Tablet to use on controller
1008 10 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_Jks4Qt5
New

Ireland

Hi all newbie here just got a phantom 4 . My acer 810 tablet on android 4 won't run software
Can't upgrade to android 5
Looking at acer 850 on 5.1 8 inch with one gig ram will this
Will this do the job
Thanks in advance edcot
2017-9-13
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say probably not. Go 4 requires a pretty powerful device to run smoothly.
2017-9-13
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

Agree with the above.   Get a strong and fast processor as I doubt if GO will be made downward compatible as it continues to grow in its need.

I gave up on Android devices as they seem to readily allow apps to self-load in the background at times and take over resources GO needs.  I've even had GO itself self-start without me using it on my Samsung.  That's one of the main issues I've had with Androids as well as the carrier and Samsung and Google fixing the app and then GO refuses to connect, reboots, or whatever.  My old Samsung tablet now takes maybe 6-10 seconds from me pressing a button to it actually doing what it should, unless I reboot it and its fine again.  In flight, the lag from what I saw got out to 15 seconds from where the drone was at,  it was actually further ahead than where it was on the screen.

As much as I hated to go to Apple ($$$), I ended up with an Air 2 and it was far better than the Androids.  However, Air 2 is no longer made and mine is begining to do the video lag thing that erupts as processing gets taxed out with newer GO versions.  An IPad Pro A10x is in my future it seems, unless Android comes out with smoother and faster running device without all the allowed bloatware getting into the O.S.

Fwiw, on the cardboard wrapper around the Inspire 2 series box, no where is an approved Android device mentioned.  Only Apple devices.  Odd, but maybe telling too.
2017-9-13
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

IOS is the best choice by far.  Is bad to buy an expensive piece of equipment, then have to spend more on another device
2017-9-13
Use props
FatherXmas
First Officer
Flight distance : 4058619 ft
  • >>>
United States

I originally flew with a Samsung tablet, the video was terrible. Based on a bunch of posts on this forum and others, got an iPad Mini 4 and it works great.
2017-9-13
Use props
fans27dc0c8d
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1461611 ft
United Kingdom

I've successfully used a cheap non branded 1gb ram tablet that I'd purchased from tesco last year and used it without issue for 4 months, in all I'd suggest an apple product like mini2 if you've already experienced the difference between android and ios. If you've only used android then it works but has its faults. With regards to tablets I'd recommend you root your tablet and download apps that will boost its spec and you should be OK. Atm I am using a rooted Samsung a5 and have no issues (both rooted and unrooted), ram helps but it's a combination of many things that make it work, pointless having 2gb of ram without sufficient cpu just like back in the days with sata drive's,  it's all well and good having a 6700k cpu and 16gb ddr4 ram but deciding weather to put a sata drive or ssd makes a WHOLE LOT OF DIFFERENCE.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Sometimes we would recommend using the mobile device on our test list because engineers had tested to run DJI GO/DJI GO 4 on that mobile devices and they performed fine. But it doesn't mean that it won't support to run with other devices, hope users who use this device will help to give the answer. 移动设备列表.jpg
2017-9-13
Use props
fansfb99b3ba
New
Flight distance : 5220 ft

United Kingdom

Hi all Iam new here so hello!  Iam looking at buying a tablet to use with my p4. Looking at a iPad can anyone tell me can I use a iPad 2 or should I go for the newer 4? Cellular or wi fi? Plz help!   Thanks lee
2017-9-17
Use props
fansd77b4cd0
lvl.2
New Zealand

fansfb99b3ba Posted at 2017-9-17 10:28
Hi all Iam new here so hello!  Iam looking at buying a tablet to use with my p4. Looking at a iPad can anyone tell me can I use a iPad 2 or should I go for the newer 4? Cellular or wi fi? Plz help!   Thanks lee

I would recommend the iPad mini 4, it's my go to tablet for piloting. You can go for the three if you want but i would recommend the 4, it has a better processor and 2GB Ram, which is better than the Mini 3. The mini 4's screen is also more glare resistant than the mini 3, which makes it a lot better for drone piloting. I would still recommend getting a sun shade though. You can see a bit more information on thebest dji go compatible tablets here if you want.

If your iPad does not have a cellular connection, you are unable to use the "follow me mode" and you can't change the home location mid flight, i would recommend the cellular one but its up to you. Hope this was of some help to you
2017-9-22
Use props
Schlepprock250
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1375 ft
United States

I can strongly recommend the iPad Pro 9.7. Now mind you the iPad Pro 9.7 is the only iPad that I have used,  and I’ve only had it for a week but the few times I have flown my Phantom 4 using it it’s been flawless. Perfect size screen, low glare in bright sunlight,  and zero lag.
2017-9-22
Use props
fansfb99b3ba
New
Flight distance : 5220 ft

United Kingdom

Schlepprock250 Posted at 2017-9-22 19:34
I can strongly recommend the iPad Pro 9.7. Now mind you the iPad Pro 9.7 is the only iPad that I have used,  and I’ve only had it for a week but the few times I have flown my Phantom 4 using it it’s been flawless. Perfect size screen, low glare in bright sunlight,  and zero lag.

Thanks guys that’s really helpful.  Appreciate the reply’s
2017-9-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules