Update process
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mikeojohnson
New
United States

I would like to lodge a compaint about the update process.  In many cases it takes way too long.  First of all, there are too many, too frequent.  If they have to be frequent, effort needs to be put into making the process faster.  I don't know if it is constraints on DJI capacity, software design or what, but it is very frustrating.  I have a phantom, mavic and spark and it seems like every time I turn one on it wants to update something and an unplanned half hour or more is wasted.End of rant.

Mike Johnson

2017-9-13
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

If you want to enjoy any hobby, it takes time dedicated to that end.

You can play bingo, but that takes much longer, to win....  ;-$

RedHotPoker
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I think that this is very common for an intelligent electronic product, when there is a system update for my mobile device, I also need time to update it.  And the update of our drone is sometimes for the flight stability and flight safety, besides, to help the customers to have a better flight experience for the drone, it is also a good way to release new functions on the drone. The procedure of the upgrading has also improved when you compare Phantom 3 series with the new products. And we always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright. Thank you for your kind understanding.
2017-9-13
Use props
KEDDK
First Officer
Flight distance : 1133038 ft
Denmark

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-9-13 23:45
I think that this is very common for an intelligent electronic product, when there is a system update for my mobile device, I also need time to update it.  And the update of our drone is sometimes for the flight stability and flight safety, besides, to help the customers to have a better flight experience for the drone, it is also a good way to release new functions on the drone. The procedure of the upgrading has also improved when you compare Phantom 3 series with the new products. And we always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware because it's the optimization to the previous one, but that depends on you. If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright. Thank you for your kind understanding.

Hi Thor

Please stop calling this intelligent electronic, it is somehow smart but no way near being intelligent.

"update of our drone is sometimes for the flight stability and flight safety" - failed and failed.
"help the customers to have a better flight experience" - failed.
"also a good way to release new functions" - failed, it seem that more and more functions/settings disapear withut notice.
"procedure of the upgrading has also improved" - failed, i can't talk of how it was on P3 but by removing FW to download for SD update is a drawback, specially if one have a slow internet connection. On a good day i can get 5/1Mbit/s - that is not safe for a direct upgrade.
"we always recommend that users upgrade the latest firmware" - wrong you're forcing users to upgrade by stating lock would ocur if not upgraded. Also it was stated that if we were not satisfied we could donwgrade again but newer the less you have tried by all to stop us downgrading.

"If your drone's now performing fine and you don't want to upgrade it, that's alright." - thank you, then please tell how to stop that anoing "Upgrade available" notice to pop up all the time.

"Thank you for your kind understanding." - I can only speak for myself but sorry i have no understanding at all.

2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules