Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Freezing updates during contracts
669 2 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ROBERM19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

Has anyone had any luck freezing firmware and software updates when operating out in the field to do contract work? Another operator I work with asked DJI about this, and got the typical appeasement message along the lines of "sure we freezed it," but they don't even know which aircraft to freeze updates on so we figured it was a load of you know what.

Is this actually a possibility for those of us who use these platforms for contract work? Maintaining an internet connection and getting stuck updating systems before flying a site is not a viable option for us, and not being able to fly at all because of something like this would cost money
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI-Mark
First Officer

United States

Can you provide any more information about this issue on freezing up? If you are referring to updates, it is usually through the software or apps where this would occur. You would also need to be linked to a Wi Fi modem.
2017-9-14
Use props
ROBERM19
Second Officer
Flight distance : 839160 ft
United States

I am not talking about a freeze as in an application freezing and becoming unresponsive. I am asking about the possibility of freezing new updates from being required before flights because they reset some of our PWM settings in DJI assistant, as well as require an internet connection.

As an example, I want to isolate a Matrice system from all DJI updates for a 2-3 month period while we perform contract work.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules