P4P+ RC compass calibration
1679 12 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sldaniloff
New

United States

I have an issue with the Flight Telemetry on my new P4P+ Remote controller.  The red arrow which should show the direction the aircraft is facing is continually off by around 45 degrees.  I calibrate the compass on the aircraft and the problem remains.  From my research it appears I need to recalibrate the compass on my Remote controller.  How does one recalibrate the remote controller with the built in screen on the P4P+?  I have tried to locate RC calibration through the settings screens with no luck.  Specific directions would be greatly appreciated.  
2017-9-13
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

Are flying near metallic objects? sometimes that can throw the compass off. maybe a screenshot can help. Also can show a screenshot of senors on the remote.
2017-9-13
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

The only calibration I know of for the controller is for the stick range and center. Power up the Quad and the P4P+ then GO FLY then on the control at the top of the screen press the three . . .  On the left side you will see what looks like a control icon (third down from the top)  you will then see Remote Controller Calibration it will ask you to then shut the Quad off and you can then set the range of the control sticks.

However, I have had the P4P+ controller come up twice and ask me to move the controller in a figure 8 pattern to calibrate the compass for some reason it has just shown up on the screen
2017-9-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

RC has no compass
2017-9-13
Use props
sldaniloff
New

United States

RMJovo Posted at 2017-9-13 12:10
The only calibration I know of for the controller is for the stick range and center. Power up the Quad and the P4P+ then GO FLY then on the control at the top of the screen press the three . . .  On the left side you will see what looks like a control icon (third down from the top)  you will then see Remote Controller Calibration it will ask you to then shut the Quad off and you can then set the range of the control sticks.

However, I have had the P4P+ controller come up twice and ask me to move the controller in a figure 8 pattern to calibrate the compass for some reason it has just shown up on the screen

Thanks, I have calibrated the stick range and the aircraft regularly.  I do believe the screen prompting you to perform the figure eight with the controller is what I need. I recall seeing that screen for a second or two when I started up the new controller for the first time.  Does anyone know how to summon up this elusive screen?  Thanks again.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to move the RC as figure 8 for several times when power it on to calibrate the compass. See if it helps to get the attitude indicator back to work.
2017-9-14
Use props
RMJovo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1716240 ft
United States

Alabama  I have see this message on the P4P+ controller twice [ GL300E with the built in screen ]  what it shows on the screen is a controller and a big figure 8 and asks to calibrate the compass, by moving the controller in the figure 8 pattern as shown.  I however don't know what the figure 8 is really calibrating when the message comes up (who knows like manual that are translated from Chinese to English)
2017-9-14
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1385223 ft
United States

When I use my iPad I am asked to calibrate the compass every time... I never have to do it when I use my iPhone.  It's small and annoying, but in the end, it's not a big deal.  I spend 10 seconds, do it and move along with my life.  
2017-9-15
Use props
BagoDJIoperator
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1077608 ft
United States

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-15 07:08
When I use my iPad I am asked to calibrate the compass every time... I never have to do it when I use my iPhone.  It's small and annoying, but in the end, it's not a big deal.  I spend 10 seconds, do it and move along with my life.

I pretty much calibrate my compass every location I go so its accurate, just one of my pre checks
2017-9-16
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

BagoDJIoperator Posted at 2017-9-16 02:18
I pretty much calibrate my compass every location I go so its accurate, just one of my pre checks

Hummm.  Perhaps I should do it more often
2017-9-16
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

MrRobert5823 Posted at 2017-9-16 10:56
Hummm.  Perhaps I should do it more often

No, you shouldn't. Do the aircraft compass calibration once in a good, magnetic interference free place, and leave it alone until you go flying in Thailand. Check compass sensors performance in Go app periodically when in doubt. Good means good, don't fix things that aren't broken ...
2017-9-16
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

It's the compass in Android device that need calibration or - eventually - a fix. Go app uses it's readings to compare with AC compass and position the arrow accordingly on the map. Check AC compass (actually 2 compasses) performance on sensors state page in Go app. If it's good, than your craft should move straight forward aligned with arrow configuration, regardless it's position superimposed over map. But - if I understand correctly - your arrow is consistently off big time. That's not good, you need to know where your craft is heading when beyond VLOS. Arm your system and do that horizontal "figure 8" walk with RC before take off ... Maybe that's all what's needed to teach the build-in Android device where the North Pole actually is located ... Mine is smarter than your's, BTW ...
2017-9-16
Use props
MrRobert5823
lvl.4
United States

Dobmatt Posted at 2017-9-16 11:30
No, you shouldn't. Do the aircraft compass calibration once in a good, magnetic interference free place, and leave it alone until you go flying in Thailand. Check compass sensors performance in Go app periodically when in doubt. Good means good, don't fix things that aren't broken  ...

Oh.... ok... thanks

R
2017-9-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules