.cn/en/SY/
As for Thailand, it has strict control of drones, please contact the CAAT to check the exact status.

I would recommend you to separate the aircraft and battery and discharge the battery to low level.
For more details, please try to contact the airline company to check.
2017-9-13
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3415 ft

Sweden

Hi. If you do finde out something about drones in Thailand, then please shere it with me as I'm traveling to Thailand as well and I CAAT haven't yet answered my mail, ..  thanks.   
2017-9-13
Use props
ro_flyer
First Officer
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Jinxie Posted at 2017-9-13 12:17
Hi. If you do finde out something about drones in Thailand, then please shere it with me as I'm traveling to Thailand as well and I CAAT haven't yet answered my mail, ..  thanks.

There is a YouTube channel (Lost LeBlanc )  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_NLJ4McJlCyYM-dSPRo7Q  who flies all over Thailand mainland and islands and posts videos about his adventures... he surely knows what are the drone policies there... maybe you could send him your questions
2017-9-13
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-9-13 18:15
There is a YouTube channel (Lost LeBlanc )  https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCt_NLJ4McJlCyYM-dSPRo7Q  who flies all over Thailand mainland and islands and posts videos about his adventures... he surely knows what are the drone policies there... maybe you could send him your questions

Thank for your info.
2017-9-14
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

Sure If you got the reply just let me know as well.
2017-9-14
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-13 03:28
For China Mainland, I'm afraid that you have to register it: http://www.caac.gov.cn/en/SY/
As for Thailand, it has strict control of drones, please contact the CAAT to check the exact status.

Thank for the info I will look in to it.
2017-9-14
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

Hi Jin Xie,

I refer to the CAA Thailand the drone below 2kg no need to register but u need to get permission on the land owner to fly your drone.

Refer to the link at the article 5.
https://www.caat.or.th/wp-conten ... ry-of-Transport.pdf
2017-9-14
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Denmark

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-14 23:55
Hi Jin Xie,

I refer to the CAA Thailand the drone below 2kg no need to register but u need to get permission on the land owner to fly your drone.

Thank you for the info.  
2017-9-15
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Denmark

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-14 00:46
Sure If you got the reply just let me know as well.

Yes of course I will.
2017-9-15
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

Jinxie Posted at 2017-9-15 11:20
Yes of course I will.

so when you going to Thailand?
2017-9-17
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-17 01:20
so when you going to Thailand?

Hi. We are goin to sallebrate Christmas and new year in Thailand.  So we are leaving on the 19 th of December  :@)
We have been in Thailand 10-11 times before , but this is the first time with a drone..   :@).
So I hope every thing will go well
When are you traveling. ?

P.s and still no replay on the mail, from Thailand.  Now it's over a month ago that I wrote to them. (((
2017-9-18
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

Jinxie Posted at 2017-9-18 08:36
Hi. We are goin to sallebrate Christmas and new year in Thailand.  So we are leaving on the 19 th of December  :@)
We have been in Thailand 10-11 times before , but this is the first time with a drone..   :@).

I going to Thailand early of Dec this year also. I been to Thailand also many time think got more then 20 time but is without drone, and this time also my 1st time travel with drone.

They respond might be slow and I read on their rules on drone that below 2kg not need to be register. I hope they reply you to double confirm on it.

I check on the MAS and Air Asia Air line, drone need to be hand carry and battery need to be remove out. Air Asia inform me that Thailand side might have problem when coming back time with drone.

Cross my finger hope everything goes smooth ...
2017-9-19
Use props
ThaiFlyer
lvl.4
Thailand

THAILAND
Announcement of the Ministry of Transport :
CAAT : Remote Pilot Aircraft or RPA to be registered
1.RPA with camera installed must be registered with no exceptions.
2.RPA over 2 KGs must be registered with no exceptions.
*** Any act of violation is subjected to up to one year imprisonment or fined up to 40,000 THB or both.
More detail at CAAT Drone Regulation Eng. : https://www.caat.or.th/en/archives/27220
2017-9-19
Use props
ThaiFlyer
lvl.4
Thailand

Jinxie Posted at 2017-9-18 08:36

Email -  info@caat.or.th  or apinya.p@caat.or.th
2017-9-19
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

Thanx ThaiFlyer.

Are you from Thailand? Do you have any information about drone for traveler to bring in to Thailand?
2017-9-19
Use props
ThaiFlyer
lvl.4
Thailand

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-19 06:31
Thanx ThaiFlyer.

Are you from Thailand? Do you have any information about drone for traveler to bring in to Thailand?

I live in Thailand and have a Aerial Photography and Videography Company here.
All travelers 'should' have their drones registered but most dont bother but authorities are getting stricter.  You won't have any problems at airports, it's just when you are flying you might come across a Policeman that knows the law and you will be in trouble.
2017-9-19
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

ThaiFlyer Posted at 2017-9-19 06:42
I live in Thailand and have a Aerial Photography and Videography Company here.
All travelers 'should' have their drones registered but most dont bother but authorities are getting stricter.  You won't have any problems at airports, it's just when you are flying you might come across a Policeman that knows the law and you will be in trouble.

Thank for the information.
2017-9-19
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

Today get a reply from Thailand CAAT. My question is where or how I can buy a insurance on this UAV?? at my country.?
2017-9-20
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

Thank you so much for the info.  
2017-9-20
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-19 20:33

Greate info, thanks.
2017-9-20
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-19 06:04
I going to Thailand early of Dec this year also. I been to Thailand also many time think got more then 20 time but is without drone, and this time also my 1st time travel with drone.

They respond might be slow and I read on their rules on drone that below 2kg not need to be register. I hope they reply you to double confirm on it.

Okay I see , I bought this special bags for the batteries, that I read that you must have to travel by airplane.. I not quite sure what you men by "back time" ?
It's that we can have trouble when we travel back form Thailand with our drone?  

2017-9-20
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

Jinxie Posted at 2017-9-20 06:13
Okay I see , I bought this special bags for the batteries, that I read that you must have to travel by airplane.. I not quite sure what you men by "back time" ?
It's that we can have trouble when we travel back form Thailand with our drone?

"back time' means when u travel back to your country from Thailand.

The email reply from CAAT you need to filled up the form and also the Drone Insurance which cover THB100k and the insurance paper need all your drone information.
2017-9-20
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-20 06:30

The email reply from CAAT you need to filled up the form and also the Drone Insurance which cover THB100k and the insurance paper need all your drone information.

Oh okay. Thank you for the replay, is the form on CAAT ?
And wher do you send it ?

Did you do that?
2017-9-20
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

Jinxie Posted at 2017-9-20 11:05
Oh okay. Thank you for the replay, is the form on CAAT ?
And wher do you send it ?

I Got my insurers trough a hoppy aviation club... when you join club and are a member you get a insurers for about 90.000 €.  
2017-9-20
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-20 06:30

I guess this is the form that you men ?

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-conten ... AV-Registration.pdf

But where do I send it.  ??
2017-9-20
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

Jinxie Posted at 2017-9-20 11:10
I Got my insurers trough a hoppy aviation club... when you join club and are a member you get a insurers for about 90.000 €.

that great can I have the link to join the club?
2017-9-20
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

Jinxie Posted at 2017-9-20 11:12
I guess this is the form that you men ?

https://www.caat.or.th/wp-content/uploads/2017/02/UAV-Registration.pdf

You can send to nichapan.k@caat.or.th
2017-9-20
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

TomGuyz Posted at 2017-9-20 19:17
that great can I have the link to join the club?

They only accept dansish citizen, and you have to leave in Denmark.  
Don't you have a club like that in your country. ?   
2017-9-21
Use props
Jinxie
lvl.1

Sweden

Thank you, have you register your drone bay that link , ?
2017-9-21
Use props
The Quadfather
lvl.4
Flight distance : 439026 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

Have not had any problems in Thailand - just don't go flying in Bangkok (it's not allowed) - have a few Bath in your pocket if any nosy police starts telling you can't fly - there are rules but as in a country as Thailand can be interpreted or just made up by the local police - At Suvarnabhumi airport they did not look twice on the drone instead focused on my 1.5 cm pocketknife that my GF tried to smuggle onboard... just don't check in your batteries they need to be in the cabin.

Think this is the closest you can get to what rules apply: https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-thailand/   and its more or less common sense as usual.

Fly drones in Thailand, you can.
2017-9-21
Use props
TomGuyz
lvl.2
Malaysia

The Quadfather Posted at 2017-9-21 04:53
Have not had any problems in Thailand - just don't go flying in Bangkok (it's not allowed) - have a few Bath in your pocket if any nosy police starts telling you can't fly - there are rules but as in a country as Thailand can be interpreted or just made up by the local police - At Suvarnabhumi airport they did not look twice on the drone instead focused on my 1.5 cm pocketknife that my GF tried to smuggle onboard... just don't check in your batteries they need to be in the cabin.

Think this is the closest you can get to what rules apply: https://drone-traveller.com/drone-laws-thailand/   and its more or less common sense as usual.

2017-9-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules