CrystalSky video in ...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

I'm asking for too much, I'm afraid ... With CrystalSky is it possible to monitor external video from 3rd party device like DSLR camera? That'll be a fantastic bonus feature welcomed by millions of photographers entering aerial imagery ...
2017-9-13
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

You see whether the spec of CS tells you anything. If it has HDMI input like the Nvidia tablet, it is good sign. If it runs on google android and not Dji customized android, it probably is easy to mod if it does not do it out of the box. But then DJI will lock it up so tight like their SSDs, you will not other use except ONLY with DJI products.
2017-9-13
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DTK Posted at 2017-9-13 19:00
You see whether the spec of CS tells you anything. If it has HDMI input like the Nvidia tablet, it is good sign. If it runs on google android and not Dji customized android, it probably is easy to mod if it does not do it out of the box. But then DJI will lock it up so tight like their SSDs, you will not other use except ONLY with DJI products.

I did my homework and no, apparently there's no HDMI IN socket. I was hoping that other protocols like USB allow for video transfer. It's really disappointing since such feature will be great. Thank you anyway ...
2017-9-13
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

P4P + will be a best example of what you will get. A lock down screen.
2017-9-13
Use props
Skyclip
lvl.4
Flight distance : 347940 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Over at RCGroups, blade strike (DJI Employee) said that an adapter is in the making. SDI/HDMI input.
2017-9-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Sorry that CrystalSky cannot be the monitor of third party device at the moment.
2017-9-14
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-9-14 01:34
Sorry that CrystalSky cannot be the monitor of third party device at the moment.

Thank you, Mindy. I hope DJI team will come up with some adapter to make it possible ...
2017-9-14
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
  • >>>
Canada

Skyclip Posted at 2017-9-13 23:55
Over at RCGroups, blade strike (DJI Employee) said that an adapter is in the making. SDI/HDMI input.

Oh, that's good news! I hope it'll work ...
2017-9-14
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

Hardware aside. Are there hack to CS 's android OS to take the input which is the question.
2017-9-14
Use props
Zane Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8712549 ft
  • >>>
United States

what about a hdmi to usb capture card there is video of them working with a usb otg cable on some tablets and phones
2017-12-15
Use props
SRQ-FL
lvl.2
Flight distance : 69639 ft
United States

DTK Posted at 2017-9-13 19:00
You see whether the spec of CS tells you anything. If it has HDMI input like the Nvidia tablet, it is good sign. If it runs on google android and not Dji customized android, it probably is easy to mod if it does not do it out of the box. But then DJI will lock it up so tight like their SSDs, you will not other use except ONLY with DJI products.

DTK - How would you mod an android tablet to have HDMI input?
2017-12-29
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Australia

SRQ, I did ask the same question. Someone here said USB to HDMI adapter. I doubt it would work though. DJI only make single purpose equipment. I think we are asking for too much here. That is why  I stick to Note 8, android device. I can still do what I want. Hardwarewise, it gives me bright screen, 1240nits, same as CS bright version and better. Bigger screen 6.2" vs 5.5". Note 8 screen resolution is also 2K, if I am not mistaken.
2017-12-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules