Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic Pro Spinning after update
921 7 2017-9-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans9a8743b7
New
United States

I just updated my Mavic Pro to the latest software. Every few flights, it just starts spinning. I can force it to land, but no other controls seem to work. Any ideas?

2017-9-13
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

This could be caused by any number of things, such as a need to calibrate the IMU or controller and I'm sure people will come along and speculate, but without more information that's all it is: speculation. If you'd like something more definitive then upload the flight log from your mobile device to PhantomHelp and provide a link to it here so that we can see what occurred during the flight. The instructions for retrieving and uploading the log are here.
2017-9-13
Use props
fans9a8743b7
New
United States

Okay, first, before I bother too many folks, I'm going to calibrate everything. If that doesn't do it, I'll be back!
Thanks for the suggestion.
2017-9-13
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

fans9a8743b7 Posted at 2017-9-13 14:38
Okay, first, before I bother too many folks, I'm going to calibrate everything. If that doesn't do it, I'll be back!
Thanks for the suggestion.

Well, that's not what I'd recommend at this point, but of course it's your choice.
2017-9-13
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Droneflying Yea but u just told him could be a "number of things, such as need to calibrate the imu or controller" so im sure most people will take it as ok ill do this first! Anyway I would check out the flight log seems like a propulsion issue
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Please try to calibrate the IMU, compass and your RC. Besides, you mean you could only force the drone to land at that time, no other sticks responded, right? Were there any error messages popping up on the app? All in one, please do the calibrations and test in a place with fine GPS signal. Please keep us updated if the issue persists. Thank you.
2017-9-13
Use props
DroneFlying
lvl.4
United States

$gambino$ Posted at 2017-9-13 18:01
Droneflying Yea but u just told him could be a "number of things, such as need to calibrate the imu or controller" so im sure most people will take it as ok ill do this first! Anyway I would check out the flight log seems like a propulsion issue

Droneflying Yea but u just told him could be a "number of things, such as need to calibrate the imu or controller" so im sure most people will take it as ok ill do this first!

I think it was pretty clear -- at least to those with a reasonable level of reading comprehension -- that my recommendation was to upload the flight log and wait for analysis before doing anything else to resolve the problem. And based on his reply it's obvious that the OP understood this, though maybe you didn't. In any case it's not a big deal; if I had been strongly opposed to him doing those calibrations I would have said so, and it has now been recommended by a DJI employee anyway.

Anyway I would check out the flight log seems like a propulsion issue

A "propulsion issue"? What does that even mean specifically? I suppose that it could be argued that any time the aircraft does something unexpected that it's a "propulsion issue", but that's hardly useful information.
2017-9-14
Use props
DJI-Mark
lvl.4

United States

Are you in an area of magnetic interference? Have you tried a compass calibration?
2017-9-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules