Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-13 22:08
I am still in doubt weather I am going to buy the Spark, MP or Phantom 4 advanced.
All have their con's and pro's so I am still on the waiting list.
For me the main reasons to buy a Spark would be price (also battery) and size (unfolded) but it lacks in image quality and camera settings.

I started with these steps -  3 Standard - 3 Advanced - Phantom 4 Pro & Spark and just gone back to Mavic Pro. WHAT!!! I hear you gasp. Why go from P4P to Mavic.....?? Wanted a smaller footprint as find I use it a lot more than my P4P. Found a cute deal with someone who wanted to swap.  P4P was owned since release and the Mavic was purchased by him in June this year. Yes I miss the super duper 20mp camera but my shots so far with the Mavic are good enough for me. Sold the Spark as surplus to requirements. No doubt I will maybe go P4P again but for now its nice to have a mavic and love it. Plus Ocusync over Lightbridge.
2017-9-18
Use props
IainWB
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Nick779 Posted at 2017-9-18 03:59
You realize that most of those gains are from the new propellers (which will be available for all Mavics next month) right?

the ESC upgrade will bring very minimal gains.

Additionally there are deals to be had on the Mavic Pro over the Platinum, and I'm guessing that will only increase once the Platinum is available.

I saved a couple of £100 on a new Mavic Pro Combo last week. Yes, I'll buy the new pros - but I'll still be around £300 better off, and have had several weeks more fun with it.
2017-9-18
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

CoreyB10 Posted at 2017-9-18 04:25
I started with these steps -  3 Standard - 3 Advanced - Phantom 4 Pro & Spark and just gone back to Mavic Pro. WHAT!!! I hear you gasp. Why go from P4P to Mavic.....?? Wanted a smaller footprint as find I use it a lot more than my P4P. Found a cute deal with someone who wanted to swap.  P4P was owned since release and the Mavic was purchased by him in June this year. Yes I miss the super duper 20mp camera but my shots so far with the Mavic are good enough for me. Sold the Spark as surplus to requirements. No doubt I will maybe go P4P again but for now its nice to have a mavic and love it. Plus Ocusync over Lightbridge.

Thanks for that.
I am seriously considering Spark or Mavic.
Just waiting for Spark to support 25fps video and I want to see if the Platinum version has a better sensor (I read somewhere that it was better suitable for 1080 60p and if that is the case I would consider the Platinum being worth the extra money since I shoot most of my footage in 1080).
2017-9-18
Use props
grafik2
New
United States

I think it would be neat.
2017-9-18
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.2
United States

You realize that most of those gains are from the new propellers (which will be available for all Mavics next month) right?

thought it was a combo of the ESC along with the new propellers that makes it quieter, no? I'm hearing mixed opinions about it..
2017-9-18
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.2
United States

here's a link with the noise comparison of MPP and MP propellers.. this should give us a better idea..

2017-9-18
Use props
Nick779
lvl.2
Flight distance : 459610 ft
United States

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-18 09:25
here's a link with the noise comparison of MPP and MP propellers.. this should give us a better idea..

So from what it looks like, the Mavic pro had something like regular BLheli ESCs with no hardware PWM, the Mavic Pro Platinum has what I would assume to be 32 bit ESCs with Hardware PWM. The regular ESCs are blipping to get the props unfolded, as they cant idle at low speed. The 32b + HW PWM can idle extremely low so its possible for it to spin up slower and more smooth. The Platinum's hardware is technically better, but the ESCs arent much significantly more efficient/quiet.

the props off test is meaningless, the real world noise profile is easily 85% the props
2017-9-18
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.2
United States

Nick779 Posted at 2017-9-18 10:12
So from what it looks like, the Mavic pro had something like regular BLheli ESCs with no hardware PWM, the Mavic Pro Platinum has what I would assume to be 32 bit ESCs with Hardware PWM.

the props off test is meaningless, the real world noise profile is easily 85% the props

if you watch the ending he tried a noise test without the props
2017-9-18
Use props
Jon_ny23
lvl.2
United States

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-18 10:13
if you watch the ending he tried a noise test without the props

my bad didnt read your whole message.. imo it's not worth the extra 100..i will buy the new propellors tho
2017-9-18
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Flight distance : 468668 ft
Australia

So how much are they saying the new propellers are going to cost?
2017-9-18
Use props
CoreyB10
First Officer
Flight distance : 1665023 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jon_ny23 Posted at 2017-9-18 09:13
thought it was a combo of the ESC along with the new propellers that makes it quieter, no? I'm hearing mixed opinions about it..

It is the props that make it quieter and the esc's that give it a little more flight time. People read and don't understand clear text.
2017-9-19
Use props
Ahmed Hussain
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1339761 ft
  • >>>
Kuwait

Don't you  think SPARK 2 is in the way ?

DJI new technology must be included ( ESCs, Props ) = more flight time, more guieter!!

Camera new hardware = FHD ( 30 - 60 ) - 2.7 K ( 30 )!!

I believe these are within DJI abilities since the developed MPP!
2017-9-19
Use props
vdh
lvl.3
Flight distance : 193786 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I upgraded from spark to mavic,I'm loving the mavic ! though I sometimes miss the portability of the spark but love the extra flight time & feels better in some wind & the camera is brilliant
2017-9-19
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Australia

vdh Posted at 2017-9-19 13:49
I upgraded from spark to mavic,I'm loving the mavic ! though I sometimes miss the portability of the spark but love the extra flight time & feels better in some wind & the camera is brilliant

Great to hear, I will buy one just waiting until the end of the month before I unload.
2017-9-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Neither.
2017-9-19
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Grmbl.
Hope DJI will add this soon. I would love to get my hands on one.
2017-9-20
Use props
utkin
lvl.4
Flight distance : 237733 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

I like Mavic Pro for its great functionality as compared to its compact size. Spark has so many limitations and it is merely not usable for my purposes.
2017-9-20
Use props
Jos A
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

Montfrooij Posted at 2017-9-14 04:31
Does Mavic have 360 pano's (with DJI Go 4 app?)

No only litchi or Ultimate flight has it.
The last one is the only one you can fly preplanned waypoint(GPS) missions (saved!!) with an orbit in a waypoint point or point of intrest  so a flawless movie is easy to make
2017-9-30
Use props
LeafPeeper
lvl.4
Flight distance : 450075 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having owned a Mavic now for 3 months, I'm going to be right on a Spark 4K once somebody creates one.  That's the only thing keeping me from switching right now.   I like the Mavic, but I HATE all the gimbal issues and fragility, and frankly it's rather a nuisance to get all set up to fly quickly (unfolding, find a good spot to take off, landing pad, set up the remote, get the phone situated, get everything connected, etc.)   I would much rather have a drone I could pull out of a case, put on my hand and send up in the air.     I just want 4K video....which is where the Spark fails for me.  I don't even care about the battery life.  I'll buy extras.

LP
2017-9-30
Use props
larrymull
lvl.3
Australia

I ended up upgrading, looking forward to it, it should ship soon. Just wondering and I am sure this has been answered numerous times, the new mavic pro platinum low-noise propellers will they lower the noise if I put them on the mavic pro?
2017-10-1
Use props
Anthony566
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2488944 ft
United Kingdom

I have never flown a spark but i have no regrets at all with my Mavic Pro ....  Its an amazing drone in every way.
2017-10-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules