Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Setting RC location as home point - Weak GPS
2681 12 2017-9-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

I'm using an iPad Pro 10.5" as my monitor, and it works perfectly. However, during one flight the other day, I landed my Mavic Pro some distance from the home point and turned off the motors. When I restarted the motors, this reset the home point to the Mavic's current location. I went into the DJI Go 4 Settings page and pressed the button to reset the home point to the location of the RC. An error message popped up telling me that the GPS location of the RC was "weak" and that the home point could not be reset.
The iPad Pro (with cellular and wifi) has built in GPS and accurately displays my position in every other piece of mapping software that's installed on it. It accurately displays the RC's location on the DJI Go 4 screen too, so I don't understand why it would complain when trying to set the home point to the RC's current location?
2017-9-12
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

The home point refresh requires high GPS precision of mobile devices. Please make sure there is enough GPS signal and try again.
2017-9-12
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-12 23:20
The home point refresh requires high GPS precision of mobile devices. Please make sure there is enough GPS signal and try again.

Like I said, the GPS on my iPad pinpoints me to within a couple of feet in every mapping software I have (Google Maps, DJI Go 4 maps, Waze, and a couple of other full-scale aircraft flying map apps), it's just the "Reset Home Point" feature that says GPS is weak. It doesn't seem to matter where I am, it's always gives the same error. The iPad is at least as accurate as my cell phone.
2017-9-13
Use props
EastyT
Second Officer
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

Jyunte Posted at 2017-9-13 08:55
Like I said, the GPS on my iPad pinpoints me to within a couple of feet in every mapping software I have (Google Maps, DJI Go 4 maps, Waze, and a couple of other full-scale aircraft flying map apps), it's just the "Reset Home Point" feature that says GPS is weak. It doesn't seem to matter where I am, it's always gives the same error. The iPad is at least as accurate as my cell phone.

I know this doesn't help, but I have read this complaint many times in regard to IOS devices.
2017-9-13
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Had this similar experience but had to fly where I was standing then re-set the RTH. It then worked and returned to the new designated home point.
2017-9-13
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

EastyT Posted at 2017-9-13 09:11
I know this doesn't help, but I have read this complaint many times in regard to IOS devices.

Seems that it's a bug in the software that should be corrected! No point having that feature in the iOS version of the software, if it doesn't work!
2017-9-13
Use props
ro_flyer
Captain
Flight distance : 7557283 ft
Brazil

Try to do it before restarting the motors
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Besides, please also enable the internet with DJI GO 4 app if it has cellular at that time.
2017-9-13
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-13 20:04
Besides, please also enable the internet with DJI GO 4 app if it has cellular at that time.

The cellular connection is always on, so it can download the maps... so I don't think that's the problem.
2017-9-13
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
United States

ro_flyer Posted at 2017-9-13 18:29
Try to do it before restarting the motors

Interesting. I'll give that a try tomorrow. Thanks for the suggestion.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

Jyunte Posted at 2017-9-13 08:55

How about changing to another location with good GPS signal or another recommended device?
2017-9-15
Use props
DeputyDawgAtl
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1507073 ft
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 2017-9-15 02:11
How about changing to another location with good GPS signal or another recommended device?

I purchased a new Ipad with the Cellular option so I would have the GPS chip

Reason: I want to use the GO4 ability to change the home point (icon with the person).  Situation would be on a boat where you are moving.  This feature documents it will update home location every 15 seconds or something like that.

Anyways, I tried it out this weekend and got the "weak gps signal" error.

Did some research and found some older posts in DJI forum where this was a Go4 issue (resolved in update) - this was about a year ago.

I purchased an app which tests my GPS and Satellite connection.  With this app I can see all 12 satellites with excellent reception.    Back at my house (which is where I tested via app), I got it to intermittently work.

Given that I was able to get full satellite signal I wonder if the Go4 issue is back.

Thoughts???
2018-7-2
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

DeputyDawgAtl Posted at 2018-7-2 07:59
I purchased a new Ipad with the Cellular option so I would have the GPS chip

Reason: I want to use the GO4 ability to change the home point (icon with the person).  Situation would be on a boat where you are moving.  This feature documents it will update home location every 15 seconds or something like that.

As you mentioned, the Home Point updated intermittently, may I have more details? As the weak GPS signal refers to the mobile device's GPS,  you may verify whether this appears in another recommended mobile device.
2018-7-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules