Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Blurring when pan the drone a little faster
3221 7 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439475 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I am a new comer to this forum.Can someone suggest me what to adjust to get clear video pictures?When the drone is stationary, the video is clear and sharp but when I pan the drone, the pictures get blurry, especially at a faster speed.
I am using DJI Go 4 with the latest firmware.
In my app, there is no peak focus threshold and I could not remember what did I put in when I start using the drone.

Also advise me what is the long press action.

Thanks
2017-9-13
Use props
Paul_IA
Captain
Flight distance : 4959019 ft
United States

There's a lot of variables that you could look at. If you're panning too quickly, you'll get motion blur regardless of the settings. But maybe you could tell us your camera settings (resolution, FPS, ISO etc.).
2017-9-13
Use props
Jyunte
First Officer
Flight distance : 2103150 ft
United States

Slow panning is always the way to go, unless you have a very specific need to do a "whip pan". Watch any movie, and you'll see that all pans are very slow. The reason is because you are exposing each frame for a (relatively small) amount of time and moving the camera a lot during the time the shutter is open. This causes the image to appear smeared... which is called motion blur. Small amounts of motion blur is acceptable, or even desired as it mimics what the eye sees. But large amounts of motion blur is generally not wanted.

To reduce motion blur, do slower pans or increase the shutter speed... but increasing shutter speed may not be possible in the current lighting conditions (making the image too dark), and a fast shutter speed can have negative effects on how the footage looks during playback. Either way, the human eye won't be able to register what it sees when you pan quickly... whip pans are considered a special effect!
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I think it is normal to get the image or video not that detailed when you move the drone too fast. You can try to spin the drone at a low speed, or use Tripod Mode to help. Peak focus is on camera settings, you need to switch there when you connect the app with the drone. For the long press action, just to verify, you mean long pressing the image transmission screen, right? You can choose gimbal pitch control or focus, I think it is a personal preference.
2017-9-13
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

It is normal for faster pans to appear blurred in 24, 25 and 30fps. If you stop payback during a pan sequence, you will notice that the picture is still in focus.
Until you learn how to pan slowly and steadily, I would suggest setting your camera to 1920 x 1080 and 50fps for pal or a similar shutter speed for NTSC. This will give you smooth, in focus panning.
2017-9-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Do you have an example?
If possible with shutterspeed setting?
2017-9-13
Use props
Zin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 439475 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-13 22:09
Do you have an example?
If possible with shutterspeed setting?

Thank you very much for all the reply.
I analysed my video again and I noted that the ISO is changing every time when I move the drone to a strange setting like ISO 145.2. I don't know where my setting was wrong. I flew my drone just now after reset the camera setting and seems to be OK now.
I found the  Peak Focus Threshold in camera setting. which setting is better, low or high.

2017-9-14
Use props
Jenee 2
Captain
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

Zin Posted at 2017-9-14 04:57
Thank you very much for all the reply.
I analysed my video again and I noted that the ISO is changing every time when I move the drone to a strange setting like ISO 145.2. I don't know where my setting was wrong. I flew my drone just now after reset the camera setting and seems to be OK now.
I found the  Peak Focus Threshold in camera setting. which setting is better, low or high.

The Peak Focus Threshold is really a personal preference as to how much red you want to see in the picture on the screen. Just try each one and stay with the one that gives you sufficient in focus detail.
2017-9-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules