Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Phantom 3 SE For Sale
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
k9bm
New
United States

Several weeks ago I purchased a Phantom 3 SE online from TomTop, direct from China.  It arrived in perfect shape and shortly thereafter English documentation became available when DJI started selling the aircraft outside China.  I purchased a Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro SM-T320 to use with it based on favorable forum posts.  But I can't get past the hideous DJI Go software.

I connect the tablet's WiFi to the aircraft and go through the required initial settings, it successfully saves them.  Then it gets to the screen with the ACTIVATION button and prompts me to change the WiFi connection to a local internet connection, which I do.  It then says it is connected to the WiFi internet connection, and I click the ACTIVATION button.  Then an error prompt comes up telling me to check my internet connection.  I go back to a web browser and load a few websites to assure myself the internet connection is OK, then go back to DJI Go.  Same result.

I opened a support ticket with DJI (738857) but, as expected, it was ignored (I don't know why I didn't believe all the online forum posts about DJI support, or lack thereof).  So, TomTop has given me an RMA number and I am ready to ship this expensive paperweight back to China so I can buy a different brand.  However, I'd rather avoid the international shipping.  So, $575 plus shipping and a brand new never spun up Phantom 3 SE in the box with all original materials is yours--if you understand the software better than I do.  It may end up on Ebay but I thought I would offer it to the community here first.  Thanks for reading....

2017-9-13
Use props
SkyCamera
lvl.1
United States

Try phone with LTE, so wifi would be free for your drone.
2017-9-13
Use props
k9bm
New
United States

I read several threads with people using this tablet before buying it, so I know that it SHOULD work.  I am certainly not going to buy an LTE enabled device and subscribe to a cellular data plan just so I can register this aircraft.  DJI finally did respond to my support request, but their only suggestion was to connect to a different WiFi network--even though I stated that the WiFi network works fine for every other app on the tablet and shows a 100 Mbps+ result on website speed tests....
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry for the trouble that has been caused, we suggest to downgrade the DJI Go to activate the drone, and then update to the latest version.
You have our sincere apologize for the experience with our product, could you happen to have a try? Thank you.
2017-9-13
Use props
Nelsonlee
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2779203 ft
  • >>>
Malaysia

My P3 SE arrived 2 days ago and after unboxing and charged full both RC and Battery then do the first time activation with latest DJI Go version Android tablet with no issues.
P3SE.jpg
2017-9-13
Use props
solentlife
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Have read various where people have failed with Android yo register with latest GO. When they used an iPhone - its worked fine. So if you know anyone with an iPhone .... try that .... if it registers - you can then go back to your Android as it makes no difference what you use after registration ....

Nigel
2017-9-13
Use props
k9bm
New
United States

I tried installing an older version (2.9.0) but as soon as I switch to the internet connection on the activation screen it just demands that I update to the latest version of DJI Go, refusing to do anything further.  Really lousy software....
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

k9bm Posted at 2017-9-13 22:54
I tried installing an older version (2.9.0) but as soon as I switch to the internet connection on the activation screen it just demands that I update to the latest version of DJI Go, refusing to do anything further.  Really lousy software....

Can you please find an iPhone to have a try?
2017-9-14
Use props
k9bm
New
United States

Well I didn't have access to an iPhone, but I loaded DJI Go on my Samsung cell phone and I was able to activate the Phantom 3 SE by forcing the phone to use cellular data.  I was then able to go back to the WiFi only tablet and everything works fine.

This is a significant BUG that I have reported to DJI.  They either need to fix the app so it will recognize the WiFi internet connection on the tablet, or tell people that the aircraft cannot be activated without using a device that has active cellular data service.  But thanks to all who tried to help....
2017-9-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules